PDA

View Full Version : back in NC

skykingjohn
12-29-2013, 10:48 AM
went to NNY for Christmas and got Iced in no power .But Had a great time . Now it is time to cast and reload in the warm temps . and of all things left my laptop in nc so no castboolits:-D fix for 7 days

myg30
12-29-2013, 12:28 PM
John, Where in NNY ? Its a really big state. First trip there ? I have family in up state NY. [ sorry for them] They try to keep as far away from the BS going on in the city, NYC that is. Their county even has CCW permits which are good for some of the surrounding countys but laws vary.
So I guess you found out that NY is not all skyscrapers and C ment ? lol Glad you returned safely.

Mike

skykingjohn
12-29-2013, 01:24 PM
I grew up in redwood ny and worked on the st Lawrence river until i moved to NC . but now with the stupid gun laws and other stuff ny has allowed i probable wound never move back . I still remove all guns from my car and go visit my parents though

w5pv
12-29-2013, 01:32 PM
It's a shame you have to go through removing your guns to visit your parents.I think the laws should be where you can drive through or carry in your vehicle any weapon that is legal for you to have in your home state.

skykingjohn
12-29-2013, 01:46 PM
check this out Warning it can make you sick http://www.governor.ny.gov/nysafeact/gun-reform

Iowa Fox
12-29-2013, 03:33 PM
John, Where in NNY ? Its a really big state. First trip there ? I have family in up state NY. [ sorry for them] They try to keep as far away from the BS going on in the city, NYC that is. Their county even has CCW permits which are good for some of the surrounding countys but laws vary.
So I guess you found out that NY is not all skyscrapers and C ment ? lol Glad you returned safely.

Mike

Got my education on folks from NY in the 60s when I joined the Army. The guys from NY City and that tangle of towns never drove a vehicle, did not have drivers licenses, they were city boys. I was amazed to find out the guys from upstate NY were just like us, farm boys, good guys, and good shooters.

contender1
12-30-2013, 10:49 AM
As a NC native, I can't imagine going there during deer season. Or, at least any of the cities. I've visited the upstate & such to know enough to where not all of NY state is as stupid as NYC. But, the money & power are with NYC.
So, while I doubt I'll ever visit there again, I can say that with all the recent gun law changes,, I do not plan on it. (And as I leave my house today, I'll slip on my CCW handgun, possibly stop by my private gun range to test fire some slugs I cast, all before I travel to town later.) While NC has it's own share of quirky laws, some of which are stupid gun laws, we are not nearly as bad as NY.
Welcome home!

Smoke4320
12-30-2013, 11:06 AM
NC still land of the Free (as far as MOST gun laws) I can now hunt with a AR15 in any caliber and a suppressor .. my favorite is a 6.5 Grendel and 458 Socom..
used to vend for large paintball tournaments in NY state .. had to pucker up going thru Delaware and in NY .. always had a gun on me .. had to when carrying up to 10 grand in cash... Glad I don't do that/or go there anymore..