PDA

View Full Version : ccopying posts

Beekeeper
01-07-2014, 04:35 PM
Ilike to have hard copy of posts I see that have info I think I can use at a later date.
Using the old software I could click on a certain part os a post and download it and print it.
Using the new software it isn't possible.
Each time I have tried I wind up printing the entire post.
Is there a way to download or print a certain part of a post using the new software?

beekeeper

bhn22
01-07-2014, 04:48 PM
Copy and paste to a word file.

Menner
01-07-2014, 04:52 PM
Highlight the body of the post right click in the highlighted area and copy, then open Microsoft word right click and paste

or when you right click to copy choose print

and you can highlight only what you want to print

the advantage of saving it to a word document is you can control font size and lay out of the text

Down South
01-07-2014, 07:54 PM
If you don't have Word, you can use Notepad. I believe all Windows based computers have it.
If you do have Word, you can save all the posts or parts of posts as well.

uscra112
01-08-2014, 12:41 AM
Wordpad is much more powerful than Notepad. You can embed pictures, for one thing. Saves as a Rich Text File (.rtf) which almost all word processors recognize.

lancem
01-08-2014, 01:11 AM
I cut and paste to an email and send it to myself or save it as a draft. I sort all of my emails using Outlook so it makes it easy for me.

MtGun44
01-08-2014, 01:17 PM
Until your e-mails "go away". ;-)

Bill

RayinNH
01-08-2014, 01:41 PM

Bill

To the NSA...Ray

Char-Gar
01-08-2014, 01:45 PM
Like others, I copy and paste to MSWord, but it can be done with any word processing program. I keep a file on my hardrive for these posts. I can print any off that I want, but I seldom do that. I have an external hard drive that back up automatically, so should I have a crash I won't loose anything. I hope.

Down South
01-08-2014, 07:28 PM
I cut and paste to an email and send it to myself or save it as a draft. I sort all of my emails using Outlook so it makes it easy for me.
I email "Stuff" to myself all the time. It's because I need a file, picture, link or something at somewhere else I frequent. I work/play on about 1/2 dozen different computers from work, to my RV where I stay, to my house in Louisiana, to my iPad, to my phone.

lancem
01-08-2014, 09:13 PM

Bill

They won't go away, they are stored on my machine using Outlook. Only way they are going away is a hard drive crash which will eat up your word files just as well...

blackthorn
01-09-2014, 01:40 AM
I copy to a word file and every few days I copy everything onto a flash drive so I don't lose much if the computer decides it don't like me.