PDA

View Full Version : Lyman Lube Heater 2745885

Fritz D
12-25-2013, 03:24 PM
Santa brought me a Lyman Lube Heater :grin: which I plan to use with my old 45 Lube-Sizer. This is the heater designed for use with the Lyman 450, RCBS, SAECO and STAR sizers. The Lyman website FAQs say that "the heater can be drilled to fit, the heater goes straight in from the cable." Unfortunately the instructions that came with the heater say "Do not drill, cut or modify the heater plate in any way." Has anyone drilled one of these heaters to fit a 45 Lube-Sizer?

boltaction308
12-26-2013, 11:12 AM
It would probably be worth it for someone to cut open one of the heaters to answer this question once and for all. If anyone has a burned out one that would be great. If not, several of us could pitch in to buy one and cut it open on a milling machine. Then take pictures and DOCUMENT where you CAN and CANT drill holes.

Sweetpea
12-26-2013, 11:15 AM
It is my understanding, and I have never held one, but I believe the heating element is the same "tube type" that slides into the 4500...

So it goes straight in, as long as you stay away from that area, you're fine.

Fritz D
12-26-2013, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the replies. I've also sent an email to Lyman . . . as soon as they answer I will post their reply.

pworley1
12-28-2013, 11:09 PM
I have one on one of my lyman 45's. I drilled it with no problems. By the way I drilled the holes under size then tapped them so the heater is the mount for the press.