PDA

View Full Version : mossberg 500c question

GREENCOUNTYPETE
01-04-2014, 01:31 PM
I have been keeping an eye out for a youth or compact 20 ga for my son I found a guy selling a 20 ga 500c he wants 200 even , that seems fair enough it currently has a vent rib barrel and screw in choke, but the receiver is drilled and tapped I think the C is for compact , it fits the boy well and he is still growing but it still felt good when I shouldered it so he will probably never need more than a thicker recoil pad to lengthen the stock

does the 500c take the same barrel as any other mossberg 500 20 ga?
in case he wants to use a slug barrel someday

MtGun44
01-04-2014, 03:17 PM
As far as I have seen, all model 500s take any model 500 barrel, within the same gage - EXCEPT
for any of the ones with long mag tubes. The placement of the mag tube ring on the barrel
is set by the number of rounds, and I think the ones that are set up as riot guns with long mag
tubes will be using their own barrels. Nothing different at the breech, - just where the ring
is attached to the bbl. If it is the normal length mag tube, then any barrel for that length mag
tube shout fit. Most have 5 shot mags but the Mariner and riot versions have 8 shot mags.

Bill

jmort
01-04-2014, 03:33 PM
As noted goes by mag capacity for barrels.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
01-04-2014, 04:10 PM
thanks