PDA

View Full Version : anyone have a 25 copperhead or a 25 TCU?

part_timer
12-26-2013, 08:48 AM
I have an almost uncontrollable itch for a 25TCU and was wondering if anyone out there has one of them or the 25 copperhead? How do you like it? How is it with cast? What type of firearm is yours chambered in? I'm either going to get a contender barrel made or have a browning micro varminter re-barreled. Long winters get me to thinking to much some times. [smilie=1:

Happy Holidays
Tom

brasshog
12-26-2013, 08:56 PM
I have a 7TCU and also have an itch for the 25TCU.

mart
12-27-2013, 04:38 AM
I don't have a 25 Copperhead but just picked up three left handed mini Mauser actions in the white. One is going to be a 6mmx222. I vacillated between it and the 25 Copperhead for some time. It came down to a better selection of bullets in the 6mm. I just found a Lyman 245496 84 grain RN mold and ordered it. It would be interesting to compare the two. I'm sending my action off to Pacnor next week for barreling. I will be anxious to try some cast bullets in it. The rifle is going to be primarily a fur calling rifle but snowshoes abound in many of the areas I call and a pocket full of low velocity cast bullet loads will make for some additional fun with the calling. Keep us posted on your rifle whichever one you choose.

Mart

Three44s
12-27-2013, 10:33 AM
OK, I'll confess .............. I have a 7mm TCU in rifle and pistol form ....... and I still lust for a .25 by .222 or .223 something.

I just got my '94 Win in .25-35 Win back from sick bay ........... I'm hopin' that it will cure me for a while!!

It all started so innocently ......... a neighbor introduced me to a .25-20 ........ and I loaded some for it ............ [smilie=1:

Three 44s

part_timer
12-27-2013, 11:44 AM
Good to see there are a few others on here that have the itch. I've become a bit of a quarter bore fan over the last couple of years. Purchased a 12" 250 savage encore barrel from a member here a few years ago and man is it fun with the NOE 120's. I also have 2 marlins in 256 win mag. One is a 62 and the other is a 1894 that was sleeved from 357. Both are lots of fun and easy on the powder and lead. This winter's project is getting a Mauser running that is chambered in 257 Roberts, not much luck with it yet but I have hope.

That 25-35 sounds like a lot of fun, especially in a 94. Which boolit are you running in it? Have you had a chance to hunt with it yet?

The 6mm sounds like a good one for fur hunting, how big of game do you think it would be good on? Up to wolf?