PDA

View Full Version : Success at last!

Wag
01-12-2014, 11:42 AM
So, as a follow up to my T-Day shooting spree (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?220868-I-ve-learned-one-thing-I-really-kinda-suck-at-this-)&p=2498077&viewfull=1#post2498077) (<--Linky Thingy) I finally got out to the range yesterday and fired off my recrafted .45 ACP rounds. All I did is seat the rounds deeper by 0.006." Apparently, in more of a rush than I should have been in, I originally failed to check the chamber in the barrel of my pistol. Really stupid, actually.

This time around, though, the pistol worked just fine with all rounds. :-D

So, the only things left to check are accuracy (it wasn't great but I'll use the excuse that it was windy and cold and I didn't take pics, either) and leading (too cold to work on it in the garage yesterday). As soon as I can get the barrel swabbed out, I'll report back.

Dang, that feels good. Finally!

--Wag--

Echo
01-12-2014, 12:05 PM
So, the only things left to check are accuracy (it wasn't great but I'll use the excuse that it was windy and cold and I didn't take pics, either)
--Wag--
I also usually neglect taking pictures on poor accuracy days - that seem to be coming along more frequently...

Walter Laich
01-12-2014, 12:09 PM
If there aren't any pictures it didn't happen :wink:

Wag
01-12-2014, 12:43 PM
Eh. It WAS fairly windy and I wasn't pushing for accuracy or checking group sizes yet. Just making sure the rounds would work!

Next time, I'll take pics!

--Wag--

wistlepig1
01-12-2014, 07:41 PM
Wag, you can't use the wind, that's the one I use[smilie=1:.

Good to here things are coming a long for you. It takes time and a good lube!

Wag
01-12-2014, 09:40 PM
Workin' on the lube part of it now. Made my first batch of 45/45/10 yesterday and it seems to have come out okay. As with everything, just testing things out as I go.

I'll take the wind excuse as a second one. My other one is that I had my wife and her puppy with me. Just distracting. :D

--Wag--