PDA

View Full Version : My daughter

Love Life
12-29-2013, 11:16 PM
Shooting the bow. You can see all the arrows that didn't quite make it, but she gets better and better every time!! She makes me so proud.

MBTcustom
12-29-2013, 11:19 PM
That is so awesome!
Look at her! She's actually got some form!
LOL! I love it!

So, you also have been plagued by a little blond charmer, eh Dick?

jmort
12-29-2013, 11:32 PM
Every man should be blessed with a daughter/daughters. That is priceless. They grow up too fast. She is concentrating. Be the arrow.

AlaskanGuy
12-29-2013, 11:33 PM
Woooo hoooo... Very awesome....

LL, I want to encourage you to get her signed up with a NASP near you.... It is something you and her can do together on a regular basis, and will help her develop over the years in archery.

I am a NASP instructor here, and the rewards are awesome. We have a small group, but size doesnt matter, the experience does....

Here is the national link...

http://naspschools.org

AG

btroj
12-29-2013, 11:44 PM
Looks good LL. She will grow up to make you proud.

Do you guys have grass in Nevada?

Love Life
12-29-2013, 11:50 PM
Tim- Yeah, I got one them little blondes running around. She'll have a brother com late April.

Jmortimer- Having a daughter is wonderful, but she can be such a girl sometimes!

AlaskanGuy- Thank you for that information. It looks very fun.

Btroj-No grass, and it is fantastic!!

btroj
12-29-2013, 11:53 PM
Yeah, mine is 20 and very much a girl at times. She is working on getting a summer internship in engineering. She would be very at home in steel toed boots and a hard hat, not many college aged girls are like that.

As for grass, try it. It is really clean!

Love Life
12-29-2013, 11:56 PM
My daughter is funny. She does so much outdoors stuff, and inside she is dressed up like a princess and playing with her baby dolls. We started the morning with her and me coating cotton balls in Vaseline. Today was also the day were she got a cotton ball to light with a fire steel all by herself.

I do not miss cutting grass at all. I don't even own a lawn mower, and the weed eater has been run since August 2010. Just really nice.

btroj
12-29-2013, 11:58 PM
We own a mower, my wife uses it.....

We have a wooded lot, might be 10 minutes work to mow what grass we have. If I could teach deer to graze.......

Too bad you don't hunt cervids, nothing better than teaching them to dress a deer. A deer they shot.

Love Life
12-30-2013, 12:02 AM
I may get back into hunting for her, but I'll cross that road when I get there. I still hunt rabbits for the skillet. I skin the song dogs in the field so those don't even make it to the house.

Riverpigusmc
12-30-2013, 12:05 AM
Lol...looks like my 7 year old son at Cub Scouts...not all his arrows got there, either. He's younger than my grandbabies...I've worn out three wives :D

MrWolf
12-30-2013, 12:08 AM
Nice picture LL, enjoy her while you can. Best advise I can give is don't blink - mine is almost 22 and those days were only yesterday.

WILCO
12-30-2013, 01:13 AM
Nice picture LL, enjoy her while you can. Best advise I can give is don't blink - mine is almost 22 and those days were only yesterday.

Well said.

gon2shoot
12-30-2013, 07:54 AM
Good grief, grab that kid and plop her down in front of the TV, don't you know anything about parenting?

Congrats, enjoy while you can.

No_1
12-30-2013, 08:07 AM
Fine times to cherish. Take plenty of pictures and do not miss a chance to spend time with her as she is growing fast.

btroj
12-30-2013, 08:08 AM
Growing fast is the truth, soon she will be driving and dating, trust me.

country gent
12-30-2013, 09:49 AM
Spend all the time you can with her, teach her everything ( not just the girly things). Be with her help her when she wants it but be there for her. Shes going to grow up into a fine adult. Encourage her in all she does. I went thru a rough time with my oldest daughter for awhile ( drugs running around), This fall she wanted help, I helped her get it, Shes cleaned up now Looking much better physically and holding a job with a local landscape company. Christmas day she was at dinner and thanked me for teaching her to operate the bobcat. The company found out she could run it and shes been plowing snow and running one since. Your daughter is special teach her all you can support her but most of all always be there for her let her know thru actions your always there for her.

Moonie
12-30-2013, 11:43 AM
It is true, everyman needs a daughter. It teaches you so much. Every man also needs a son, so your parents can laugh at you. I was blessed with 5 daughters and 3 sons, daughters scare the poo out of you and sons frustrate you as you did your father. I wouldn't change it for anything.

Good looking girl you got there, teach her what she is willing, love her as she deserves and always be a shoulder for her. No matter how strong she gets, she will always need you to be there for her.

Be the best man you can be in front of them, daughters will be drawn to men like their fathers and sons will emulate you.

mikeym1a
12-30-2013, 01:05 PM
That's a really cute picture. Somewhere I have a picture of my daughter sitting on the shooting bench, holding my Argentine Mauser, which was larger then she was. I started her shooting when she was about 3, with the tiniest BB gun you'd ever see. Then moved her up to air guns and air rifles, and then finally up to real firearms. I also taught her about cars. She helped me rebuild 3 engines before she ever got her drivers license. I taught her everything I taught my sons. She's a beautiful, independent, and competent individual. I'm sure you'll do the same for your daughter.

gray wolf
12-30-2013, 01:10 PM
That is priceless. That is priceless. priceless. priceless.
What a fantastic picture, you must be so happy, and I am happy for you----> and her.

bear67
12-30-2013, 01:53 PM
9200292002Love Life--you are doing it right--keep it up. My girls were raised this way including 4-H trap and skeet and now doing it with grand daughters and grandsons.
Here is a picture of the 6 year old Christmas eve. She shot 22s but had to hold the big black one for a picture. Doesn't everyone wear a tutu to the range.

jcwit
12-30-2013, 02:21 PM
Cool, Really Cool!