PDA

View Full Version : Do not use the us post office to ship cast bullets!

HiVelocity
12-19-2013, 11:50 AM
Deleted

Trey45
12-19-2013, 11:56 AM
I use small flat rate boxes to ship my cast boolits to those wanting to try them. Never used an envelope.

bhn22
12-19-2013, 11:58 AM
You seriously shipped cast bullets in a padded envelope? I had a guy ship me a mold in a padded mailer once. It didn't make it either. I ship everything Priority Mail, in free flat-rate boxes. Heavy stuff gets plenty of strapping tape & clear tape too.

DRNurse1
12-19-2013, 12:02 PM
>>>And the SFRB is $5.85 anywhere CONUS, AK and HI with $50 automatic insurance (new change to compete with UPS?).

12-19-2013, 12:02 PM
For years, I've given people many hundreds of boolits, not to mention lead ingots, shipping them via the post office without a problem. However, I always used flat rate boxes that were well wrapped with reinforced packaging tape.

khmer6
12-19-2013, 12:03 PM
I've had s I me really heavy commercial cast boolits shipped before and they arrived fine. Pretty crazy that the envelope was clean cut. Hope you can get something done about it, that's what sucks between private and public services. Customer service isn't usually a top priority when the bottom line isn't a concern

Echo
12-19-2013, 12:12 PM
I have also used the Flat Rate envelope, but tape it all over with vinyl tape - I shipped something once in a FRE that never got there - envelope had been torn open, and contents vanished.

el roboto
12-19-2013, 12:17 PM
Had a gun delivered to the wrong house this yt and a bow delibered to the wrong house last yr. Thank god for.honest neighbors. The usps has definatly been slippimg.

imashooter2
12-19-2013, 12:47 PM
Lots and lots of folks use the USPS to ship cast boolits, ingots and more. Shipping heavy objects in cardboard and paper packages requires a bit of packing art for the contents to make it to destination reliably. Number one is to ensure that the contents can't move and get a running start at the side walls.

That said, if you mailed 2 separate shipments to different addresses and they were both cut to open and pilfer the contents, it would indicate that the theft happened in your hometown PO or at the first sort center.

bobthenailer
12-19-2013, 01:19 PM
Ive shipped cast boolets to many CB members with no problems , however i use the small USPS FR box and extra shipping tape to reinforce box.

HiVelocity
12-19-2013, 01:19 PM
Folks, I know I should have used a SFRB. I've used the padded envelope many times without the first problem. This package was purposely cut with a box cutter or a pocket knife.

Lesson learned. Lol!

HV

dudel
12-19-2013, 01:21 PM
Never had a problem with brass, boolits or ingots sent USPS as long as they went in a box. Flat rate boxes work really well.

Not sure I would have tried a padded envelope. Now I know I won't.

Larry Gibson
12-19-2013, 01:29 PM
If you are going to ship cast bullets via a bubble wrap envelope (small quantities of bullets only) best to seal them in a vacuum seal bag first so they are held tight and do not move around. I also ship that way even in a flat rate box. Never had a problem.

Larry Gibson

CastingFool
12-19-2013, 01:30 PM
I haven't had any problems either shipping or receiving boolits. Used sfrbs well taped, each time.

sirgknight
12-19-2013, 01:31 PM

I shipped two separate packages, well taped and secured, to members on this forum. They both notified me that they only received the bubble wrap envelope, no cast bullets, with a letter noting "damaged" by the post office. NOT SO. The envelope above was purposely cut to steal the cast bullets inside. So much for honesty and integrity in the postal services. I won't use them again.

I will file a complaint and try to re-coop my cost for both postage and the cost of the bullets. Thieves, all of them. I have more respect for a crack head than a thief.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

HV

Court records prove that most crack heads become the worst kind of thieves, but your point is well taken. It wouldn't surprise me if the thief isn't a crack head. If your package was returned to you in the "cut open" condition then you should have no problem winning a claim against the PO. Good luck.

kweidner
12-19-2013, 01:43 PM
If you are going to ship cast bullets via a bubble wrap envelope (small quantities of bullets only) best to seal them in a vacuum seal bag first so they are held tight and do not move around. I also ship that way even in a flat rate box. Never had a problem.

Larry Gibson

That's what I do too. Works great. Sent some to my cousin that wayneven wth felix lube on them. Didn't really get messy.

Dusty Bannister
12-19-2013, 01:46 PM
I shipped two separate packages, well taped and secured, to members on this forum. They both notified me that they only received the bubble wrap envelope, no cast bullets, with a letter noting "damaged" by the post office. NOT SO. The envelope above was purposely cut to steal the cast bullets inside. So much for honesty and integrity in the postal services. I won't use them again.

=
=
Can't help but notice how much the postage was and suspect that a SFRB would have been cheaper. That said, I never pack loose castings in a padded envelope, but rather bag them and sandwich the bag between layers of cardboard. The 'knife" cut may have occurred during automated handling. You may have been lucky by having the envelope accepted at the PO but in my area the mailer must be within a maximum thickness limit. Probably to avoid this kind of damage. Did I miss the fiber tape around the envelope? Dusty

JimP.
12-19-2013, 01:52 PM
i work for the USPS, i am not a thief and do not appreciate your comments. Use the correct shipping boxes, and securely tape the boxes, its your fault if you do not properly containerize your bullets for shipping. Yes it looks like your bullets were stole, that is a matter for the Postal Inspectors. All packages are sorted on automated machines and heavy boxes can split open when they fall on the belt for sorting. that is why you must properly secure the box with heavy shipping tape so it can take the shipping. Dont label all of us because of a few bad apples, they are being caught and fired. let the system work for you and PROPERLY prepare your packages for shipment, its your fault if you dont. the Priority flat rate boxes are the most cost effective and the best way to ship. tape them up good, its what i do and other readers will agree. JimP.

mdi
12-19-2013, 01:58 PM
I've had probs with the P.O. also. I once ordered 15 lbs. of linotype chunks, well packaged, but only got 5 lbs and a box with a big hole in it. Obviously a man made, far from oops!, hole. Complaining/asking for help at the Post Office was like talking to a brick wall...

Frozone
12-19-2013, 02:39 PM
I'm getting concerned about a boolit shipment myself.

20# in a MFRB well wrapped in tape.

It got sent to 'sorting' 2 days ago, hasn't been scanned since.
The other stuff (PID shipments) have all cleared Sorting and are on the way.

May be nothing. My local USPS sorting house has a serious problem the stupid each day.
About 1/3 of my incoming stuff gets the scenic route.
Homer is a popular destination, as is Prudoe Bay and a couple have even been to Nome.

sirgknight
12-19-2013, 02:46 PM
JimP, I feel what you are saying but I don't believe anyone intended on accusing "everybody". I worked as a Correctional Officer for almost 30 years and every time we turned around either an officer, a food service worker, a maintenance person, a counselor, a medical employee or somebody was caught either bringing drugs or tobacco or some other contraband in to the inmates or having personal relations with them. These bad employees definitely gave the Department a bad black eye and I wanted each of them to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, but their actions didn't make me one of them. I continued to perform my job according my morals, my beliefs, my duty and my oath as did the far majority of the employees. I took pride in trying be one of the "good" examples and never, ever took exception to someone saying bad things about the employees who were bad. I would have been the first one to boot their A_ _ out the front door and say, GOOD RIDDANCE. There are bad apples in every barrel.

fredj338
12-19-2013, 04:26 PM
Probably area specific but I have never had an issue shipping or receiving bullets in the USPS FR boxes. Maybe don't tell them what is inside? Well packaged, they don't get into it unless it is cut open. I just got 70# of ingots from a forum member. You needed to cut the box & the boxes inside to get at anything. Package better? When I ship, I use the small FR boxes, well taped, then ship those inside another FR box, well taped. I never tell them what is inside.

wlc
12-19-2013, 05:17 PM

May be nothing. My local USPS sorting house has a serious problem the stupid each day.
Homer is a popular destination, as is Prudoe Bay and a couple have even been to Nome.

I here ya! I really don't know whats up sometimes with USPS in AK. A couple of years ago I ordered some stuff in from the lower 48 (Tenn). By the tracking it only took 2 days to get to the hub in ANC. Took ANC 5 days to get the package the other 60 miles to my P.O. This year my mom sent Christmas stuff up to us in two boxes. Both mailed the same day. First box showed up Monday the other one is still MIA.....

dkf
12-19-2013, 10:25 PM

This time of year the shipping companies are getting slammed.(Fedex, USPS, UPS and etc)

I am not located in an area near as rural as you are. A christmas present I ordered for my dad was supposed to be delivered Monday by USPS as per tracking. I got it yesterday. Last week a UPS package was scheduled for delivery on Wednesday but it did not get unloaded off the truck at the sort facility. So I got it the next day. Then there was the Fedex package last week that was said to be delivered by tracking at my front door. It did not actually arrive until over 1 hour after the tracking said. The driver lied on tracking and said it was delivered earlier than it was.

I use UPS, Fedex and USPS. All have had delays or package damage at one point or the other. Fedex was always the worst.

MTtimberline
12-19-2013, 10:38 PM
Hopefully the mail robbers don't ever develop a taste for the "Hand Tools" that I receive from Slovenia...

myg30
12-19-2013, 10:47 PM
The tracking system with the usps is terrible to say the least. The first scan is when you ship it, the next scan is when its delivered. All the stops and scans between are never posted for you to see where it is and guess-ta-mate when it might get delivered. Any time of the year it just never shows up on the web. Kinda like obummer care.
UPS it scans in and out of the dang buildings. But well I guess you pay fer that too !

Sorry you lost your boolits. Maybe the thief will have a servere case of the leaded bbl. !

Mike

alfloyd
12-19-2013, 11:08 PM
quote from myg30"
"The tracking system with the usps is terrible to say the least. The first scan is when you ship it, the next scan is when its delivered. All the stops and scans between are never posted for you to see where it is and guess-ta-mate when it might get delivered."

This is the type of tracking I get from the USPS. Tracked at every stop.

Service Type: USPS Tracking™/Insured <= $200

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delivered STOCKTON, CA 95207 December 13, 2013 10:13 am
Out for Delivery STOCKTON, CA 95208 December 13, 2013 8:39 am
Sorting Complete STOCKTON, CA 95208 December 13, 2013 8:29 am
Arrival at Post Office STOCKTON, CA 95208 December 13, 2013 6:06 am
Dispatched to Sort Facility HYRUM, UT 84319 December 10, 2013 4:33 pm
Acceptance HYRUM, UT 84319 December 10, 2013 12:00 pm
Electronic Shipping Info Received December 9, 2013

And I use the Flat Rate Boxes, well taped.

Lafaun

HeavyMetal
12-19-2013, 11:09 PM
The USPS tracking system is getting better, why just a week before Thanksgiving I ordered some trimmer studs from Lee Precision, on line, and payed for Priorty Mail 2 days.

Tracked the mail to Oak something or other in WI. and thats where it stayed..for 18 days! Got the package, intact, delivered to my office second week of December. Lee says it's not thier problem once it hit's the PO's hands PO says no garrontee and laughed at me.

JimP I feel your plight but you tell me where do we complain and actually get someone that cares???

Again I do feel for you, no one likes to be insulted, but the US Post Office is just like every other government agency if you don't have someones ear you aren't going to get any results.

Now you tell me: I payed for 2 day Priorty mail it didn't happen, I'm out $9.95 and yes it's only $9.95, but I worked for that money and expect what I pay for or I expect a refund.

Now you tell me and everyone else here: am I out of line? or out of luck?

HM

opos
12-19-2013, 11:17 PM
Just recently bought some J words from a member on the board....he shipped a flat rate box with the contents well secured....what I got was a big envelope from the postal service with a smashed box inside...empty box with stampings all over it that said "received without contents"..this one was mashed like a fork lift ran over it....I took pics and sent the info the the seller...he filled out the claim ($50 included in small flat box shipping) and within about 2 weeks of the claim I had the check and a letter of apology from the post office...I've had good luck with the post office except in a couple of cases when I really over loaded a box and should have split the shipment....there is a limit to what a box can safely hold regardless if the p/o says "if it fits...it ships"....we got a letter carrier that will put a note in the box if there is a really heavy box....cast boolits can make a medium size box weightlifter catagory...doubt I'd want to deliver them either..he says he fears for their condition if he tries to deliver them with the regular mail and asks that we just pick them up...no big deal...we live about a mile from the post office and they load them in the car.

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
12-19-2013, 11:21 PM
Check out this tracking list. This was a set of dies I ordered. The sender had my correct address on the package but when my zipcode was keyed in by a postal worker it was one number off. I was shocked it still got delivered. I am thankful...there are miracles. LOL!

Kinda hard to read. Sorry.

nodda duma
12-19-2013, 11:26 PM
My mom shipped some meat up to us... Priority mail 2 day. It got lost.. Lol. I hope it doesn't show up now. It's been MIA for two weeks.

gandydancer
12-19-2013, 11:27 PM
I have been using the U.S.mail service back when it was called The Pony Express. lol In all that time I never lost a thing.Late & very late at times. of course. three years ago it happened to me. I mailed out two custom made western hats value over $600.00 for the pair. Boxed up and safety taped with tape that has to be cut to open the box. the box showed up at destination"empty" & re taped with sticky clear tape. The wife mailed it out for me in a hurry NO insurance or tracking. Guess who lost on that deal. AND JIMP. I don't believe anyone was calling you anything. thankfully the post office has good honest people working for them like your self. But there are those working in the USPS who would steal the gold teeth from a dead person.and that's a fact.

i work for the USPS, i am not a thief and do not appreciate your comments. Use the correct shipping boxes, and securely tape the boxes, its your fault if you do not properly containerize your bullets for shipping. Yes it looks like your bullets were stole, that is a matter for the Postal Inspectors. All packages are sorted on automated machines and heavy boxes can split open when they fall on the belt for sorting. that is why you must properly secure the box with heavy shipping tape so it can take the shipping. Dont label all of us because of a few bad apples, they are being caught and fired. let the system work for you and PROPERLY prepare your packages for shipment, its your fault if you dont. the Priority flat rate boxes are the most cost effective and the best way to ship. tape them up good, its what i do and other readers will agree. JimP.

freebullet
12-19-2013, 11:28 PM
I've had some problems recently with USPS . Xmas has them actually working and they don't seem to like it.

John Boy
12-19-2013, 11:37 PM
Line the insides of Flat Rate boxes with thin sheeting of Styrofoam ... it will make the trip unbroken
And put the bullets in the Styrofoam trays enclosed in the tray box

dikman
12-20-2013, 12:11 AM
I still can't get over this "Flat Rate Shipping" you chaps have :veryconfu. I'd hate to think of the cost of sending, say, 20 lbs. of lead through the post here! (Calculated on both weight and size of parcel).

Frozone
12-20-2013, 12:35 AM
I still can't get over this "Flat Rate Shipping" you chaps have :veryconfu.......

"If it fits it ships" up to 70 lbs.

That's a medium flat rate box full of lead ($11.30 if you print the label online)
but your postal worker will hate you if it happens too often ;-)

Frozone
12-20-2013, 12:41 AM
This time of year the shipping companies are getting slammed.(Fedex, USPS, UPS and etc)...

Yeah, and it's not Just the time of year.
I was told a week or so ago that there was 500,000 lbs of mail sitting in Seattle that couldn't get here because of the weather.
Same problem all over the lower 48 last week.

leadman
12-20-2013, 12:54 AM
I exchange MFRBs of lead ingots with a member here a couple of years ago. Think it was 7 boxes. I did help the carrier load them in his truck and told him the dolly would be on the porch and to use it if I wasn't home. He tthanked me for the help and I told him I probably won't ship that many again for awhile. He laughed.
The tracking has been working very good for me and seems to be accurate. I shipped some boolits to Pa and had about 10 e-mails on it.

dkf
12-20-2013, 12:55 AM
Yeah, and it's not Just the time of year.
I was told a week or so ago that there was 500,000 lbs of mail sitting in Seattle that couldn't get here because of the weather.
Same problem all over the lower 48 last week.

Do they fly it up or put it on a ship? That is lot of stuff. Could use a big boat to haul it up in one shot.

The USPS tracking system is getting better, why just a week before Thanksgiving I ordered some trimmer studs from Lee Precision, on line, and payed for Priorty Mail 2 days.

I noticed the tracking has gotten better and more detailed as well. Lockheed Martin really did a poor job on the tracking system IMO.

Frozone
12-20-2013, 01:13 AM
Do they fly it up or put it on a ship? That is lot of stuff.

Both, some comes up on seagoing barges.

JimP.
12-20-2013, 03:53 AM
not worth a reply.

Bullshop Junior
12-20-2013, 05:51 AM
We used to mail hundred of pounds of boolits. All in flat rate boxes. Never had a issue.

sackot
12-20-2013, 07:26 AM
I have a suspicion I know what this is about. Gold and silver are dense. Most dense things aren't gold or silver, but like Nigerian scammers, they only have to strike lucky one time in a thousand.

In this light, the problem with envelopes vs boxes is that it makes it easier to manipulate and realise that the contents are dense, not just heavy.

The saddest postal loss I had: when I was in college in the UK, my mother knitted me an Aran sweater, and posted it to me. After a month of non-appearence, she was able to claim for the price of the wool only. She bought new wool, and knitted me another, then sent it by the same method. That too disappeared. By the second time, I reckon the thief knew exactly what they were getting. Thirty years on, I still have some of the sweaters she made me, and still regret those two.

popper
12-20-2013, 12:27 PM
Thanks for posting, I was going to use the envelope, now I won't. Consider that the shippers are all on a deadline and use automated sorters. Anything that doesn't go through the sorter gums up the works. I suspect they got dumped so the mail would go through as promised - minus the contents. On purpose, yes. Cause they wanted your boolits? Probably not.

w5pv
12-20-2013, 01:22 PM
I shipped a small amount of brass to a member recently and when he acknowledged that he had received the envelope he told me that all of the brass was but the envelope had been torn and taped back up.I had put the brass in a zip lock bag inside the bubble wrap envelope but when he received the brass the zip lock was gone.I think the postal service heard the brass rattle and felt of it and decided that it was something illegal and took a look see.

popper
12-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Thanks for posting, I was going to use the envelope, now I won't. Consider that the shippers are all on a deadline and use automated sorters. Anything that doesn't go through the sorter gums up the works. I suspect they got dumped so the mail would go through as promised - minus the contents. On purpose, yes. Cause they wanted your boolits? Probably not.

JimP.
12-20-2013, 01:33 PM
here's what happens to your package, when you drop it off for shipping at your PO. it gets placed in a container which travels to the processing plant. there it goes to the package sorting machine. the container is placed in a tilting dumper which is tilted to allow the packages to slide towards the belt which takes the packages up the ramp into the sorting machine. the drop from the container could be between three feet or about 4 feet. Your box/envelope must survive this drop. that is why the Priority flat rate package (best value) must be VERY securely taped up. if it will take this drop without coming open, your package most likely will survive. the package if extremely heavy will get picked up off the belt and placed in the heavy/bulky container for hand processing. remember it is the shippers responsibility to properly prepare their package for shipment. all packages have to survive this first drop onto the belt. you should see this package sorting machine, it's huge and covers a football field size area. JimP.

JSAND
12-20-2013, 02:05 PM
Never had a problem with anything I have shipped, or with anything I have received from members here. I have had a lot of silver and other precious metal (lead, he..he..) shipped to my door. Usually by USPS FRB, it's just the best deal going. I've never worked for the USPS but was a sorter in the UPS hub at Louisville, KY. First, I don't see how anyone manually sorting would have time to pilfer a package. Second, I don't see how they would be able to sneek anything like a bunch of boolits out of their work station. I don't know maybe there is no comparison between the two shippers sort lanes. At UPS it would require the cooperation of several workers for someone to steal something. Can't imagine someone willing to risk a job over some cast boolits.

Cadillo
12-20-2013, 09:05 PM
I once bought twelve boxes of monotype that was listed here on the site. It came in flat rate boxes that grossed at just under 70 lbs. each. I was working in the garage with my hand truck close by as the tracking info said that it was out for delivery. When the postman arrived in his little mail truck, he stopped just short of the driveway, so he began to pull forward and actually pulled the front wheels off the ground, and it took a moment for the front end to settle enough for him to decide to get out of the vehicle.

I helped him to unload and he helped me to move the boxes into the garage. He then turned around and headed back to the post office to gather up his regular mail. Seems that his boss told him to "Get the lead out and then come back in for the regular mail."

MaryB
12-21-2013, 01:42 AM
Pack anything you ship to survive a 6 foot fall. I don't care who you ship it with. If using peanuts you should have to compress the flaps to tape the box up. Do not use peanuts on anything over 10 pounds. Over 10 pounds use solid foam, blocks of cardboard etc to make sure the contents absolutely cannot move. I shipped a 75 pound amateur radio amplifier a few years ago. I made custom foam blocks for it from insulation sheets glued up to the thickness needed. Then boxed it, then boxed that in another box with another inch of foam in between the two. They punctured the outer box and partially into the foam but didn't reach the inner box or inner foam packing.

Overkill? Yes but it will get there unless it is deliberately opened and stolen.

cheetah
12-21-2013, 01:56 PM
Why use envelopes when boxes are free too, more durable, and less pilferable? I'll do it too, but personally I think bullet people are among the biggest abusers of flat rate. I tend to hold my complaints when I see the 100 pound mail lady struggle with my funstuff.

myg30
12-21-2013, 03:27 PM
The tracking system with the usps is terrible to say the least. The first scan is when you ship it, the next scan is when its delivered. All the stops and scans between are never posted for you to see where it is and guess-ta-mate when it might get delivered. Any time of the year it just never shows up on the web. Kinda like obummer care.
UPS it scans in and out of the dang buildings. But well I guess you pay fer that too !

Sorry you lost your boolits. Maybe the thief will have a servere case of the leaded bbl. !

Mike

I ADMIT, I STAND CORRECTED. I did just receive an order from WLL by Postal service. After the first info that the order was rec at the po, a few days passed and then a post was made that it was received in TN., out for delivery, and delivered. That info was posted all on the day it was delivered to me. So the SKIPPED posted post was that it made it to TN. But anyway, I GOT IT IN GREAT SHAPE !
THEY ARE GETTING BETTER since my last use of their tracking system in Tennessee.
Maybe we are the last to get the up dated system sine we didn't support Al Gore or this other guy we stuck with now. The smaller satellite offices around here now CLOSE FOR LUNCH and have reduced hours of operation !! We being punished for something ? Hummm

Mike

Baryngyl
12-23-2013, 12:16 AM
I never had a problem with USPS till this last year, I bought 2 of the moulds that let me pour 6 ingots to fit into a SFRB for shipping.

I shipped 2 boxes of lead to a member here, both shipped the same day, both showed as making it to the Spokane Wa sort facility, 1 was sent out from there the next day and the member received it on time, the other has never left the Spokane Wa sort facility, I ended up sending a replacement.

I have talked to my local P.O., she is new and young and does not know what to do, I have written the P.O. from their web site 2 or 3 times, all I ever get back is a confirmation email that they got my info and then 2 days later I get a email asking me to fill out a survey letting them know how great a job they did helping me.

I have also had one box broken open a bit and it lost part of a lead ingot where I had shipped 1 or 2 broken ingots (they had been dumped out to soon and broke) as part of the shipment and another box or 2 that got pretty squashed/mangled but managed to make it through.

Michael Grace

Old Dawg
12-24-2013, 03:41 AM
I have never has a problem with USPS. Had two packages lost by UPS. Also never had problems with USPS service but then I was always polite and courteous not indignant and irate. Think that may have made a difference?

Down South
12-24-2013, 12:42 PM
I just sent a member some 380 cast boolits to try out. I ship in FRB's and use plenty padding and tape when I ship heavy objects through USPS. I haven't had any problems yet. From the condition that I have received some boxes, I can calculate what the ones I ship may go through.
The heavier the box, the more damage is possible.
USPS tracking is a joke at best sometimes. I have a package going and one coming right now. One package, the one coming shows where it cleared the sort facility from the location it was shipped from with expected arrival 12/18. As of 12/20 that package had not arrived nor the tracking updated.
I shipped a package on 12/20 to one of our members. The tracking showed where I bought the shipping label on 12/19 and this morning I got notification the package was out for delivery. There was no tracking recorded in between.
So, take USPS shipping tracking with a grain of salt. Always package your shipped items bomb proof as best you can. And good luck.

montana_charlie
12-24-2013, 01:34 PM
I've had some problems recently with USPS . Xmas has them actually working and they don't seem to like it.

Looking back on fifteen years of humping to meet sorting deadlines at all times of the year, I'd like to politely suggest that you stuff it where the sun don't shine.

CM

Down South
12-24-2013, 07:33 PM
Looking back on fifteen years of humping to meet sorting deadlines at all times of the year, I'd like to politely suggest that you stuff it where the sun don't shine.

CM
Some USPS workers seem to appreciate their jobs while others don't. I have two PO's that I frequent in Houston. The attitude That I get from one over on 8205 Braesmain Dr is "how can we you help you sir?" The other, over on 11805 Chimney Rock Rd. attitude is "What jude want?"
I shipped out of the one over on Chimney Rock for a while and I was getting MO's back for my orders and was cashing them at same location. I would always get the same smart question, "How much it be fo?" "R's" seem to be left out in conversation. Anyway after showing the not so friendly Postal employee my ID after a number of days in a row, she finally had the audacity to say the photo on my DL didn't look like me. I polietly pulled out my Concealed Permit and showed her my photo ID on it. Seems she remembered me from then on.
I pretty much quite doing business with the Chimney Rock Bunch. Another problem I have, The lazy bunch refuse to pick up a package from where I stay. I have to deliver it to a PO. That is a royal PITA for me since I have to fight Houston Traffic to get to one. I would be so simple for them to do what they are paid to do and pick up at the same place they deliver.

sghart3578
12-25-2013, 06:38 AM
Never had a problem with USPS and flat rate boxes. I live in a small town in Northern California. I get lots of heavy stuff shipped to me, lead and such. The other day I went to my local post office for the first time in many months. I was shipping some brass to a fellow caster. I was paying with my ATM card when I pulled out my driver's license for ID. She told me "No need for that, everyone here knows who you are. We get a workout from your stuff." Very friendly and funny folks. Then again we are rural, no big city attitude I suppose.

frkelly74
12-25-2013, 09:49 AM
The good, the bad, and the ugly. We have it pretty good here. I routinely use the flat rate envelope doubled up with a used one inside and the Tyveck envelope inside that. If someone is going to steal something then there is no way to prevent it. But you can do pretty well in preventing something being torn open by accident with tape and immobilizing the content.