PDA

View Full Version : 22lr take off barrel

NSP64
01-06-2014, 06:25 PM
Has anyone used a 22lr take off barrel to replace the .177 cal barrel on their air rifle?

buckshot&brass
01-12-2014, 04:10 AM
Groove and land dimensions are the wrong size for pellet use.

Planing on shooting bullets?
Better have a heck of a power plant.

shredder
01-12-2014, 09:25 AM
No but I have replaced the 177 barrel with a 22 barrel. Crosman makes replacement barrels in 10,14,18,and 24 inches. Drilled ports, sight shelf, everything is done. I got my 14 inch 22 barrell for 26 bucks, put it on my 2240 pistol added a skeleton butstock and made one heck of a rat gun!
Then I replaced the tube on my dad's old 1377 pump pistol. Same type of thing.... 14 inch 22 tube replace hand grip with buttstock.

Have a good browse around the net. If you have a crosman co2 or pump gun the replacement is easy. Other brands and spring guns might well be a no go.

trevj
01-12-2014, 04:20 PM
I put a rimfire barrel onto an older Spanish made gun (sorta magnum class springer, canna recall the name right now) that got the original barrel bent.

Little loose on some pellets, others worked OK. Shot at least as well as it did before my ministrations.

Really easy to check the fit of pellets in the barrel before you do butchery to it. Simply push a couple through with a cleaning rod and see if they engrave the rifling.

Pellet diameters vary, as do rimfire barrel diameters.

I'd look at a Marlin Micro-Groove barrel if I could be choosy.

This all predicates upon that you do not wish to buy a barrel from Crosman (pretty cheap, more suitable for CO2, or Compressed air guns) or a actual airgun barrel blank from one of the suppliers that stock them, or, simply, a replacement barrel to suit your airgun.

Lots of sources, even more if you can wait a couple weeks for mail order. There are a LOT more airgun parts suppliers in the UK, than in North America.

Cheers
Trev