PDA

View Full Version : Excellent LEO tonight

SeabeeMan
12-26-2013, 11:39 PM
I got pulled over by a Portage County, WI sheriff's deputy for going a few mph over and my plates were expired...which I honestly didn't know about. Anywho, standard "license, registration, proof of insurance" routine and he asked me if there were any firearms in the vehicle which, for once, there weren't. He ran my stuff, gave me a warning, and proceeded to give me a joking ration of cr@p about not carrying. He explained that he thought it was the greatest thing that WI passed it and loves seeing people have the license and even more so when they carry. It was nice to see that side of things instead of the typical videos and stories that make the rounds of things going the other way.

TXGunNut
12-27-2013, 12:51 AM
Can't speak for all the LEO's but I only encountered CHL's during minor violations and never issued more than a written or verbal warning. Never got in the habit of asking where the weapon was, just glad to encounter responsible citizens.

Bret4207
12-27-2013, 09:29 AM
I rarely had any issue with anyone carrying a gun. Most folks with guns seem to be the solid citizen type. The druggies carried knives.