PDA

View Full Version : Messed up!

Freightman
12-02-2007, 07:37 PM
almost, I cast some 8mm KAR boolitsand sized them with LLA then after the LLA dried I sized the nose in a .311 Lyman sizing die as the boolit is to big to go in my Hakim chamber. Loaded up five dummies as long as I could and ran them through the rifle.
Well the lube had all been rubbed off with the sizing then the nose sizing and had every intention to re-lube. In my haste to get to the range to try the Hakim with these big boolits I put the powder in pushed them together and off to the range.
Well after shooting ten then shot my last ten I had a couple of fliers that I do not have with this rifle. Then I remembered "no lube". Well I figured I would have a severly leaded barrel, got home went to the shop to clean it and was plesently surprised had no lead at all.
The Hakim slugs .322 and the boolits are sized .3245 sizing them right does help.
Except for the two flyers I kept all rounds with in the gopher body target at 100yds., it is a 5" target and all shots were in the head chest area, so even with basicly no lube not bad.
I was happy I learned to nose size the boolits on this great information site.
Thanks guys!

Blammer
12-02-2007, 08:25 PM
NICE! no telling what other tricks you'll pick up!