PDA

View Full Version : As I sit here tonight

country gent
12-27-2013, 11:05 PM
As I sit here tonight remebering christmas past I realize several things. My kids are grown only one grandson who loves to show off for grandpa ( hes 2 last november). My wife when she was here. My children all grown and on thier own. I realize tonight how blessed I am with family and friends. I also realize how nice it is to be able to sleep in on christmas day now. Hoping everyone had a great christmas and all is going well.

dbosman
12-27-2013, 11:48 PM
You've a great outlook on life. Thanks for sharing.

Garyshome
12-27-2013, 11:53 PM
Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

btroj
12-27-2013, 11:56 PM
I love it when a guy realizes how good he has it.

I hope you enjoyed sleeping in as much as I did. Sadly, I did get to on the 26th, worked called....

Down South
12-28-2013, 12:32 AM
About the same here. Kids are grown. Grandkids, the youngest is 16. Now, the great grandkids will be old enough to have some fun with on Christmas mornings soon enough.
I slept in too, got up and visited a few relatives and friends and ate too much. But the wife and I both discussed how Blessed we were.

Bzcraig
12-28-2013, 12:57 AM
Blessed as well. Still healthy, still shootin, still loved, sleepin in on Christmas too. Daughter and granddaughter come over later. This year was a good one indeed!

smoked turkey
12-28-2013, 01:35 AM
Yes it sounds like we all are very blessed. We got to spend the Christmas time with our two sons, daughter-in-law, and two grandkids, ages 9 and 15. Wonderful times that I cherish more and more the older the wife and I get. Thanks for posting country gent. Your attitude is contagious and its a good thing.

NWPilgrim
12-28-2013, 03:01 AM
Sounds like we're a bunch of older guys. :)

We are fortunate to have both daughters and families living local this year and spending Christmas together at Mass on the Eve and grandkids coming over late morning fir more presents and food. The only sad part is I lost my mom this spring and our USAF son in law is deployed in Afghanistan. Wish all the troops over there blessings and a safe return to loved ones.

CastingFool
12-28-2013, 08:23 AM
wife and I had a jammie day yesterday. It was a very welcome respite from all the holiday preparations, etc. We're both very thankful that we were able to spend Christmas eve and Christmas day with our kids and their families.

bear67
12-28-2013, 01:00 PM
We are truly blessed. All the kids, spouses, and grandchildren as well as my 92 year young mother were at the house all day Christmas. The evening before was spent at mother's with my brother and his extended family with all of ours. A wife of 45 great years and a healthy family, including one new one is truly a blessing and we gave thanks.

Spent some time helping a neighbor/friend dry out his house after a flood from backed up plumbing--I fixed the plumbing and he dried the carpets. Took the grand kids shooting more than once as our weather has been warm for the season and sunny.

When we take ample time to thank the Good Lord for all our blesssings, we don't have time to complain and gritch.