PDA

View Full Version : thinking of move to Prescott,AZ

Unforgiven
01-06-2014, 09:47 AM
I'm an airplane pilot and true gun nut from Michigan. My flying job I have now is nice but it really is a dead end without any chance of making more money or gaining useful experience.

I think it is time for me and my family to move and we are thinking about the Prescott area. I took some flight training there a dozen years ago and I really liked the area. It is a aviation and firearms hotspot so it fits my interests well and the climate is a heck of a lot better than Michigan.

My wife is a nurse, so she shouldn't have much of a problem finding a job. I'm pretty sure I could give flight instruction at least part time, but I'd like to get a full time job maybe at Ruger, Davidson's, Gunsite, or another gun place.

I'd just like some advice from people in the area. Does my plan sound reasonable, or do you have any tips?

marlin39a
01-06-2014, 10:55 AM
I moved here from Mass. in 2000. I love the area for sure, and am now semi-retired. I can tell you the job market is terrible here. If you do find full time work it will be at meager wages. Ruger hires through a Temp Service. Davidsons always looking for sales people, high turnover. The gunshops in the area are minimum wage jobs. Yavapai Regional Medical Center is the hospital here. Plenty of doctors due to the huge amount of retired folks here. Embry Riddle flight school is here. Do your homework first. Any questions just PM me and I'll try to get you an answer.

canthitsquat
01-06-2014, 12:07 PM
You will love it here!

Bad Water Bill
01-07-2014, 05:44 AM
Welcome to both of you.

Pull up a chair and enjoy.