Is it just me or is nobody on here reading the stickies

bhn22
01-04-2014, 11:37 PM
It's not just you...

btroj
01-04-2014, 11:51 PM
We have stickies?

01-04-2014, 11:52 PM
There'd certainly be hundreds fewer of the same questions constantly being asked if they did.

And related: Seems that a lot of them have never heard of Google.

But, I'm of the old school and ask for help only as a last resort.

JonB_in_Glencoe
01-05-2014, 12:01 AM
Back in the Day, before Microsoft Windows. Shareware usually came with instructions labeled "readme"
We didn't read those either :roll:

btroj
01-05-2014, 12:05 AM
It is easier to think with ones mouth than with ones head.........

Mike W1
01-05-2014, 12:11 AM
Some of those stickies could stand a little editing. You have to admit there's a lot of reply's in them that don't amount to much more than saying "yup" and don't add a thing to the thread at hand. I'm about to embark on a project and you can rest assured I've been through the associated stickies at least 3 times now. They're real valuable but I would have saved a lot of time if some of that had been edited OUT!

MTtimberline
01-05-2014, 12:15 AM
But, I'm of the old school and ask for help only as a last resort.

That's me and it drives my wife crazy...

375RUGER
01-05-2014, 12:43 AM
this should be a sticky:kidding:

imashooter2
01-05-2014, 02:19 AM
No one reads the stickies on any board. All they do is take up a big pile of the post space on the first page of the forum they are in. I hate them with a passion, but it seems board owners love them as do a bunch of the old codgers that rail on about people coming to a discussion board to discuss rather than read stickies.

Driver man
01-05-2014, 02:33 AM
I love the stickies. Its amazing what valuable totally unrelated stuff you learn while perusing them. I have an idea or two for a few more.

blackthorn
01-05-2014, 01:23 PM
Not all people are "instant gratification" folk. The first thing I do if I find a forum that looks interesting is to find and read the "stickies"! I figure that if somebody took the time to set a certain posting above the others, it likely has some good information in it and reading it just might prevent me from looking like a total idiot!

w5pv
01-05-2014, 03:02 PM
I read the stickies but have a problem of retaining what I read and have to go back and redo.

montana_charlie
01-05-2014, 03:29 PM
No one reads the stickies on any board. All they do is take up a big pile of the post space on the first page of the forum they are in.
I think it would be less 'objectionable' is there was a subforum at the top of each section simply named Stickies.
It would contain all of the permanent threads associated with that forum section.

Then, it wouldn't be necessary to scroll past a screen (or two) of 'un-needed' material - EVERY TIME you navigate through a forum section - just to get to the first unread post.

The stickies would still be easy to find and readily available to those who need them, and would still be associated with the proper subject matter.

CM

62chevy
01-05-2014, 04:09 PM
I reed them and some times several times over depending on subject mater. I do believe they need there own sub-forum thou.

mrbill2
01-05-2014, 09:44 PM
Do I realy need to read 620 posts on Citric Acid Brass Cleaning. If it is that complicated, I'll try somethime else.

milrifle
01-05-2014, 10:02 PM
How do you know when it's OK to ask a question? What if you looked at the stickies, but didn't see what you were looking for......BUT.......it was really there all along buried somewhere amongst the hundreds? I'd sure hate to get tarred and feathered 'cause I overlooked a sticky.

Nickle
01-05-2014, 11:58 PM
Discussion is OK. If you don't understand after you've checked them, then absolutely, bring it up.

But, I'll say I've seen lots of questions asked that could have easily been answered if they read the stickied threads.

Then there's the threads where they ask a question that's generally in just about every reloading manual, or has been asked 3 times already this month. You know the kind.

Or, when a poster wants someone else to post a link. Well, look it up instead of demanding a link. I do.

Milrifle, I don't think you need fear getting tarred and feathered over it, as I'd wager you'd post you couldn't find it anyways. That's OK, it happens, and I certainly understand.

Love Life
01-06-2014, 12:12 AM
I had sticky buns for breakfast. Yum.

Sweetpea
01-06-2014, 12:20 AM
I hope you mean cinnamon rolls...:shock: