PDA

View Full Version : Polar Vortex

Moondawg
01-04-2014, 11:56 AM
A polar Vortex is sweeping down over the country. It's gonna get cold. Probably something to do with global warming, sort the like the Global Warming Expedition to the Antarctic ship being frozen in the ice. :(

dilly
01-04-2014, 12:04 PM
Well if it get colder it's because of local warming as well as if it gets warmer. That's modern science for you. All evidence is twisted to fit the leftist faith based movement.

square butte
01-04-2014, 01:49 PM
Guess I'm gonna have to put a bunch more miles on the SUV to try and get global warming reved back up. I thought we had it there for a while.

MtGun44
01-04-2014, 03:11 PM
You know, those pukes have been promising some global warming for a couple decades, and
I am getting sick of shoveling and running the snow blower to get to the hard road with all
that white 'global warming' blocking my 300 yd driveway!

Global warming is just like unicorns. And those fools stuck in the non-existant Antarctic ice
probably still believe that the ice is "almost all gone". . . . idiots.

Bill

w5pv
01-04-2014, 03:27 PM
Elf Al,we have had hog killing weather for the last month.I live in the sunny,cloudy,frigid and not so warm south.Elf "o" also

uscra112
01-04-2014, 05:59 PM
A polar Vortex is sweeping down over the country. It's gonna get cold. Probably something to do with global warming, sort the like the Global Warming Expedition to the Antarctic ship being frozen in the ice. :(

And now the Chinese ship that rescued them is frozen in the ice.

MtGun44
01-04-2014, 06:09 PM
Non-existent ice, too. :bigsmyl2:

Bill

JonB_in_Glencoe
01-04-2014, 06:57 PM
I did some reading on glaciers a few years ago, spurred by a discussion about AGW with a Nut that claimed all the ice is melting. She cited some bogus info about all the Glaciers in the Himalayas are receding. There are thousands of Glaciers in the Himalayas...35000 and up to 54000 depending how you count them. Most of these glaciers are stable, some are growing faster than expected, some/fewer are receding...the main cause of the receding ? Pollution/soot from India's and china's industry.

jonp
01-05-2014, 09:47 AM
I did some reading on glaciers a few years ago, spurred by a discussion about AGW with a Nut that claimed all the ice is melting. She cited some bogus info about all the Glaciers in the Himalayas are receding. There are thousands of Glaciers in the Himalayas...35000 and up to 54000 depending how you count them. Most of these glaciers are stable, some are growing faster than expected, some/fewer are receding...the main cause of the receding ? Pollution/soot from India's and china's industry.
That false claim and info made it into the UN Report On Total Global Death Due To Evil Oil

Finster101
01-05-2014, 09:57 AM
Seems someone at the weather channel has been watching "The Day After Tomorrow"

btroj
01-05-2014, 10:08 AM
I won't be leaving the house today. High with windchill of 10 below? If I wanted this I could live in Alaska.

Garyshome
01-05-2014, 11:09 AM
I think I'll go out and burn some leaves today, and maybe some cardboard I have sitting around.

bhn22
01-05-2014, 11:53 AM
It looks like chili and cinnamon rolls for lunch in Nebraska today. The food is what makes winter so appealing.

rockrat
01-05-2014, 12:15 PM
"Polar Vortex"---is that the same as "Assault Weapon" language? Usually when you think of a vortex, you think of tornado's and a low pressure area, like the vortex when you let the water out of your bathtub. The cold air in the polar regions is a high pressure area and is more akin to a dome. Weatherpeople were talking about the jet stream pushing the "vortex" down into the US. Just have to laugh at their stupidity.

As far as the global warming thing, all you have to do is look at the geologic record and look at a nice roadcut somewhere and you might see shale, sandstone and limestone all in that cut. These are deposited in different depths of the oceans. Means that the ocean levels were changing,possibly along with regional uplift or depression. This old world isn't stagnant, its constantly changing over geologic time. Having a stable time is what is unusual.
They always argue global cimate change and I argue back that its been going on for a long, long time, why the hysteria now, can you prove its man caused instead of a natural change. They usually just yell louder so I tell them, louder doesn't mean you are right. The "greenies" then argue that all scientists agree about global warming, but I cut them off and tell them, "no, they don't", I am one and I don't agree with you. Then I am accused of being in some oil companies pocket and it devolves to me accusing them of being some "greenies" wh$%re. Thats usually the end of it.

blackthorn
01-05-2014, 12:44 PM
"Polar Vortex"---is that the same as "Assault Weapon" language? Usually when you think of a vortex, you think of tornado's and a low pressure area, like the vortex when you let the water out of your bathtub. The cold air in the polar regions is a high pressure area and is more akin to a dome. Weatherpeople were talking about the jet stream pushing the "vortex" down into the US. Just have to laugh at their stupidity.

As far as the global warming thing, all you have to do is look at the geologic record and look at a nice roadcut somewhere and you might see shale, sandstone and limestone all in that cut. These are deposited in different depths of the oceans. Means that the ocean levels were changing,possibly along with regional uplift or depression. This old world isn't stagnant, its constantly changing over geologic time. Having a stable time is what is unusual.
They always argue global cimate change and I argue back that its been going on for a long, long time, why the hysteria now, can you prove its man caused instead of a natural change. They usually just yell louder so I tell them, louder doesn't mean you are right. The "greenies" then argue that all scientists agree about global warming, but I cut them off and tell them, "no, they don't", I am one and I don't agree with you. Then I am accused of being in some oil companies pocket and it devolves to me accusing them of being some "greenies" wh$%re. Thats usually the end of it.

Never try to teach a pig to sing! It will only frustrate you and aggravate the pig!

WILCO
01-05-2014, 12:49 PM
I thought this was a thread about Clive Cussler's newest book..........................

square butte
01-05-2014, 12:56 PM
Tom Clancey writing from the other side