PDA

View Full Version : Teflon powder

TreeKiller
01-12-2014, 11:31 PM
I have searched for 2 days and can not find the thread that had a link to Teflon powder. Did a Google search and went through all the links for company's that sell coatings and can't find any. I had saved the link in the post but saved the home page only.

Thank You

Digger
01-12-2014, 11:36 PM
Possibly this ?
http://www.shop.allpowderpaints.com/TEFLON-SLIP-BLACK-TSSB39344.htm?productId=1026

bangerjim
01-13-2014, 12:39 AM
As far as I have read, TFE coated boolits are illegal in many locations!!!!!! Even possession is illegal.

They supposedly tend to easily go thru Kevlar. Police do not like that.

Check with your local and state regs and proceed with caution.

banger

TreeKiller
01-13-2014, 01:04 AM
Possibly this ?
http://www.shop.allpowderpaints.com/TEFLON-SLIP-BLACK-TSSB39344.htm?productId=1026
Yes that is the one.
Want to use it on some Bee equipment to keep Propulis from sticking.
Thanks
Dan

Tech2
01-13-2014, 12:21 PM
I purchased a pound of the teflon black and a pound of the anti graffiti clear. I have only done a simple melt test on a sheet of tin foil. Both were a high gloss and fairly slippery. The black may be slightly conductive and therefore dissipate a static charge a little faster.
California does have a ban on teflon on the books.

TreeKiller
01-13-2014, 11:31 PM
California does have a ban on Teflon on the books. Good thing as i still have a box of 40+ S&W 357 coated from the late 70s.

xacex
01-15-2014, 04:54 AM
In Oregon you can have them, and shoot them, but if they are used in a crime they add an additional felony. Kind of strange really. Teflon does not aid in the penetration of bullet proof vests as pushed by the media. The coating was to protect the barrel of a firearm against the solid brass bullet, and to help reduce ricochet off of object such as auto glass.

I would like to see some results with this powder, and see if it is worthwhile coating with over traditional P/C. For our use I don't think it matters much.

prickett
01-15-2014, 01:24 PM
Wait! You mean the media got something gun related wrong? :-)

There have been a handful of folks trying the teflon paint. From what I gather it works well, but doesn't seem any better than the other paints being used.

Walter Laich
01-27-2014, 07:19 PM
There has to be a mistake--the media never gets it wrong.
Oh, what is this world coming to?

bangerjim
01-27-2014, 09:17 PM
I guess the OMN (Obamama Media Networks) cover everything gun-related......true or not!

A law enforcement buddy of mine does not like TFE coated bullets.

bangerjim