PDA

View Full Version : Casting to get over the loss of a family member.

Alvin
01-07-2014, 07:56 PM
I think this is the right place for this. I had a family member pass away unexpectedly roughly a month ago. Since then casting, or anything gun related has not even crossed my mind. Haven't visited any gun related sites, even missed out on a rifles that I've been trying to get for a long time because I never visited the site so couldn't check my messages.

It still hurts losing a family member, and I still think about her daily. It gets a bit easier daily I guess, but this weekend was the best I've felt in a while. Friend came and basically kidnapped me to go shooting. I want to believe she was looking over me that day, hit a 500 yard shot first go with a cold barrel.

Just wanted to say to those who might be in a similar situation or find themselves in one in the future, time does slowly heal and shooting helps the process as well.

Alvin

Boaz
01-07-2014, 08:39 PM
I agree Alvin , sorry for your loss of family , it is always hard . You give good advice , time does help .

CastingFool
01-07-2014, 08:44 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a loved one is always hard.

Bzcraig
01-07-2014, 08:48 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss. It is normal to process the loss and experience some depression and not want to do things that we enjoy and is healthy as part of the grieving. It is also very important and healthy to begin to enjoy those things again. Good to hear your doing better! Will pray for you and family.

DLCTEX
01-08-2014, 12:24 AM
Prayed for you. I find casting and shooting to be theraputic. Hang in there.

missionary5155
01-08-2014, 05:55 AM
Good morning
I will pray for you and the others who are facing these days.
Mike in Peru