PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on odd numbers

Lead melter
11-29-2007, 11:17 AM
Well, I know this is supposed to be for cast boolits meat makers, and I cheated using a J-word bullet, but I thought you all might enjoy a strange anomoly.

Opening morning of moder firearms season for deer Saturday 11/17 [odd number] my 10 year-old son bagged his second deer, a nice little 7 pointer [odd number]. Range was 45 [odd number] yards, time was 7:35 [odd number] AM. 30-30 Marlin, neck shot, shattered spinal column, lodged in backstrap, expansion to .69".
Deer weight as it came from the woods, 111 [odd number] pounds on my buck scale.

This is the 3rd [odd number] year I've been letting my sons shoot while I act as backup. Got a chance to go this morning, 11/29 [odd number], same stand, same gun. 7:45 [odd number] AM, nice doe trots out of thicket, is built like a doe [no back hump], trots like a doe, stops and look back nervously like a doe...must be a doe. I shoot. Range 75 [odd number] yards. Go get the old Bronco-saurus to get my doe. You guessed it...little buck with 3 [odd number] points shorter than the ears, that's why I could not see headgear. Bring "doe" home, weigh it, yeah, 111 [odd number] pounds.

Since I seem to be stuck in the odd number mode, does anyone feel like sponsoring me in a week at Vegas? It might pay off big time! Come on Momma, roll me a 7!!![smilie=w: