PDA

View Full Version : Why not get together?

shaper
12-20-2013, 10:25 PM
I was reading the post about who each member would like to meet in person. I am a relative new member on here and allready there are members I would like to meet. So I propose we do just that. I am a member of two other forums and have sponcered get togethers for both. With the MetalShaper group we have one yearly get togethrer in Illinois that runs for a week. But if a member wants to hold a regional event he just makes a post telling everyone when and where the event will be and how long it will be. This normaly runs for 1-2 to 3 days. The sponsor supplies the place and makes arangments for activities. Any member that wants to attend sends a PM to the sponsor, he may have space limits. Members can also bring a project to the event. There are things to consider, food, toilet, parking, weather, space for each member, projects, for us that would be loading benches. Maybe set up some different types and models of loading equipment, or a smelting and casting demonstrations. Swaping and selling would be on the list. With the powder coating forum we had a computer and web cam hook up to the forum so everyone that could not make it, could see and hear everything that is going on. I would be happy to sponsor the South East regional meet but it will have to wait untill the weather warms up. My shop is a old chicken house and has no heat.
I would like to hear what you think.
Shaper

Dean D.
12-20-2013, 11:00 PM
All great thoughts Shaper. I just want to add that we have an often overlooked section here to orchestrate such gatherings: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?21-Get-Togethers-Competition-and-Results

I have attended a few such gatherings and wholeheartedly encourage others to do so!

shaper
12-20-2013, 11:09 PM
oops,,,, If you feel it should be moved to another place, by all means please do so, I wouldn't know how to do it anyway.

Dean D.
12-21-2013, 02:08 AM
No worries Shaper, it's just fine here. Maybe more folks will visit the other section via this thread. ;)

Bullshop Junior
12-21-2013, 02:17 AM
If I was close enough, and had money at the time of said gathering, I would go.

shaper
12-21-2013, 10:44 AM
I live in NW Georgia. On one of the meets we had at my house one member came in from Az. That is a long way to go for a 2 day event. Any CB member can have a small gathering, even if it is only a coule of people, just post the results and maybe some pictures to the group to get others interested in doing the same.
I don't know yet if there is a calander of events on this site. A member wanting to host a gathering should post at least 3 weeks in advance of his event so others can make plans to attend. There are so many members on CB that several events can be posted around the country on the same day.
I'm already thinking of cutting some trees down and make a big back stop about 100 yards down range.

Four-Sixty
12-21-2013, 07:50 PM
I think you may just be hoping we'll leave lots of lead behind. ;)

I could be interested in the spring time.