PDA

View Full Version : craigslist now sucks

labradigger1
12-23-2013, 08:36 PM
When did craigslist add reloading to the prohibited list?
In the past i have bought and sold reloading ( brass, powder,primers,dies and such) many times. Now it gets flagged. Stupid obama mindset loving morons!

carbine86
12-23-2013, 08:40 PM
If enough people flag something it gets taken down. Im going to have to read the prohibited list again. I am still seeing stuff in some areas but I have noticed I use adhuntr.com which searches all of craigslist rather than one specific area and in doing so I noticed that in certain geographical areas reloading items get flagged but in others they never get flagged. Maybe you are in one of "those" areas.

Epd230
12-23-2013, 09:05 PM
I've had a for rent posting flagged and taken down. I figured that it was done by someone with a competitive unit for rent trying to eliminate the competition. I just relisted it and it ran with no additional problems.

Just try relisting the item and see if that flies.

vintagesportsman
12-23-2013, 09:08 PM
Just re-list it...I have had stuff flagged too but there is still plenty of re-loading equipment sold on craigslist.

Kraschenbirn
12-23-2013, 09:15 PM
Around here, it depends a lot upon the time year. Mine is a 'major college' community and, if classes are in session, you stand a better chance of getting flagged by the Bambi crowd or the tree-huggers. Between semesters and during the summer, I've never heard of anyone having problems listing reloading gear/supplies.

Bill

labradigger1
12-23-2013, 10:14 PM
Prohibited items include guns, gun parts, ammunition, and reloading
Lab

bangerjim
12-23-2013, 10:22 PM
Scru-em

banger

lancem
12-23-2013, 10:28 PM
never seems to be a problem here in Texas.. Hmm wonder why that is???

dbosman
12-23-2013, 11:18 PM
Here are the two pertinent lines from the Prohibited Items list. Italics are mine.

weapons; firearms/guns and components; BB/pellet, stun, and spear guns; etc
ammunition, clips, cartridges, reloading materials, gunpowder, fireworks, explosives

If you have watched the terms over time, they have expanded. A couple of weeks ago, the category listed weapons related items, but not specifically reloading materials.
Some so and so in the Lansing area has been selectively flagging reloading items.
My personal gripe, and I wonder if there is a lawyer who'd take them on? Is that Craig's List killed off traditional classified advertising. Now that they effectively have a monopoly in many areas, they're censoring the only remaining local listing service.

dbosman
12-23-2013, 11:28 PM
Oh, another Craig's list phenom, or maybe just me getting older, is replies from people using smart phones.
The reply reads "txt r call xxx-555-xxxx".

I don't want to. Half the time an email reply only generates phishing spam.
I list - in the ad - that "I can't txt you as I don't have a cell phone". They can't even see a whole ad without scrolling several times.

Bullshop Junior
12-23-2013, 11:31 PM
Everything gets flagged here that's gun related on craigslist. We have other sites so I rarely look on craigslist.

clownbear69
12-23-2013, 11:31 PM
means you need to sell on here more lol. but I do know that facebook has a lot of group that are like swap groups. something to look at. even my town has one that's saying something

Bullshop Junior
12-24-2013, 12:29 AM
means you need to sell on here more lol. but I do know that facebook has a lot of group that are like swap groups. something to look at. even my town has one that's saying something

Yea, we even have one for Delta, and then another one for the whole state.

uscra112
12-24-2013, 01:52 AM
I read the headline and laughed. Check the personals and you'll see why.

retread
12-24-2013, 01:57 AM
I'm in Oregon on the LEFT coast and reloading stuff is listed all the time.

marlin39a
12-24-2013, 07:18 AM
Just go to Backpage.com. List under sporting. No problems here yet.

iomskp
12-24-2013, 07:38 AM
Hello what is graigslist is it some type of internet selling site like ebay.

marlin39a
12-24-2013, 08:42 AM
Hello what is graigslist is it some type of internet selling site like ebay.
www.craigslist.com

TheGrimReaper
12-24-2013, 10:02 AM
Liberals are getting there little sheep hoofs in everything nowdays.

otter5555
12-24-2013, 10:07 AM
i sell firearms on craigslist regularly. title reads " toy ar-15 with 30 round mag"

i type my ads up in ms paint and save as an image. then include several photos of the actual firearm. almost no flagging problems. if an ad does get flagged, i immediately repost. works like a champ for me for years.

DeanWinchester
12-24-2013, 10:12 AM
I've sold a few guns on Craigslist. Typically when I sell a rifle, I've usually got dies and brass that go with. SO, I list the dies for sale and put in the ad, "I also have the UNloading tool available."
Most have sold within a day or two.

Silvercreek Farmer
12-24-2013, 10:25 AM
Try using Armslist.com, its free and has plenty of traffic to get something sold. Fun to shop too!

Freightman
12-24-2013, 02:18 PM
Must be local as lots gun parts and air guns for sale here and some adds that read like guns

Crawdaddy
12-24-2013, 08:47 PM
Try jasonsguns.com or Armslist.com

woodsxdragon
12-25-2013, 12:15 AM
must be something local to yours. I've gotten a few good deals on CL for reloading stuff. Lately though its just stuff people "found" in their garage or a parents garage that they expect full price for. I drove half hour to look at a "rock chucker" a guy had in his garage. it ended up being a partner or js/jr model or something and covered in rust on the handle. I offered him about a 1/3 of what he wanted for it. he was like cant go that low. anyways he ended up calling me like 4 min later. I said i'd turn around for $20. Said he'd take it so i ended up paying $20 for it. Cleaned it up and relubed it. Anyways moral of this story is that you usually dont get what you expected from CL butif you can haggle sometimes you "win"

357maximum
12-25-2013, 05:18 PM
Why would anyone go out of their way to do business with a business that does not want their business? **** em and go elsewhere to do your business.....therein thereforth it is no longer their business only yours. I am a simple man but this seems like a pretty simple issue to me.

labradigger1
12-25-2013, 05:53 PM
Why would anyone go out of their way to do business with a business that does not want their business? **** em and go elsewhere to do your business.....therein thereforth it is no longer their business only yours. I am a simple man but this seems like a pretty simple issue to me.
^^^^^ i am in a VERY rural area, there are not many options other than craigslist or ebay to buy, swap or sell reloading goods. Its hard to get people to come out to this remote area. I work all over the state so usually i can meet someone somewhere. Oh well, i was just ranting when i posted the thread. Rant off
Lab

357maximum
12-25-2013, 07:56 PM
^^^^^ i am in a VERY rural area, there are not many options other than craigslist or ebay to buy, swap or sell reloading goods. Its hard to get people to come out to this remote area. I work all over the state so usually i can meet someone somewhere. Oh well, i was just ranting when i posted the thread. Rant off
Lab

Errr umm there is a large pack of wild dogs and rabid jackals right here waiting and willing to buy your goods...always. If you must continue to deal with a company you do not like...you have no grounds on which to b****. PERIOD

NSP64
12-25-2013, 08:11 PM
Only thing I hear about CL these days is "Another person robbed responding to CL add" LOL

Pinsnscrews
12-25-2013, 08:12 PM
Part of what is happening also has to do with the insurance carrier for the particular area. Craigslist does not have a single carrier, but has a carrier for each area. Sometimes it is the entire state, some times it is just a city.

IF a carrier has received a Claim, or multiple Claims holding Craigslist responsible for the sale and resultant injury, the insurance carrier may require Craigslist to put a ban on said item. Claims of Johnny bought his gun on Craigslist, then robbed a store, so I am holding Craigslist responsible. Yes, it really does happen that way. Then you also have the people who abuse Craigslist and use it as an attempt to get around the licensing required for certain trades. Someone who has an ammo factory in his garage for instance, may be selling reloads in major bulk and not paying taxes, or worse, sells a reload to someone, who then blows up their gun because (exaggerated case) they ordered .45lc and ended up with .454 Casull for their Judge. They hold Craigslist responsible because it was Craigslist who didn't "make sure the ad was correct".

Though the example was exaggerated, you get the idea. And yes, I really have seen claims even more far reaching then that come across my desk. Sometimes, I really hate working in a claims department for a commercial carrier.

Uncle R.
12-25-2013, 08:38 PM
Local Craigslist will occasionally have listings for "hunting equipment" and when you call or text you'll get more information. Those postings don't last long either - but sometimes long enough. You may see a listing that will contain "code" that a lefty tree hugger is unlikely to understand. Think of something like "Hunting Equipment - Boots size 12, orange coat, woods master, deer call." An ad like that might last a little longer. Creativity!
:grin:

Thin Man
12-25-2013, 10:33 PM
CL still has listings for reolading components, tools, etc in Atlanta GA, Nashville TN and Knoxville TN. Could be the market is more tolerant in some locations, also fewer whiners in the woodwork.
Thin Man

Elkins45
12-26-2013, 09:30 AM
I posted some ads looking for lead about 4 years ago and scored four hundred pounds of ingots for $100 and a giant box of egg sinkers for less than $1 a pound.

I tried the same a couple of years ago and my ads in both the Louisville and Lexington sections were flagged within minutes. Too many busybodies patrolling looking for things to be offended by.

myg30
12-26-2013, 10:59 AM
As thinman posted, Craigslist in Nashville still has lists of reloading equip, lead, lead ww's, scrap lead etc.. I noticed "Bang Bang's" fer sale too. I guess the stupid libs cant compute what a Bang bang is so those adds stay un scathed !

Good luck, keep the faith.

Mike

Crawdaddy
12-26-2013, 04:42 PM
As thinman posted, Craigslist in Nashville still has lists of reloading equip, lead, lead ww's, scrap lead etc.. I noticed "Bang Bang's" fer sale too. I guess the stupid libs cant compute what a Bang bang is so those adds stay un scathed !

Good luck, keep the faith.

Mike

In my area I see "Big Boy Toys" posted from time to time. They usually dont get flagged. I once saw Burris scoped advertised for $1000 and at the bottm of the add it said something like- The tool that attaches below it is thrown in free. It stayed there.