PDA

View Full Version : Some Fukushima headlines 1,000+ days after the meltdowns.

45nut
12-31-2013, 05:44 PM
Fukushima
Press TV
Mystery Steam Over Fukushima Could Be Sign of Another Meltdown
Gizmodo - ‎2 hours ago‎

The newest update in the highly disconcerting series of devastating failures that is the Fukushima cleanup effort is troubling to say the least.
See realtime coverage »
The Independent
Yakuza Gangsters Recruit Homeless Men For Fukushima Nuclear Clean Up
Forbes - ‎18 hours ago‎

More than a year after the earthquake, after the crisis at Fukushima went from bad to worse, the Japanese government commandeered the clean-up effort from Tokyo Electric Power Company, the nuclear plant's embattled operator.
See realtime coverage »
International Business Times UK
Shallow 5.1 magnitude quake hits Japan 80km from Fukushima nuclear plant
NEWS.com.au - ‎18 hours ago‎

Located roughly 80 kilometres southwest of the Fukushima nuclear plant, the quake was strong enough to gently rock high-rise buildings in the capital.
From Japan:5.4 magnitude earthquake strikes eastern JapanThe Japan Daily Press
See realtime coverage »
Fukushima cleanup exploits homeless laborers, investigation...
The Verge - ‎Dec 30, 2013‎

Reuters is back with more details on the Fukushima labor mess, and this time the focus is on the issues facing homeless laborers being recruited for work.
Three Reasons Why Fukushima Radiation Has Nothing to Do with Starfish ...
Deep-Sea News - ‎22 hours ago‎

Some have become concerned that there is a direct influence from Fukushima. Much of this seems unlikely. Deep-Sea News (among many other sources) have presented excellent reviews of data that can help the rational person make sense from some of ...
See realtime coverage »
Yakuza uses grey hiring practices in Fukushima cleaning, gov't remains silent ...
The Voice of Russia - ‎8 hours ago‎

Homeless people in Japan are reportedly recruited for a clean-up at the Fukushima nuclear plant. The potential laborers are dispatched by recruiters to Japan's disaster zone for a bounty of 100 dollars.
Japan to develop research facilities in coastal Fukushima
The Japan News - ‎5 hours ago‎

Jiji Press FUKUSHIMA (Jiji Press)—The government will discuss ways to develop research facilities in coastal areas in Fukushima Prefecture, home to the crippled nuclear plant, Kazuyoshi Akaba, state minister of economy, trade and industry said Monday.
Fukushima Radiation – Homeless To Clean Up?
WebProNews - ‎20 hours ago‎

A man named Seiji Sasa is on a mission - recruiting homeless people from the Sendai Train Station for labor on the worst job in the world, cleaning up the nuclear waste of Fukushima. According to Sasa - the homeless people in the train station are ...
Japan recruits homeless for Fukushima clean up
Toronto Sun - ‎Dec 30, 2013‎

Part of the problem in monitoring taxpayer money in Fukushima is the sheer number of companies involved in decontamination, extending from the major contractors at the top to tiny subcontractors many layers below them.
Homeless People Hired to Clean Up Fukushima Aren't Getting Paid
Care2.com - ‎4 hours ago‎

Police and media in Japan have discovered that homeless people near Fukushima have been recruited to help clean up the three-year-old nuclear devastation for minimum wages, but haven't seen most of their money.
In Fukushima, abandoned pets are multiplying
The Japan Times - ‎Dec 30, 2013‎

It isn't only humans that are suffering in the aftermath of the 2011 nuclear disaster in Fukushima. Scores of feral animals are eking out a precarious existence in the surrounding areas, including cats and dogs that were once somebody's pets.
Japanese Homeless Tapped To Clean Up Fukushima Radiation By Yakuza
The Inquisitr - ‎5 hours ago‎

Fukushima, Japan. In news that seems better suited for dystopian science fiction, the homeless of Japan are being recruited by the Yakuza crime syndicate to help clean up the nuclear fallout in radiation-stricken Fukushima. This latest news on the ...
Fukushima radiation hits San Francisco
OpEdNews - ‎Dec 29, 2013‎

Fukushima radiation hits San Francisco. Quicklink submitted by Scott Baker Permalink Related Topic(s): Fukushima; Fukushima Cover-up; Fukushima Meltdown; Health- Radiation Sickness-Poison; Radiation, Add Tags ...
See realtime coverage »
Japan now hiring the homeless to clean up Fukushima
Death and Taxes - ‎Dec 30, 2013‎

Japan has been running way behind schedule cleaning up the Fukushima disaster, which is now nearly three years old. Tons of nuclear waste spilled into the Pacific when an earthquake stuck the coast of Japan and a tsunami topped the nuclear reactors.
Minicar driver killed in Fukushima
The Japan Times - ‎Dec 29, 2013‎

FUKUSHIMA - Amid the end-of-year traffic rush, the driver of a minicar was killed on the Tohoku expressway in Fukushima Prefecture after a truck rammed it from behind, police said Saturday. A total of five vehicles were involved in the accident, which ...
ThinkProgress
Japanese Mafia Rounds Up Homeless Men To Clean Up Radioactive Waste
ThinkProgress - ‎Dec 30, 2013‎

Clean-up of Fukushima after the 2011 tsunami that damaged a nuclear reactor and set off a debate over the safety of nuclear energy has been arduous at best, prone to delays and lacking in oversight.
Japan's homeless being recruited for Fukushima nuclear cleanup
The Japan Daily Press - ‎17 hours ago‎

Japan's homeless are being recruited to do cleanup work for what is now the world's worst nuclear disaster at Fukushima, with local gangsters skimming off the wages intended for them, this according to an in-depth report from Reuters. This is how ...
Japan's homeless used as slave labour to clean up Fukushima nuclear spill
The Voice of Russia - ‎Dec 30, 2013‎

Homeless people in Japan are being paid less than minimum wage to clean up the Fukushima nuclear disaster, and often end up in debt once their accommodation is docked from wages.
Special Report - Japan's homeless recruited for murky Fukushima clean-up
Reuters UK - ‎Dec 30, 2013‎

Almost three years ago, a massive earthquake and tsunami levelled villages across Japan's northeast coast and set off multiple meltdowns at the Fukushima nuclear plant. Today, the most ambitious radiation clean-up ever attempted is running behind ...
The Japan Daily Press
'Fukushima fish ends in garbage': Radioactive fears blight Japan's seafood ...
RT (blog) - ‎Dec 27, 2013‎

The concerns mainly arise over catches made in the waters close to the Fukushima nuclear power plant. After it was established that the hydraulic system at the Fukushima nuclear power plant was severely irradiated, fears grew that the contamination ...
From Japan:N-evacuees from Fukushima to get more compensationThe Japan News

btroj
12-31-2013, 06:12 PM
I just don't see anything here to get excited about.

Harter66
12-31-2013, 06:14 PM
L be dammed, homeless people w/jobs........maybe we need to have a massive 10,000 yr ramifacation disaster.........

MtGun44
12-31-2013, 06:20 PM
The great majority of the "contaminated area" is as radioactive as - - - - - - -
wait for it

- - - -

Denver, Colorado.

Bill

pressonregardless
12-31-2013, 07:49 PM
I think the situation in Fukushima is a lot worse than than what we are lead to believe.

Down South
12-31-2013, 08:32 PM
Sounds like Japan has planned to reduce the number of homeless people by means of using them to do a job of cleaning up the waste then keep the money to boot.

Charlie Two Tracks
12-31-2013, 08:34 PM
Most plants in the US have their used fuel stored on location. They honestly don't know what to do with it and if the government steps in to fix the problem.............................:(

472x1B/A
12-31-2013, 10:00 PM
The great majority of the "contaminated area" is as radioactive as - - - - - - -
wait for it

- - - -

Denver, Colorado.

Bill

You must of been at Enewetak too for the clean up.

Piedmont
01-01-2014, 02:05 AM
wait for it

- - - -

Denver, Colorado.

Bill

Denver is probably radioactive from all the stuff the government put under that new huge airport, so Denver doesn't count.

jmort
01-01-2014, 02:07 AM
This is a big deal and ignored by liberal/media. John Wells on Coast to Coast is doing the best job out there when he is on the radio.

JonB_in_Glencoe
01-01-2014, 11:20 AM
At a recent class reunion in my hometown in Nov '13, I had a interesting conversation with a childhood friend of mine, who was in the Navy on a nuclear sub and now works at the nuclear plant in Monticello. He and many of his co-workers have been approached to go to Fukushima, he has been told that it's not nearly as bad as been reported. I guess the 'sales pitch' wasn't very convincing, no one that He knew, took the very lucrative offer.

blackthorn
01-01-2014, 02:05 PM
Ah yes---the wonderful "SAFE" neuclear power plants----

quilbilly
01-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Having been stationed several years near Nagasaki and bicycled all over the city regularly the early 70's, it became clear that if all I heard about radiation was true, I shouldn't be seeing what I was seeing with my own eyes. My guess is that what is happening around Fukushima is anti nuclear power hysteria for a political agenda. As is the case so often these days, the ability to measure scientifically far exceeds what is relevant in the real world. The ability for extreme measurement does create the ability to stampede the masses educated at the government schools to generate grant money from the taxpayers. This is also true with lead, mercury, and many other substances the greenies use to attack prosperity and capitalism. Follow the money.

375RUGER
01-01-2014, 03:44 PM
Ah yes---the wonderful "SAFE" neuclear power plants----

From what I can see, the Japanese were not overly concerned about safety. They use Boiling Water Reactors and housed them in a steel building, not safe, just ask former residents of Chernobyl. Here in the U.S. our reactors are housed in concrete containment buildings, some of which are designed to take a direct hit from a 747 and not fail.

w5pv
01-01-2014, 03:50 PM
And "o" wants to ban wood burning stoves because of a little smoke.

DRNurse1
01-01-2014, 04:15 PM
Most plants in the US have their used fuel stored on location. They honestly don't know what to do with it and if the government steps in to fix the problem.............................:(

....everyone will have health insurance and the sun will rise in the south.....

MtGun44
01-01-2014, 07:54 PM
Fukishima Fun Facts:

How many people died? ZERO

How many people, including the "suicide team" that stayed onsite the whole time got
sick from radiation? ZERO, NONE - NOBODY!

What is the maximum exposure to radiation that any one of the "suicide team" at the
site? Equal to one year's normal allowable exposure for a radiation worker.

What is the radiation level in about 90% of the evactuated area around Fukishima?
The same as the radiation level in ---------- Denver, Colorado. Denver's background
radiation is slightly higher than other locations due to lots of granite around. Granite
rock is slightly radioactive.

These were ancient, 1st generation designs without 90% of the safety equipment on
new reactors and NOTHING very serious happened off site. Yes, you can MEASURE
radiation, but not at harmful levels over most of the area. Also, the levels that are
actually harmful need to be revised upwards a lot, the old/current limits are actually
quite incorrect and based on zero actual data, just filling in between actual data an
zero with a straight line. This area of exposure was disproved by an accident in
Taiwan.

Was this a good thing? Of course not, but most of the stuff written about it is hysterical,
nonsensical hogwash and propaganda by anti-nuclear activists.

YES - YOU HAVE BEEN LIED TO. It is far, far less of a big deal than the media says.

Bill

JeffinNZ
01-02-2014, 04:54 AM
Bill, you might like to enlighten the masses as to you job so they can be assured you are well qualified to comment.

OBIII
01-02-2014, 02:42 PM
All,
Those of you who live on the Left coast can rest easy. The Fed Govt. has made arrangements to purchase 14 million doses of Potassium Iodide. Any day now they will be knocking on your door and saying, "Hi, I'm from the Federal Government and I am here to help." :awesome:

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2014/01/warning-us-govt-orders-14-million-doses-of-potassium-iodide-video-2862450.html

OB

MtGun44
01-03-2014, 02:40 AM
Jeff,

It is kind of sensitive, what they pay me to do. But I do have a
couple of mech eng degrees and about 4 decades experience in industry,
working mostly in the aerospace and weapons fields. Never actually worked
at a reactor site, but I have other engineer friends that built them and operated them,
and I have had some connections a few times. Very familiar with the
technology and ionizing radiation. I have spent time helping to develop
new detector technology to find 'bad stuff' in moving vehicles, testing at
the top DOE lab that is in charge of these detectors.

Regardless - the media is EXTREMELY stupid about radiation and reactors.

Use this as the yardstick. What do they know about guns? When they report
on a shooting - how likely is it that they produce the truth? Two reasons they
get it wrong ; 1st they are STUPID and IGNORANT on the subject.
2nd - they HATE the object so try to smear it every chance they get.

EXACTLY THE SAME THING ON NUCLEAR POWER!

Imagine that they go to the Brady antigun folks to get 'facts' about the latest
school shooting. Same deal - they go to the antinuclear activists to get 'facts'
about a reactor accident. Intentional lies and massive misinformation.

Bill