PDA

View Full Version : Ruger sr40c vs. Glock 23

sirgknight
01-13-2014, 03:21 PM
Is either of these a better choice for shooting cast bullets?

ffries61
01-13-2014, 04:07 PM
I don't know about the Glock, but I have a SR40c that shoots my cast boolits extremely well.

Fred

Ed_Shot
01-13-2014, 08:13 PM
I use a Glock 22 with Lone Wolf barrel and it's totally cast friendly. The G22 Lone Wolf 9MM conversion barrel is a definite asset too as it would also be for the Glock 23.

Firebricker
01-13-2014, 08:35 PM
Because of the polygonal rifling in the Glock the Ruger would probably be a better choice. Now that being said LoneWolf barrels take the rifling worry out and you hear a lot of don't shoot cast from Glocks but there are guys here that do it with no issues. If you like both pistols equal I'd go Ruger if you favour the Glock do a search and seek out the guys with first hand experience with them. Best to get it straight from the source. Now on a side note I have shot an SR-9 with cast and it shot well. FB

MtGun44
01-14-2014, 02:25 AM
Many (most?) Glock users seem to be switching to new aftermarket bbls to shoot
cast, so I'd have to say that cost alone mitigates for the Ruger. My personal style
does not work well with Glock grip angles, grip bumps and trigger pull, either, so that would
be a big deal for me.

Bill

sirgknight
01-14-2014, 09:29 AM
Many (most?) Glock users seem to be switching to new aftermarket bbls to shoot
cast, so I'd have to say that cost alone mitigates for the Ruger. My personal style
does not work well with Glock grip angles, grip bumps and trigger pull, either, so that would
be a big deal for me.

Bill

This was my main concern for bringing the Ruger into the picture. The Glock is about 90% (many rds) and the Ruger is about 98% (less than 500 rds) and they are the same price. This being the case, it seems that the Ruger is a no-brainer when considering other concerns. Thanks for everyone's thoughts for consideration.