PDA

View Full Version : I am back, and it feels good.

429421Cowboy
01-09-2014, 04:01 PM
After a few months away, I have returned to the site friends. I am sorry to have disappeared on you guys without an explanation, but I am humbly returning to the site and people I love so much.
In the past few months I have had many experiences that I normally would share with you guys, but I just got too darn busy with school and work and had to bow out. I hope to catch everybody up on everything gradually, and get back into the swing of posting things. Regrettably, I have not pulled a press handle in probably over 4 months, but I figured I needed to get back to the thing that I enjoy most, even if it is only reading about reloading, till I can load again this summer.

The biggest change has been my transfer from my old school to the main college in Bozeman, where I am currently a Junior studying Wildlife and Livestock Habitat Ecology. It sure was a hard deal moving off the ranch and into a condo in a bigger city here, but I certainly was glad to already have a few semesters of school under my belt so I didn't have to worry about that at the same time.
I am now living with my brother here, and working at a resource management company that helps ranches put together grazing plans and restore rangelands, and do love my job and the people I work with.
With so much happening at once, and having to be away from Miss K since she has to complete her degree at a different school, I have to admit I was feeling pretty low for awhile there and didn't want much to do with being happy, but now I am doing better and ready to get back at the shooting game. I did miss my time here, but it was hard to come back after being gone and try to explain what all happened.
The first week of antelope season I wound up having to have emergency surgery on my back, which put me behind in school and I had to fight the rest of the semester to keep my head above water, which also kept me from the site.
I will have to post up some pictures of the hunting season over on the Hunting forum, but have to sadly say that I did not get a single chance to take a critter with cast this year, or to even handgun hunt. Everything was with high-vel jacketed, but I was happy to just be able to hunt what I did.

Anyways, sorry for the ramble, I am back and I hope to stay more caught up with you folks here!

Bean.

Fishman
01-09-2014, 04:48 PM
Good to see you back, and I can relate to your studies getting in the way of life! Remember that nothing is forever, both good and bad.

koehn,jim
01-09-2014, 05:08 PM
Welcome back, school is very important and can help get a good job.

Jim Flinchbaugh
01-09-2014, 06:08 PM
Respect for a younger guy who has his priorities right!
Welcome back

429421Cowboy
01-09-2014, 07:15 PM
Thanks guys! I am happy to be back.

Right now I am hoping to get a job as a game warden but I am also loving the job I have right now, which this degree will allow me to also pursue, so who knows? I do really wish I could have my press and everything down here, but I am trying to stay realistic about that because even if I had time to load I really wouldn't be able to shoot much, so I'll just wait for summer break to be home.

Idaho Mule
01-09-2014, 08:07 PM
Welcome back Cowboy. Glad to hear you are doing well, sometimes life ain't easy. I was wondering how you were and hoping for the best so it is good to hear from you again. JW

Love Life
01-09-2014, 08:15 PM
Welcome back to the madness!!!

Focus on your studies. If you get a game warden job, then cool. If you love what you currently do then follow that path as well. I believe the average person changes careers 4 times in their life, so who knows!! Follow all paths of opportunity, and cut and run from losers!

Thumbcocker
01-09-2014, 08:16 PM
Good to see you back. I enjoy your posts. A loading press can be mounted on a 2x12 and C clamped on a breakfast bar and boolits can be cast in an apartment with a half sheet of plywood put down to protect the carpet. Just a couple of thoughts from back in the day.

429421Cowboy
01-09-2014, 08:43 PM
Well, the lamb chops are marinating, and the rice pilaf is cooking for a nice traditional Armenian dinner, and I am back on Cast Boolits, so life is looking better now as we speak :) If I could have every one of you over for dinner I would!

JW, I am glad to hear you are doing well and about ready to jump back into the work force, I hope these last few cold snaps haven't been too bad on you! Dick, we'll have to see just what all happens here, I love the job and the people I get to work with, we are a motley crew but they accepted this cowboy into their team with open arms and I can't say I would hate staying awhile. I have also heard the statistic that something like 25% of people actually get a job related to their degree, so I am keeping a pretty open mind. Thumbcocker, I have been blessed with a real actual honest to goodness garage here, that would be a great workspace, and I even brought down my Lee Loaders to bang out shells last semester, but I found I was too busy to load, and never got to do any! So for now, I am loading about as much as I am shooting, which is not a whole lot at all, but plan to change that over break if I can!

MtGun44
01-09-2014, 11:10 PM
Emergency back surgery for a young guy!? Hope it wasn't serious, but if it wasn't
it would not have been emergency surgery.
Good luck with all your endeavors. Armenian cowboy?

Bill

429421Cowboy
01-09-2014, 11:19 PM
It wasn't too serious, I had a cyst that was filling with sacral fluid and pressing on a disc that was making life fairly uncomfortable, it put me out for over a week but now things are back to normal! I was doubly lucky that I had already gotten both of my antelope already and also that I was back at home so I could go see my regular doctor as well as have some family to help get me back and forth till I went back to school!

Half Armenian, my mother is full and still speaks it, I am trying to learn. My great-grandfather came out here in the '20s, after the genocide of our people in Turkey, to cowboy and it sorta stayed in the family!

Ed Barrett
01-09-2014, 11:50 PM
Glad to see you back. I hope you have clear sailing from now on and your problems are behind you.

TXGunNut
01-10-2014, 12:29 AM
Good to see you back! Stay on those books, we'll be here when you get a break.

Recluse
01-10-2014, 12:38 AM
If you're well into your education, then absolutely stick with it and do whatever it takes to finish it. It's one thing that nobody can ever take from you. Banks can take your car or your house. Employers can take your job. Marriages can go sour and jobs can go bad.

But nobody can take the education you have inside of your head. It's yours forever and yours to use as you see fit. Whether you use it to pursue a job or career in line with what you studied or whether you simply check it off as another of your "Life's List Of Things To Get Done," the choice is yours.

You've got your head squared on right and that makes a lot of us old farts pretty damned proud of you.

:coffee:

ACrowe25
01-10-2014, 12:53 AM
I know the feeling. I'm 22 and in my final semester for my degree in biochemistry. Lots of hard work juggling school, work, etc. Should pay off...

Iowa Fox
01-10-2014, 02:50 AM
I wondered what happened to you. Good to see you back.

Bad Water Bill
01-10-2014, 03:01 AM
Never mind the excuses.

Just tell us how many sticks of T N T it took to separate you from your lovely MISS K

Or was it pry bars?:bigsmyl2:

Congratulations on your accomplishments and keep us informed from time to time.

Wayne Smith
01-10-2014, 08:52 AM
Sounds like you have your life and options well in hand. Just now a hard patch, and they do come along now and then, but hanging on to your priorities and digging in to get the job done. Would that more young people had your values and determination, but then, as a psychologist I usually see the other extreme!

472x1B/A
01-10-2014, 03:55 PM
Glad to see you're back Cowboy. I was really wondering what had happen for so long. Was hoping that I hadn't asked too many butchering questions. Glad to hear that you are doing well now. Why don't you come over for supper Sunday nite, we're having pork chops. We did 11 piggies last Sat. and are going to cut'em up tomorrow. 6 Hamps and 5 Chesters averaged about 295. Didn't know that there could be that much differance in skinning between breds. Don't get in too big of a hurry for shooting and reloading till your schooling is finished, belive me there will be plenty of time for that later.

MtGun44
01-10-2014, 04:03 PM
+1 on what Recluse said. Education is really a treasure.

Glad to hear it wasn't some of the early onset aging type of back problems. Back problems
are so big a drag on a person, and often are difficult to get over. I had a little trouble, but was
fortunate that exercises made it go away.

I have spent a bunch of time in Armenia in the last 5-6 yrs. You are lucky, like another friend of
mine who is Armenian, to have had your relatives get out. The state of the country now isn't too
good and the soviet years have really taken a toll on the country and the people. A good friend
was born and raised in Yerevan and made it out in the 80s, he is saddened by what he sees now
that the soviets are gone, and not happy with many of his boyhood friends. They can't see that
a lot of the problems are due to soviet thinking that many can't shake.

Bill

OBIII
01-10-2014, 04:04 PM
Welcome back. If you have any tales from your family about the Genocide, I for one would like to hear their point of view. They would probably be things never mentioned in any official records. Good luck with your schooling.

OB

country gent
01-10-2014, 04:19 PM
Cowboy always rember this little tip. I always told my apprentices this same thing. Take all the schooling classes and knowledge you can, never turn down a chance to learn something new. Tools and equipment can be lost or stolen and replaced the knowledge in you head can never be taken away. Knowledge is the key to getting ahead. Learn all you can about everything you can. Never turn down a chance to learn.

429421Cowboy
01-12-2014, 05:58 PM
Thank you all for the kind words, it means the world to me to know the you guys are on my side.

I do hope to keep up with the site and maybe do updates on classes and things as we go along!

MT Gianni
01-13-2014, 12:26 AM
Meze Market is the place to eat for Greek food in Bozeman. It is run by a Turk who has some great dishes. PM me and I will arrange to buy you lunch in 3 weeks or so depending on your schedule.

429421Cowboy
01-13-2014, 02:03 AM
Sounds good and I drive by there a lot, I have been meaning to stop in! It'll depend on the week because I go between here and home but that sounds great to me!