PDA

View Full Version : Tired but happy

Swamprat1052
11-28-2007, 06:06 PM
I just finished up with the 4 buckets of WW's and I am tired. I usually wind up with 1/2 to 3/4 of a bucket at a time and use a turkey fryer and one of the big duthc ovens from Harbor Freight. This was quite a chore on that rig, but its done. I wound up with a little over 400 lbs of WW's and about 50 lbs of the stick on pure lead. I didnt find many clip on weights that weren'l lead. I found a good many that were rivited, I discarded them. But there were a good many of the stick on weights floating at the top when I got em melted down. Heck I've got a 5 gal bucket full of clips if anybody needs em. lol.

I've picked a heck uv a hobby for a guy with a bad back. I injured mine several years ago and am practically worthless anymore. I got lucky here though, the guys at the tire store loaded them and my wifes brother and his son were here for Thanksgiving and unloaded them. I just have to take it in small bites and not handle anything heavy. I'm slow but steady.

Gonna rest up a day or two and fire up the Lee Pot and cast some boolits, thats more my speed. With what I already had stockpiled I have all the lead I need for a long while. This guys got another store and said he didnt know if they had any WW's or not but if I run into another big batch I am gonna share with some of you guys if anybodies interested.

Swamprat

DeanoBeanCounter
11-28-2007, 06:26 PM
Keep those clips in a 55 gallon barrel. I figure that when something like that is full then its got to weigh a ton or more. One could fill it with those steel shells from the range too. Just a thought. :)
Deano