PDA

View Full Version : A Bible

LAH
12-30-2013, 03:19 PM
Anyone using a Life Application Bible? A friend gave me one by Tyndale Publishing House several years ago. I used it for personal study & some for sermons. The commentary is geared toward applying the scriptures to your own life. It has helped this ole boy a bunch.

Char-Gar
12-30-2013, 03:29 PM
I have not used it, but know a number of people who do and they like it quite well. I started serious Bible study with the RSV 40+ years ago and have stuck with it, not because it is better than others, but I have learned it's strength and weaknesses.

jmort
12-30-2013, 05:01 PM
Have not used it. Will check it out. Really like the Amplified translation.

jumbeaux
12-30-2013, 05:13 PM
I use 2 Life Application Study Bibles...a NRSV and a KJV...they are my favorite Bibles...I have used the NRSV for several years. I am a member of the United Methodist Church and we have utilized the NRSV as our Pew Bible for several years (utilized the RSV before). I am blessed to be involved in a weekly Bible Study at an assisted living retirement home. Class consists of mostly ladies and most are readers of the KJV. We are currently studying Proverbs and are using the KJV. I lead the class and use both versions of the Life Application Bibles to prepare for our study. I don't think you can buy a NRSV Life Application Bible any longer. My son and his family gave me the Life Application Bible KJV earlier this year...it is the deluxe leather bound edition. I would certainly recommend the Life Application Study Bibles to you sir...take care and God bless...

rick

LAH
12-30-2013, 06:01 PM
Mine is a KJV. The area I'm in & the Churches I preach in are 99.9% KJ users. I knew the Life Application Bibles were available in other translations but I've not used them.

Wayne Smith
12-31-2013, 01:42 PM
For the past 20+ years I have been using the original NIV Study Bible. Just a few months ago I got a HCSB - Holman Christian Standard Bible - Study Edition. Holman published the NASB years ago when I was in graduate school. I have been quite impressed with this new translation and a huge amount of information, some of it new to me.