PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Here Use Mike Hass' Ammo Guide Online?

Jeff H
01-11-2014, 10:18 PM
Here is the link:
http://ammoguide.com/

I am curious and it's under $20 a year to subscribe.

I don't mind spending $20 to find out if this site is worth using but I have received a lot of helpful insight here and thought I'd ask first.

Thanks.

Jeff

303Guy
01-11-2014, 10:50 PM
Yes I do - I'm a full member which means I have access to load data details and can add my own loads. It's a great site. All the cartridges dimensions including a few wild cats and growing.

Jeff H
01-11-2014, 10:57 PM
Thanks, 303Guy, I'll give it a go.

Appreciate the feedback.

EDG
01-12-2014, 03:01 AM
How can anyone trust the data from that site?

madsenshooter
01-12-2014, 03:11 AM
Not all of it, but some is copied from powder and bullet manufacturers and is pressure tested. I used to be a member, just haven't had the money lately to renew. Jump in on the free days, oh, you might not get a notice when those days are, and check out the features that you can. I like the ballistic calculator.

dromia
01-12-2014, 04:19 AM
I'm a paying member, as someone who deals with many different cartridges and calibres over the year I find access to their cartridge library and comparison tools invaluable.

blikseme300
01-12-2014, 03:24 PM
How can anyone trust the data from that site?

I treat all published data the same, paper or electronic, I crosscheck. I am a member and use the resources as references but not gospel.

dale2242
01-13-2014, 08:49 AM
I have been a member for a number of years.
Good site.
Always cross reference all load data and start low, no matter the source.....dale

rr2241tx
01-13-2014, 01:38 PM
I'm a member. There are some good tools there and knowledgeable contributors. Also the favorite roosting site of some annoying Chicken Littles. Mostly smokeless and jacketed bullet oriented.

mdi
01-13-2014, 01:46 PM
I treat all published data the same, paper or electronic, I crosscheck. I am a member and use the resources as references but not gospel.
Me too. It's my "policy" to use any on-line load data as reference only. If I see a promising load combination, I'll double check against one (or more) of my published manuals. BTW; I pay very little (read no) attention to any forum "expert", gun shop guru, gun counter clerk, or "unofficial", pet reloads web site (not a powder mfg. site). I've been able to reload for nearly 30 years using info from my printed manuals; plenty of combinations...