PDA

View Full Version : A reminder: If you own a gun...

double8
12-29-2013, 11:11 PM
If you own a gun, you will appreciate this. If not, you should get one and learn how to use it:

A: Guns have only two enemies - rust and politicians.
B: It's always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
C: Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you.
D: Never let someone or something that threatens you get within your arm’s length.
E: Never say "I've got a gun." If you need to use deadly force, the first sound they hear should be the safety clicking off.
F: The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.
G: The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win – cheat if necessary.
H: Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets . . . You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it'll be empty.
I: If you're in a gun fight:
1. If you're not shooting, you should be loading.
2. If you're not loading, you should be movin,
3. If you're not movin', you're dead.
J: In a life and death situation, do something . . . It may be wrong, but do something!
K: If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?
L: You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or any other word, but a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much a universal language.
M: Forget the save the planet nonsense, it doesn't need saving, but you may be able to save yourself and your family.

May you all have a Healthy and Happy New Year 2014!!!!!!!!!!

RED333
12-30-2013, 10:00 PM
D: Never let someone or something that threatens you get within your arm’s length.
All good but this one, 21 foot rule, the average person can cover 21 feet in less than 3 seconds.

leftiye
12-31-2013, 11:18 AM
How many times can you fire in three seconds?? Plenty of time, especially when they go down (or slow down) after two in the center. Assuming you're using a real gun, not a parlor toy, that is. 30 shot .22 anyone?

double8
12-31-2013, 11:33 AM
All good but this one, 21 foot rule, the average person can cover 21 feet in less than 3 seconds.

See "F".........you make the decision, is it a "D" or "F" situation. If "F", "D" is not in the equation.
Simple math....

bhn22
12-31-2013, 02:10 PM
Interestingly, I was re-reading Elmer Keiths "Sixguns", and in his closing chapter he complains about politicians trying to confiscate our gun rights too. This isn't anything new by any means.

Doc_Stihl
12-31-2013, 02:20 PM
I've always been fond of: "If you find yourself in a fair fight, you are doing it wrong".

There's no cheating in a fight. There's only winning and losing. Always WIN.

willie_pete
12-31-2013, 02:35 PM
Regards #D; the Tueller Drill says a dedicated bad guy with a knife can cover 21feet in 1.5 seconds. A dedicated good guy can draw from concealment and fire the first shot in 1.5 seconds. If you are the good guy you are going to be cut numerous times even though you get a shot off if the bad guy is within 21 feet of you. The current fad, the Knockout Game is a good example.

WP

Crawdaddy
12-31-2013, 05:06 PM
Regards #D; the Tueller Drill says a dedicated bad guy with a knife can cover 21feet in 1.5 seconds. A dedicated good guy can draw from concealment and fire the first shot in 1.5 seconds. If you are the good guy you are going to be cut numerous times even though you get a shot off if the bad guy is within 21 feet of you. The current fad, the Knockout Game is a good example.WP

I ran the Tueller drill myself, when I was weighing in at 310 pounds. I succesfully stabbed my instructor (with an imaginary knife) in 1.5 seconds.

Definitley a reality.

Everyone should try it sometime as well as time themselves on how long it takes to get the first shot off. A virtual tie

WP[/QUOTE]

double8
12-31-2013, 06:40 PM
Regards #D; the Tueller Drill says a dedicated bad guy with a knife can cover 21feet in 1.5 seconds. A dedicated good guy can draw from concealment and fire the first shot in 1.5 seconds. If you are the good guy you are going to be cut numerous times even though you get a shot off if the bad guy is within 21 feet of you. The current fad, the Knockout Game is a good example.

WP

The knockout "game" is played by a bunch of low life %&*$#@ cowards who sneak up from behind and cold cock the unsuspecting. Black teen did just that to a woman. Big Man huh??
I wonder if he was shot in the back while running away who would "they" blame????

gray wolf
12-31-2013, 07:57 PM
if your not at the table ---your on the menu.

onceabull
01-01-2014, 01:40 AM
So the point is since the bad guy with a knife at 21 ft or less can stab you--and so you should not have a gun, trade your gun for knife, count beads, or call the Pope.?????????? Onceabull

willie_pete
01-01-2014, 09:15 AM
No, the point of the Tueller Drill and the Knockout Game is to know what the heck is going on around you. Don't have your head stuck to a cell phone when you are out and about. Keep your head on a swivel and pay attention to your surroundings.

WP

RED333
01-01-2014, 09:33 AM
No, the point of the Tueller Drill and the Knockout Game is to know what the heck is going on around you. Don't have your head stuck to a cell phone when you are out and about. Keep your head on a swivel and pay attention to your surroundings.

WP

Was hard to teach this to my wife, she is very good at it now.

farmerjim
01-01-2014, 09:34 AM
When I read D before I read all the comments after I said no no no. My self defense instructor said 20 feet. ( Get a tape measure out if you don't agree) You should have the gun out and aimed at them when they are 20 feet away. When they come inside 20 feet you should be shooting. The rule is watch and know what is going on around you at all times. Only then will you be ready for the 20 (21 for some) foot rule.

Garyshome
01-01-2014, 09:36 AM
The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second!!!!!

LuckySavage
01-01-2014, 09:57 AM
If you own a gun, you will appreciate this. If not, you should get one and learn how to use it:

A: Guns have only two enemies - rust and politicians.
B: It's always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
C: Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you.
E: Never say "I've got a gun." If you need to use deadly force, the first sound they hear should be the safety clicking off.
F: The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.
G: The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win – cheat if necessary.
H: Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets . . . You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it'll be empty.
I: If you're in a gun fight:
1. If you're not shooting, you should be loading.
2. If you're not loading, you should be movin,
3. If you're not movin', you're dead.
J: In a life and death situation, do something . . . It may be wrong, but do something!
K: If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?
L: You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or any other word, but a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much a universal language.
M: Forget the save the planet nonsense, it doesn't need saving, but you may be able to save yourself and your family.

May you all have a Healthy and Happy New Year 2014!!!!!!!!!!

Forgot one of my favorites- "the only time you should be using a handgun is to fight your way back to the long gun you should have been using in the first place".

shdwlkr
01-01-2014, 01:23 PM
Onceabull
Now you know in this political polite world we life we live all you need is a double barrel shotgun and fire it twice in the air and the baddies will leave. Our VP says it works so it must be gospel, I mean he works for the "Messiah" after all.

Seriously if it was that close and you have a real firearm, forget firing it use it as a club, then fire, sorry I see it I am going to win type of event. Anything that keeps me alive is ok with me. Life is much more enjoyable if you are alive after being attacked, isn't it?

So the point is since the bad guy with a knife at 21 ft or less can stab you--and so you should not have a gun, trade your gun for knife, count beads, or call the Pope.?????????? Onceabull

RoyEllis
01-01-2014, 03:51 PM
Ya'll forgot Alley rule #1...to win the fight 100% of the time, kill everybody who isn't YOU!

DRNurse1
01-01-2014, 04:10 PM
Roy Ellis is not married to anyone in my family: I do not want to kill mama bear (my better half) and the best way to survive a fight is not to pi$$ her off. :Fire:

BTW, same goes double for MiL....:Fire:

:drinks:

shdwlkr
01-01-2014, 05:40 PM
Let's see if you kill everyone that isn't you, what about those that might come to your aide do you kill them also? Seems rather stupid to me to kill everyone that isn't you without thinking who some of those others just might be.
Family, friends, those who come to your aide come to mind.

RoyEllis
01-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Let's see if you kill everyone that isn't you, what about those that might come to your aide do you kill them also? Seems rather stupid to me to kill everyone that isn't you without thinking who some of those others just might be.
Family, friends, those who come to your aide come to mind.

Yes sir, on the face of it my statement is stupid and I didn't convey the whole meaning. If you're cornered & alone (a common situation when a "victim" is dealing with a "multiple criminal threat") is what I referred to. And in said situation, it's most often over before any help, aide or other assistance can arrive, criminals & esp. gangs don't like even odds. Of course it wouldn't apply in cases of you & a spouse or child being attacked. Sorry to have been totally unclear in my previous communication and leading some to suppose me a psychotic.:drinks:

shdwlkr
01-01-2014, 06:02 PM
Never thought you were psychotic just didn't seem logical
Also you never know when help might just be a muzzle flash away, just saying even gangs get short sighted sometimes.
America is a changing place and help just come from anywhere just like harm these days.

km101
01-02-2014, 06:26 PM
N. Nothing ruins a bad guy's aim like a bullet in the area of the belt buckle!