PDA

View Full Version : QuietCat - great concept

quilbilly
01-09-2014, 11:47 PM
I was just reading the info on this new electric tricycle for hunting. Great concept but overpriced and not ready for prime time since they are having trouble getting the batteries to make the product. In a nutshell, this product is an off-road tricycle for one rider powered by lithium ion battery that can carry you 50 miles between charges. Absolutely quiet and built like a mountain bike for sturdiness in rough country. Also it is foldable and light enough for one person to lift into the back of an SUV or pickup without a ramp. Here on the Olympic peninsula you could use it for hunting black tails deer on the private tree farms that are open to the public but prohibit internal combustion engines. At $5500 it is way to much money for most so I will stick with my mountain bike I guess.

tommag
01-10-2014, 12:52 AM
I looked at their website and it said $4699, and good for 20-25 miles. Looks neat, but spendy.

lukeyduke
01-10-2014, 01:58 AM
Too much money.

Goatwhiskers
01-10-2014, 09:37 AM
Interesting concept, but it seems to me that the trike type ATV's were discontinued mostly due to instability. I noticed too that the machine would never make it down here in La. with those narrow tires. Heck I was in a walker a while back after surgery and had to put flotation tires on the thing to get around. GW

Jim Flinchbaugh
01-10-2014, 12:35 PM
in Montana, you would have to license it to use anywhere but private land

DeanWinchester
01-10-2014, 12:42 PM
You'd be better off with an American Sportworks hybrid UTV. Electric motor to get you in quiet, gas engine to haul out the meat.

quilbilly
01-10-2014, 01:58 PM
I just particularly like the idea of it being foldable and light enough to put in the back of a small SUV for easy weekend camping/rockhounding/prospecting trips from a comfortable base camps without having to drag a trailer. Even at the new price of $4700, it is still wayyy too expensive.

xs11jack
01-10-2014, 11:15 PM
Don't the atv's cost more than that? Those three wheeler atvs would flip to the front left or right, depending on which way the front wheel was turned too sharply. A few children died and they were outlawed.
Ole Jack

scb
01-11-2014, 12:31 PM
Can't see 'um being much help getting those big deer out they show on their web site. Looks like you'd have to drag the deer and the trike.

John Allen
01-11-2014, 12:45 PM
Here is another one http://www.blessthisstuff.com/stuff/vehicles/cycles/stealth-electric-bikes/

montana_charlie
01-11-2014, 04:01 PM
Gee, if you don't have the energy to walk, or the skill to hunt, you could ride a silent tricycle and use a drone to find game.

What's not to love?

texassako
01-12-2014, 12:04 AM
I would rather have a lifted, knobby tired electric golf cart for less money. Of course we are flat, private, and using old logging roads to get around on where I hunt.

Rooster59
01-12-2014, 01:33 AM
Gas golf cart, lifted with flotation tires, extra battery and a good 2500lb winch. A small suv would pull an 8' trailer with the golf cart on it. For $2500 you get a roof, windshield, and room for someone to ride along to help load the deer.

starmac
01-12-2014, 05:16 AM
Apparently some yuppy in Colorado has a whole different opinion than I do on what an off road vehicle is. I see this as some kind of competition with the sedgeway crowd.

Dale in Louisiana
01-12-2014, 01:45 PM
Meeting in the woods.

"Hey, Harry. I ran out of gas."

"Wait right here. I'll be back in a bit with a gas can."

Result: success.

Or...

"Hey, Harry, the battery's dead on my eco-friendly ATV."

"Uh, okay, dude. Lemme go get you a big bucket of electrons...."

How's that gonna work?

dale in Louisiana

quilbilly
01-14-2014, 12:03 AM
Most of the big tree farms around here are open to the public but roads are gated with boulder obstacles as well leaving just enough room to walk, slide in a bicycle, our lead a horse through the boulders. This is all thanks to the greenies sabotaging logging equipment but it has really improved the hunting for the black-tail deer. I have carried deer halves out more than once on my back on bicycle with a packframe.

texassako
01-14-2014, 10:38 AM
You could always try one of those electric powered bike trailers that attach to the bike you already own. Something like this: http://www.poweredbiketrailers.com/ It actually looks handy for some of the things I do, but never thought of a trailer for a bike other than a kid hauler.