PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely ridiculous!

bhn22
01-13-2014, 03:23 PM
I listed some ammunition on one of the auction sites today. As part of this, I researched the shipping restrictions on ammo to be certain where I could ship to. I ended up going to one of the ammo sites to see what they were doing. Here's what I found out:

Alaska- No Ammo Sales Due to Shipping Regulations. (quite understandable, no air shipments)

California No Ammunition Sales To:Los Angeles, Sacramento, Oakland, San Francisco No Tracer Ammo - ALL CA

Connecticut No Ammunition Sales

Hawaii No Ammunition Sales Due to Shipping Regulations. (Understandable again)

Illinois No Ammunition Sales To: Chicago, Cook County All Others Require FOID card & State ID.

Massachusetts No Ammunition Sales

New Jersey Pistol Caliber Ammunition Has Restrictions. Require NJ Firearms ID & State ID. See Instructions Below.

New York No Ammunition Sales (SAFE Act)

Washington D.C. No Ammunition Sales

P.O. Box; APO; FPO No Ammunition Sales Must ship to physical address.

It's a bit startling to see it all written out like this. Ironically, most of the places listed appear to be where citizens need most to be armed.

bnelson06
01-13-2014, 03:31 PM
Does that surprise you?

Baja_Traveler
01-13-2014, 03:32 PM
California:

Los Angeles - Gangs (with liberal fathead politicians that think limiting ammo will solve the problem)

Sacramento - more gangs (with liberal fathead politicians)

Oakland - even more gangs (see above)

San Francisco - Just a bunch of liberal fatheads

As for the tracer ammo, major fire issue here - 99% started by smokers (other than arson, but the fatheads would rather ban tracers)...

Bad Water Bill
01-13-2014, 05:18 PM
Chiraq Murder capitol of the country and the most restrictive anti gun city.

bhn22
01-13-2014, 05:20 PM
I finally Googled Chiraq...

square butte
01-13-2014, 05:23 PM
Wonder if the CA restrictions include components? In many places components are considered to be ammunition

Bad Water Bill
01-13-2014, 05:31 PM
I finally Googled Chiraq...

More people murdered in Chiraq last year than were lost by our military in Iraq AND Afghanistan combined.

Blacksmith
01-13-2014, 06:12 PM
CMP will ship to Alaska and Hawaii but shipping costs more than the rest of the country.

MaryB
01-14-2014, 01:49 AM
AK gets ground shipments via boat so why not ship there that way?

GaryN
01-16-2014, 11:26 PM
I know you can ship primers and powder by air (UPS and FEDEX), it just costs more. Look at Midsouth Supply. They can ship by air.

starmac
01-16-2014, 11:57 PM
AK gets ground shipments via boat so why not ship there that way?

You can, but it is not feasible to ship less than 100 pounds. The way I understand it we have to get it delivered to the dock (seattle area) then the barge lines will bring it up to the dock on this end. usps, fed x or ups will not do all this.

MaryB
01-17-2014, 02:15 AM
Nothing runs up the Highway into AK?

Garyshome
01-17-2014, 02:28 AM
You do not understand, liberal fathead politicians DO NOT CARE who gets killed [as long as it's not them] You all are sheep to be used as liberal fathead politicians [or repubs, there is no difference] choose. They Do Not CARE At All!!!!!!! Understand this!!!!! Quit thinking otherwise....
Los Angeles - Gangs (with liberal fathead politicians that think limiting ammo will solve the problem)
Sacramento - more gangs (with liberal fathead politicians)
Oakland - even more gangs (see above)
San Francisco - Just a bunch of liberal fatheads

starmac
01-17-2014, 02:58 AM
Nothing runs up the Highway into AK?

Lots of freight comes up the highway, depending on what it is, but no ups, fed x, usps or even greyhound. lol There is no ltl shipping companies that service Ak by road.

bhn22
01-17-2014, 10:51 AM
Well, the auctions ended, and I quoted everybody their UPS Shipping charges. HOLY COW! UPS is terribly expensive! The average 8 lb package ran over $20.00 when shipped UPS ORM-D, which requires an adult signature. I was so embarrassed by the shipping charges that I cut & pasted the UPS quotes to my e-mails.

Hardcast416taylor
01-17-2014, 11:08 AM
Try looking at it from the other side of the coin. IF YOU owned UPS or any other shipping company, WHAT would YOU charge a customer so YOU can stay in business and pay all the expenses involved for running such a business and show a profit at the end of the month? Robert

bhn22
01-17-2014, 02:25 PM
It's too bad I can't ship ammo by mail. The average package would run a maximum of perhaps $12.35.

fryboy
01-17-2014, 03:30 PM
mite be cheaper to (a.) shoot it , ( b.) buy a gun that does shoot it , ( c.) pull it for components

bhn22
01-17-2014, 04:09 PM
22 LR ammo. I sold 2500 rounds to raise cash (not scalp). I'm thinking about trading for a lever-action .357 to use light cast loads in place of the .22s.

starmac
01-17-2014, 04:18 PM
I would have figured 22 ammo could be sold anywhere in the country face to face, no shipping involved. I know if I wanted to sell any of mine it would be super easy. A friend of mine inherited a bunch a few months ago, and a local gunshop bought it all, no shipping required.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
01-17-2014, 05:01 PM
I would have figured 22 ammo could be sold anywhere in the country face to face, no shipping involved. I know if I wanted to sell any of mine it would be super easy. A friend of mine inherited a bunch a few months ago, and a local gun shop bought it all, no shipping required.

but you can't find any on a shelf in the lower 48 , been sold out for a year , occasionally you will find a few 50 round boxes for a reasonable price on a store shelf if you do you buy it , even if you have enough someone you know is looking for it

a fair price is 7-11 cents a round, around here , there are a number of scalpers who have figured out how to beat everyone to the stores or have an inside person that leaves it off the shelf and they buy it before it gets un-boxed ten they resell it on arms list or at gun shows for 3 times what they payed for it

but now it is mostly just everyone buys it any time they see it

starmac
01-17-2014, 05:25 PM
It is the same here, and the reason it would be easy to sell FTF and not have the hassle or expense of shipping.

bhn22
01-17-2014, 06:35 PM
First, you have to figure out a way to contact the potential buyers to let them know it's available. If I had waited a couple of weeks, I could have asked for, and received perhaps sixty dollars a brick.