PDA

View Full Version : Lyman Checks

Ricochet
11-26-2007, 12:24 AM
I recently bought a Lee C285-130-R mould, along with a sizing kit and checks. I just realized tonight that I'd bought Lyman checks by mistake, rather than my usual Hornadies. (Or the GB checks.) Well, I opened the box, and these aren't the old Lyman checks I remember from the early '70s with thin, straight sides, made out of cartridge brass. They're made of gilding metal and have a distinct ridge at the mouth to crimp into the boolit on sizing, much as the Hornadies and the Gators do. I think I'm going to be OK with them.

mtgrs737
11-26-2007, 12:35 AM
I think that I read somewhere that the Lyman checks are now made by Hornady, they sure do look like them.

dubber123
11-26-2007, 01:25 AM
I think that I read somewhere that the Lyman checks are now made by Hornady, they sure do look like them.

I'm pretty sure you are corrrect, I think it has been this way for a while now. I notice that Lymans are usually a couple dollars more a box.

pumpguy
11-26-2007, 10:33 AM
I think Hornady is making them, too. If you look closely at the picture of the checks on the Midway website, they are the same.

Shiloh
11-26-2007, 11:28 AM
I'm pretty sure you are corrrect, I think it has been this way for a while now. I notice that Lymans are usually a couple dollars more a box.

This is correct. Thats why the Lyman checks are a few dollars more.

Shiloh