PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed

Ajax
01-11-2014, 09:30 AM
My brother Travis has been drinking since he was 16 years old. In the past 2 years he has turned up the drinking to the point it has cost him jobs and dang near his family. We were finally able to get him to go to detox/rehab. He is having a very hard time during this. He has been in rehab for 3 days and he is really struggling detoxing. His wife says he will call her completely out of his mind and ramble. She is torn up because she is having trouble seeing him hurt like this but she knows it is the best for him and their family. Please pray for them and that the good lord will give them both the strength to get through this trial and they both turn to the lord for guidance and strength. I want to thank you guys for being here so i have some people i trust to confide in and ask such a endeavor from.

Andy

RED333
01-11-2014, 09:36 AM
Prays sent, Gods speed.

square butte
01-11-2014, 09:39 AM
Prayers sent for your brother and family.

Charlie Two Tracks
01-11-2014, 10:19 AM
Prayers sent Andy.

Teddy (punchie)
01-11-2014, 10:25 AM
Sure will pray.

Darn young drinking, it hard to get a hold on drunking after starting so young. I watched a friend, that still is always drunk. Just hard and they need all the help they can get.

Ajax
01-11-2014, 11:35 AM
very true, he would get up at 6 am and immediately grab a beer drink till 6pm and pass out wake up at 8pm drink more go to bed at midnighr get up at 3 am have 3-4 and go back to bed and up at 6 am at it again.

Andy

w5pv
01-11-2014, 01:52 PM
It like any addiction affects some worse than others,prayers sent for him and your famlies.

jmort
01-11-2014, 02:22 PM
Praying that this is it, once and for all and that he can rise up and break his chains. So many lives and families ruined by drink.

Wayne Smith
01-11-2014, 02:24 PM
Andy it will be very hard for him to put it down. Remember that his wife married him that way, she will have to get used to him sober if he stays that way. This may be a challenge. I will keep them in my prayers, it will be a long haul for them.

Ajax
01-11-2014, 02:34 PM
he was sober when they met. update he was sent to the ER last night blood pressure would'nt go down. they finally got it down but he is still there. He finally ate some thing today and is asleep first for both in 3 days. They told my sister in law he went in to DTs sooner than they expected. He is still out of it when awake. but we have a strong close family who all have stepped up to help and support him. Thank you guys for the prayers please keep em coming. It was his decision to go to rehab and i think he will be fine once released. He had to be sent to acute care night before last so it is no longer voluntary they wont release him till he is completely dry.

Andy

DLCTEX
01-11-2014, 03:13 PM
I have been there and the Lord delivered me. Lord, I ask you to deliver him and his family.

trys357
01-11-2014, 05:09 PM
Prayers sent to you and all of the family.

Charlie Two Tracks
01-11-2014, 08:40 PM
Amen DLCTEX.........amen

missionary5155
01-12-2014, 06:34 AM
Good morning
I will also pray for Travis. Without God's intervetion and a new life in Christ there is little success.
Mike in Peru

Ajax
01-12-2014, 03:57 PM
Well he is over the worst part of the DTs. he was lucid and remembered some of what he did and said but he lost a couple days. the [prayers are definatrely helping guys and i am pushing him to the lord as is the rest of the family.

Andy

daniel lawecki
01-12-2014, 04:14 PM
Prayers sent my friend lost his battle last sunday. This will be tough for everyone but with prayer and friends he can win. Is he strong in mind it will take all he has to over come.

Ajax
01-13-2014, 03:20 PM
He is back to his "normal" self and thru with the DTs.

Andy

trochilids
01-14-2014, 03:03 AM
I want to thank you guys for being here so i have some people i trust to confide in and ask such a endeavor from.

It truly is an honor for us to be invited into your family like this. Some know each other better than others, but regardless our common Christian brotherhood / bond is the tie that binds... So glad Travis is doing better. I am raising prayers for continued success for him and your family.

Bad Water Bill
01-14-2014, 08:48 AM
Keep watch over him.

This is a fight he will have for the rest of his life.

I have known many folks that have overcome this problem and lived a long and prosperous life.

He will need a lot of help for a while yet.

Ajax
01-16-2014, 05:14 PM
He is home and doing fine says he has no cravings for beer but is a coffee addict now lol.

Andy

jmort
01-16-2014, 05:20 PM
A lot of former drinkers use cigarettes and "liquid cigarettes," i.e. coffee to cope. My liquid cigarette is green tea. Very good news for all concerned. Thank God

John Allen
01-16-2014, 05:20 PM
Andy, I hope all works out buddy. At least he has a good support system.

Bad Water Bill
01-16-2014, 05:39 PM
Many years ago an AA man was faced with a REAL problem. Since he was no longer spending ??? hours at the bar he became very boared.

His wife said pjck any hobby you wish. It can not possibly cost as much as the drinking.

He decided to start taking a board and converting it into a rifle stock.

Eventually he became one of the best in Chicagoland.

I doubt he ever averaged $5.00 per hour for the time he spent crafting a stock.

NO he never had a drop after he started his hobby and his wife and children knew just where to find Joe when they wanted him.

Just a thought.

BSalty
01-17-2014, 03:44 AM
Andy, I have not been online much as of late. So I am happy to hear of the outcome thus far.

I watched a family member go through this (drugs not drink though). It took jail time to knock him sober. I will say a prayer of support for the family.

Ajax
01-17-2014, 05:36 AM
Thank you guys. we are always there for him and he knows it. I am trying to get him into muzzleloading, he has a felony failure to stop and render aid. So modern is out of the question. I am hoping he will get as hooked as i did on them and he will have a great hobby. One that he can share with his family.

Andy

Lloyd Smale
01-18-2014, 08:22 AM
Ive delt with addition right under my own roof so know what your going through. Ill say prayers for him.

missionary5155
01-19-2014, 06:24 AM
Good morning
Will keep on praying also. A changed life is certainly the best solution.
Mike in Peru

WRideout
01-19-2014, 08:25 AM
It is an axiom that addicts need to hit bottom before they feel the need to change. If he has spent years of his life killing his feelings, it may seem very strange to Travis and his family that he can actually feel again. This will take some adjustment, but is worth it in the end. Prayers sent.

Wayne

Gibbs44
01-20-2014, 10:34 PM
Stay by your bro, I'll be praying for him and the rest of y'all.

obssd1958
01-21-2014, 02:56 AM
I've been where your brother is.
Hit bottom when I realized that my wife was going to take my family away from me - if I didn't change.
I had tried to quit on my own, but even with the best of intentions, and promises that I meant from the bottom of my heart - I couldn't do it.
God opened my eyes and helped me see that He was the only one that could cure me. I went to my knees and begged for His help.
I've been sober now for more than 30 years.
He can do it. He just has to turn it over to God.

Don

Themayor
01-21-2014, 07:23 AM
Pulling for your brother and you.

buckwheatpaul
01-21-2014, 08:13 AM
Andy, It is a fact that more people die from alcohol withdrawel than all the other drugs added together....however, with you brother in a detox center they will monitor and treat him accordingly. Withdrawel is very hard on the patient...if he is committed to get off of alcohol he will get better but it is very difficult to watch....your brother, his family and you have my prayers ....

DRNurse1
01-21-2014, 09:22 AM
The object, your brother, may not see the damage he is doing to himself or his relationships, so these events are hardest on those around him.

Our prayers are with you and your that you have the strength to weather this storm and set a true course for him to Him. Stay on course even as this storm eases. Peace, Brother Andy.

Darryl