PDA

View Full Version : If you could meet one member who would it be?

btroj
12-16-2013, 12:37 AM
Like the title says, if you could meet any one member of this site who would it be and why?

Sweetpea
12-16-2013, 12:44 AM
I could narrow it down to the top 5, if I had to.

But one, you've got to be kidding!

btroj
12-16-2013, 12:45 AM
Nope, just one. It isn't easy, is it?

Sgtonory
12-16-2013, 12:45 AM
Larry Gibson.

Sweetpea
12-16-2013, 12:52 AM
Brad I think it was about a year ago, you and I went back and forth quite a bit on a thread.

I didn't much care for you.

I think we came to a mutual understanding, to disagree, and agree at the same time. You earned my respect.

You're on the short list...

But one?!?

btroj
12-16-2013, 12:55 AM
Hey, I never said it would be easy. Five would be an easy list, sorta?

Just one is tough. I have it narrowed down but picking one would be dang tough.

If it is easy to do then it isn't very rewarding, is it?

jmort
12-16-2013, 12:59 AM
Any one of my Bitter Clinger Brothers. Get to see them all in Heaven as an added bonus.

ultramag
12-16-2013, 01:00 AM
Having to pick one does seem excessively cruel, however playing by the rules laid forth in the OP:

runfiverun

Bzcraig
12-16-2013, 01:04 AM
I'm with SweetPea.....I could get down to 5/6 but not one! Some guys have a sense of humor I really appreciate, some a fascinating lifestyle, many reloading experience I could learn from. Sorry brother, just can't do one!

ACrowe25
12-16-2013, 01:09 AM
Run5 for all the knowledge I have gained directly/indirectly from reading his posts here and other places. Can't thank him enough...

TXGunNut
12-16-2013, 01:15 AM
KirkD, as long as I got to "meet" a few of his treasures as well. It would be a pleasure to meet the man lucky enough to own the beautiful Winchesters he has photographed and featured on these pages.

MtGun44
12-16-2013, 03:32 AM
We need some sort of a get-together where we can show up and have a good time for a day or two.

I'd like to meet a bunch of you fellas. And gals, too. I want to see Joni Lynn's mauser in person - and Joni Lynn, too, of
course.

Bill

btroj
12-16-2013, 07:50 AM
Isn't that the truth Bill.

A get together in the area would be a great idea.

chuckbuster
12-16-2013, 07:59 AM
Right now anyone that lives someplace WARM, IT's 2 degrees out!
Kevin

btroj
12-16-2013, 08:14 AM
It wouldn't be an easy choice but I would probably pick Geargnasher.
I would love to see what goes on in that head of his.

I also would take the opportunity to hold him down while my wife beat him for getting me involved in this lube quest thing!

fishhawk
12-16-2013, 08:32 AM
HMMMMM me thinks my pick would have to be Recluse, man just to get there and BS about things and how he comes up with the book idea well then of course there would be guns involved.

Bad Water Bill
12-16-2013, 08:44 AM
Sorry but there are to many great folks here that deserve being on a special list.

I can not narrow it down even to a top 10 list.

RayinNH
12-16-2013, 08:51 AM
You're all a bunch of ornery, enabling ne'er do wells :p. Many fine folks here but I'd like to meet Jim, too bad he doesn't show up anymore...Ray

farmerjim
12-16-2013, 08:53 AM
Too many to chose just one.
I am all for a large meeting somewhere. I would drive 600 or 700 miles to get to one.
It would be a big job for somebody to arrange a big meeting, but it sure would be fun.

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-16-2013, 09:00 AM
I'd say anyone of the feller's that wear the Big Hats !
I assume recluse might have one in his closet, as he'd sure be on my list as well.
and
Texas would be nice this time of year (coming from a Minnesotan).

.30/30 Guy
12-16-2013, 09:07 AM
It would be one of the guys with the Big Hats!

Since he is closer I would go with r5r.

square butte
12-16-2013, 09:23 AM
One is just too few. 5 would be as low as I could possibly manage and if I thought about it for another hour there would be at least 10. Maybe we should have a large gathering sometime - an convention or shoot or giant meet and great. Doubt there is the money or time amongst us for that. I do know that Buckshot's mule is on my list.

WILCO
12-16-2013, 09:26 AM
Sorry but there are to many great folks here that deserve being on a special list.

I can not narrow it down even to a top 10 list.

Same here.

MBTcustom
12-16-2013, 09:35 AM
There are so many that I hope to get the chance to meet.
Geargnasher, lcollins, 45 2.1, smokeywolf, Tommeboy, Waksupi, greywuff, LoveLife, blackbike, Duke Nukem, nobade, Dan Cash, bullshop, hip's ax, and many more I don't have time to type.

However, the one member I intend to meet ASAP, is Mooseman. Yep, that's the one feller I would love to meet most, especially because he may be close enough for me to get to in a 4-5 hour drive, and he has helped me so much.

MBTcustom
12-16-2013, 09:47 AM
There are so many that I hope to get the chance to meet.
Geargnasher, 45 2.1, smokeywolf, Tommeboy, Waksupi, greywuff, LoveLife, blackbike, Duke Nukem, Dan Cash, bullshop, hip's ax, and many more I don't have time to type.
However, the one member I intend to meet ASAP, is Mooseman.

TheCelt
12-16-2013, 01:16 PM
Waksupi or Idaho Mule

Shiloh
12-16-2013, 01:20 PM
Kevin

7 here.

Shiloh

Jailer
12-16-2013, 01:51 PM
Well I've been fortunate enough to meet a few extremely knowledgeable members so that helps narrow it down a bit for me.

If there can be only one it would have to be Felix. Seems to be a wealth of knowledge there and his short and somewhat cryptic responses sometimes need a little further explanation. Just the kind of person that's great to sit down and chat with.

Unless of course he has extreme anti social tenancies and suffers from agoraphobia then I might pick someone else. :mrgreen:

AlaskanGuy
12-16-2013, 03:12 PM
I think there are many i would like to meet... I would love to meet runfiver and larry gibson, our resident rocket scientists..... But if i need to narrow it down to one, it would have to be Grumpa... I think he is a lot like me and a bit off the grid.... Prolly in many ways, just like me...lol

Also would love to meet Johnson1942... He is a great guy with a lot to teach about working with wood.... And life...

AG

horsesoldier
12-16-2013, 03:29 PM
Waksupi. You wont be disappointed when you meet Idaho Mule either.... lol

Goatwhiskers
12-16-2013, 03:49 PM
Fishhawk, I've been there and done just what you said. Waiting for another opportunity to pick his brain. We had a semi-plan regarding Natchitoches but then he went and got sick. On the other hand as others have said I would have a very hard time singling out only one person from this family. A gathering would be in order, preferably here in the South where it's warmer. Around the Dallas area would be nice, hint, hint. GW

smokeywolf
12-16-2013, 04:01 PM
btroj, you ask too much. Like so many here, I couldn't narrow it down to one. I can say this, my main reason for putting anyone on my list would be to get to know the person. Their advice and knowledge I can ask for on the forum and/or over the phone. It's getting to know the person, talking face to face, and hopefully punching some holes in paper, ringing a gong, or if time and conditions permit, some hunting and BBQ.

I would really like to get to know gray wolf, goodsteel, geargnasher, runfiverun, 9.3x62AL, x101airborn, theperfessor, Recluse, waksupi, Ben, Jim, 44man, Lloyd Smale, Bad Water Bill, Boerrancher, plus many others.

smokeywolf

472x1B/A
12-16-2013, 04:25 PM
Yep, I don't even have to think about this at all. I want to and will someday meet BadWaterBill. A gentleman that was so relentless as he was this year to help get CCW for this state, that's the Man I want to meet. Sure hope to this coming March in Springfield for IGOLD. Stay warm BadWaterBill.

Lloyd Smale
12-16-2013, 04:34 PM
btroj you would be on my short list. I like the way you try to stear me away from emotions and toward reason. Bad water bill is on my short iist too. Heck of a guy and I have to ad Ken and wiljen. bottom line though is that it would be tough to make up my mind as theres a bunch of guys on here that i consider friends and would like to meet in person.

sundog
12-16-2013, 05:38 PM
Easy. That would be Ken, so I could thank him face-2-face for keeping the bunch from the old Shooters board together here at Cast Boolits.

Thank you, Ken.

1Shirt
12-16-2013, 05:44 PM
Would for me be Beagle, hands down! The old Sgt.Maj. and I have a lot in common that we could jawbone about!
1Shirt!

gray wolf
12-16-2013, 05:47 PM
Men! and Ladies,
For me it would have to be a gigundes group hug.
I do have some favorites but I will keep them close to the vest for now.

chsparkman
12-16-2013, 05:48 PM
I'd like to meet any of you guys, but especially Jim. I'd like to pick his brain and do some test shooting with him.

btroj
12-16-2013, 07:35 PM
My short list would include Felix, Larry Gibson, Mt gun 44, Lloyd, Run, goodsteel, and Bret, and God forbid, that darn trolling Mike!

So many have taught me something. Sometimes it is also just people who give you that "I need to meet him" vibe.

clownbear69
12-16-2013, 07:37 PM
There is a slight chance xbeeman412 and I might see each other. He passes through my neck of the woods to go to Phoenix. We talked about and I said if you got a chance stop by

Love Life
12-16-2013, 07:46 PM
Montana Charlie, Bill Weddle, or Uncle R.

I'd love to sit down with any of the above men and chew the fat, or take them coyote hunting.

I'd like to meet Goodsteel, but alas he can't be on my list.....you know...for the wallet.

MT Gianni
12-16-2013, 08:12 PM
Been privileged to meet quite a few both from seeking them out for lunch in MT or @ the NCBS. I have rarely been disappointed. I'll just say then next board member I meet.

bikerbeans
12-16-2013, 08:15 PM
I would like to tag a long with Jim on a one of his night time 'coon adventures.

BB

historicfirearms
12-16-2013, 08:15 PM
Just one, that's tough. Would be Larry Gibson. Whenever I have a question, he has a good answer and the ability to communicate it clearly.

Recluse
12-16-2013, 08:44 PM
I can't even narrow it down to five, or even twenty-five.

What I do know is that I'd like to be somewhere near the front row when George (Bad Water Bill) finally gets his CHL in hand. Of everything I've seen accomplished on and by this forum, seeing Illinois, the Land of Lincoln, defeat the corruption of Chicago and get CHL passed and thus completing the cycle of all 50 states having concealed carry, the work George and others from the Illinois area was epic.

Been blessed to have met a number of members during the first book editing and signing travels, and believe me when I say that no one here will be disappointed with any member they meet here.

:coffee:

btroj
12-16-2013, 08:53 PM
Very true JD, meeting any member is good.

I am one of the few who is actually related to another member. I have had the pleasure of meeting m hicks and 35 Remington.

I would like to host a get together for the members near Omaha. PM me if interested.

JWFilips
12-16-2013, 09:40 PM
Well Since this was my first year of real hands on casting experience I have to base it on the ones that consistently helped me the most (& the ones I learned the most from) BUT, by no means does this exclude all the others that wrote to help me:
RunFiveRun & Geargnasher are truly tied for for first place!

plmitch
12-16-2013, 10:10 PM
Only one, well it would be BrassMagnet. Ron has been a good guy to talk to. I had the opportunity to meet Springfield awhile back and Mark is just a nice guy. Would have liked to have met Joe and Bob before they passed away, both good guys.

dbosman
12-16-2013, 10:55 PM
I can't pick just one or just a few.
If I happened to be at the same bar as a bunch of you, I'd buy a couple of rounds just to sit back and listen.

JeffinNZ
12-16-2013, 11:01 PM
Ken, seeing as this is his baby.

douglasskid
12-16-2013, 11:12 PM
Dollar Bill George would be mine!

geargnasher
12-16-2013, 11:31 PM
Alberta Canuck.

Gear

Recluse
12-16-2013, 11:38 PM
Upon reflection, on some days in the past here, I thought I might really, REALLY like to meet Frank. . .

Love Life
12-16-2013, 11:40 PM
Ahhhh, Frank. He always brought a different view to a discussion, which usually devolved into his hatred of Jews.

btroj
12-16-2013, 11:40 PM
Upon reflection, on some days in the past here, I thought I might really, REALLY like to meet Frank. . .

Now THAT is a meeting many of us would like to see.

geargnasher
12-16-2013, 11:42 PM
I'd bring the popcorn and rotten tomatoes.

Gear

btroj
12-16-2013, 11:44 PM
JD, if we get enough in a collection will you invite him over?

BNE
12-16-2013, 11:47 PM
I'd be happy to visit just one of the big hatted guys. I tink I could learn enough in a few hours to save me a years worth of mistakes.

Btroj, Why don't we give you our addresses and let you tour the US?[smilie=2:

btroj
12-16-2013, 11:50 PM
I would love to do that if cost wasn't a factor. I am a couple days drive from Lamar, a day and a half to Ian.
I have actually been pretty close to Runs place, hunted antelope in Pinedale WY years back. Practically next door for those guys.

btroj
12-16-2013, 11:53 PM
I do know that next time I head to KC I will contact Bill and see if we can stop by. I need to see his African animals.

BACKTOSHOOTING
12-17-2013, 12:45 AM
Kevin

We set a few new records here today, 86 degrees

Bullshop Junior
12-17-2013, 12:53 AM
I'd say anyone of the feller's that wear the Big Hats !
I assume recluse might have one in his closet, as he'd sure be on my list as well.
and
Texas would be nice this time of year (coming from a Minnesotan).

A lot of members on here from texas as well.

armexman
12-17-2013, 01:00 AM
Maven, Junior 1942, Mr. Gibson, Felix, Lloyd Smalle, MtGun44.
Someone from the first rendition of this site I believe he went by-Horsethief, horsehead or some other name close to the aforementioned.
I've learned a ton of casting knowledge from these and other sages on this board throughout the years.

Bullshop Junior
12-17-2013, 01:39 AM
And i dont have just one I would like to meet. But I can say, out of the ones I have been lucky to meet, they have been good people and have become good friends.

MtGun44
12-17-2013, 02:14 AM
btroj - let me know, you are welcome, although the place is a mess, partially in boxes, planning a move to
the house in the country, but not quite yet ready. Heads are on the walls.

Bill

MtGun44
12-17-2013, 02:17 AM
How about we get up an antelope hunt one year. . . . . I love Wyoming.

Bill

MtGun44
12-17-2013, 02:21 AM
Hard to limit it, Larry, waksupi, btroj, Bret, theperfessor, runfive, Ben, gray wolf, Recluse, gear, many more interesting,
smart and experienced folks here.

I had lunch with 45 2.1 years ago and enjoyed it, but I was pretty wet behind the ears back
then.

Bill

Recluse
12-17-2013, 03:43 AM
Hard to limit it, Larry, waksupi, btroj, Bret, theperfessor, runfive, Ben, gray wolf, Recluse, gear, many more interesting,
smart and experienced folks here.

I had lunch with 45 2.1 years ago and enjoyed it, but I was pretty wet behind the ears back
then.

Bill

I'll go with that list. I want to see your airplane.

I've been planning a "Nostalgia mini-vacation" to Kansas City for several years now where I fly up, land at the downtown airport, pay the outrageous fees (at least for one night, then head off to someplace GA friendly like the Lee's Summit airport--JoCo has gotten a bit out of hand from what I hear these days), rent me a car and basically "reminisce" and catch up with a few old retired admen like myself I worked with up there and maybe some clients. Take a stroll through the Plaza, a drive down Ward Parkway, go check on the old homestead in Olathe, get me some Gates BBQ, go stand and gaze out at where the Kansas and Missouri Rivers meet downtown and then see how much the place has grown since we've been gone.

The wife, fortunately, has zero interest so it would be a solo trip and easy to get together with some of the midwest casters.

I'm thinking of doing it in the early fall as in late September or early October, always my favorite time of year up there.

Lead Fred
12-17-2013, 06:34 AM
Ranch Dog, There is a lot of brain picking to be had.

MBTcustom
12-17-2013, 07:08 AM
Montana Charlie, Bill Weddle, or Uncle R.

I'd love to sit down with any of the above men and chew the fat, or take them coyote hunting.

I'd like to meet Goodsteel, but alas he can't be on my list.....you know...for the wallet.

Too bad.
By the time you left, I'd be building the best gun you never knew you always wanted more than anything you've got now. LOL!

cbrick
12-17-2013, 08:26 AM
I've met a few members from the forum, a couple I've know since before there was this forum. The last member here that I met was our very own gunsmith goodsteel. He was travelling through this area and called, he stopped by and we went over to member winelovers brand new house & donated some lead to winelovers sand backstop. Good people, great time. We need to do more of that.

Rick

kenyerian
12-17-2013, 08:52 AM
It would be nice to have a rendevous. swap meet, hunting expedition etc. I've never been to Alaska, New Zealand, Russia . Heck there's members from all over the world on here. Gates BBQ got my attention as I have been to Kansas City and would love an excuse to go back. Maybe we could get some mold makers there to show us what's new. This could be big.

Lloyd Smale
12-17-2013, 09:08 AM
well your all welcome here. Preferably though someone thats anti union so we have something to do when the ammos all shot up. Oh WAIT cant do that. My wife says im supposed to work on excepting that others have opinions too. Even though im right and there wrong ;)

btroj
12-17-2013, 10:02 AM
[smilie=b:That Lloyd, is why I would be sure to bring enough ammo to ensure I didn't run out!

We can disagree on many issues and still get along. Heck, I don't agree on everything with me!

Lloyd Smale
12-17-2013, 10:19 AM
I think wed do just fine even if the beer ran out!
[smilie=b:That Lloyd, is why I would be sure to bring enough ammo to ensure I didn't run out!

We can disagree on many issues and still get along. Heck, I don't agree on everything with me!

Idaho Mule
12-17-2013, 12:08 PM
Well I can't vote because I've all ready met more than 1 member.Crusty Deary Old Coot and Horsesoldier are both within 25 miles and they are both great guys. I was fortunate enough to meet Dean when I was up his way this past summer. My wife and I also attended the Nevada Cast Bullet Shoot this spring and we met MANY members there. That was a real blast and I urge anyone that is reasonably close to any of the gatherings to attend, you will be glad you did. Bruce B., NVcurmudgen, Onceabull, Obssd , Buckshot, Harter66, Quilbilly , as well as many others that I can't think of right now were there, and they are all wonderfull people. One day I would like to meet some our Australian and New Zealand brothers, just think how much fun it would be to make fun of their accents and funny hats!!! Another fun thing would be to put Run, btroj, and gear all in a big closed room, each one armed with only a slingshot and their left over lube experiments. Heck, we could sell tickets to that and make a bunch of money for the sight. I guess while it's on my mind I wouldn't mind at all sitting around a campfire with Waksupi, Bill Weddle, sixshot, ah what the heck, all of you I guess. JW

Garyshome
12-17-2013, 12:17 PM
It would be one of those guys with the big hat. I like hats!

Jim Flinchbaugh
12-17-2013, 02:30 PM
I couldn't pick just one. I could pick certain ones for certain reasons, but to narrow it down as
my last day alive & I could pick one? That be tough.

I'd be all up for a MT, Idaho Wyoming type rendezvous though.
I've already google mapped Runfiver's town to see how far away it is :)

mold maker
12-17-2013, 03:00 PM
I've already been lucky enough to meet several, and couldn't, for the life of me, pick less than 2 doz more.

waksupi
12-17-2013, 06:19 PM
I couldn't pick just one. I could pick certain ones for certain reasons, but to narrow it down as
my last day alive & I could pick one? That be tough.

I'd be all up for a MT, Idaho Wyoming type rendezvous though.
I've already google mapped Runfiver's town to see how far away it is :)

Third weekend in May, Idaho Hill Road at Marion. DeanD and I will be there, maybe more.

shooter93
12-17-2013, 07:23 PM
Make it easy.....pick a nice week and have all 20,000 plus members invade some town for a week....lol. (Ric I'm sure would cook)

MtGun44
12-17-2013, 08:33 PM
What state is Marion in? Give us flatlanders a hint! :-)

I may make that. Shooting or just jawing?

Bill

waksupi
12-17-2013, 08:35 PM
What state is Marion in? Give us flatlanders a hint! :-)

I may make that. Shooting or just jawing?

Bill

Marion, Montana, about 20 miles west of Kalispell. Spring rendezvous, and the Montana Fur Trappers Association are joining us this next spring. Shooting, jawing, and all kinds of fun stuff. I'll post a more complete description once I have a flier.

MT Gianni
12-17-2013, 10:34 PM
Very true JD, meeting any member is good.

I am one of the few who is actually related to another member. I have had the pleasure of meeting m hicks and 35 Remington.

I would like to host a get together for the members near Omaha. PM me if interested.

I introduced my brother to casting and both he and a nephew are signed up though they rarely post.

reloader28
12-18-2013, 11:09 AM
WOW that Flathead lake looks HUGE.

waksupi
12-18-2013, 12:13 PM
WOW that Flathead lake looks HUGE.

It is, largest fresh water lake west of the Great Lakes. I'm just off the north west corner a couple miles.

Bad Water Bill
12-18-2013, 12:30 PM
Just googled yur toun

Which one of them 6 T Ps is yourn?:kidding:

nhrifle
12-18-2013, 12:33 PM
Flathead Lake is also one of the most beautiful bodies of water I have ever seen. My wife and I started in Missoula and traveled up the western side of the lake on our way to Glacier National Park. The Bison Range is on the way and is definitely worth seeing. The week we spent in Hungry Horse was hands down the best week of my life.

fatnhappy
12-18-2013, 12:38 PM
I'd would have liked to meet Joe Licht before he passed away. By the time I got done with him he'd wish he was dead. I'll settle for 15 minutes with Colbyjack.

Even God hates thieves.

cbrick
12-18-2013, 01:02 PM
Flathead Lake is also one of the most beautiful bodies of water I have ever seen. My wife and I started in Missoula and traveled up the western side of the lake on our way to Glacier National Park. The Bison Range is on the way and is definitely worth seeing. The week we spent in Hungry Horse was hands down the best week of my life.

No doubt, the entire area is simply breath taking. It's not something that can described, it has to be seen to be believed.

Rick

Jim Flinchbaugh
12-18-2013, 01:21 PM
Third weekend in May, Idaho Hill Road at Marion. DeanD and I will be there, maybe more.

Is that at Hazukas place?

MtGun44
12-18-2013, 01:24 PM
Just thinkin' May could be pretty chilly and muddy in those parts. Is summer even getting
started then? Where I go in Wyoming is still pretty snowy and all in July, but we are above
10,000 ft there, maybe Kalispell and such are a lot lower.

Bill

waksupi
12-18-2013, 04:37 PM
Is that at Hazukas place?

No, but just across the road. The driveway back to the shoot is right next to the power station.
Yes, the weather can be interesting, anything from sunny and 70, to snow!

PS, mud isn't a consideration. Think ROCKY Mountains!

bearcove
12-18-2013, 10:41 PM
I would like to meet the member that has, a fishing spot with big fish that taste great, fight hard, in a beautiful place.

Know a few but...

bearcove
12-18-2013, 10:44 PM
I would like to meet the member that has, a fishing spot with big fish that taste great, fight hard, in a beautiful place.

Know a few but...

waksupi
12-19-2013, 02:52 AM
Want to fish? This is my old boss from Serengeti Rifles. He now is an outfitter on Flathead Lake. Let me know, I can hook you up with him. This guy used to be a tournament fisher on the Great Lakes many years ago, and is absolutely a fish whisperer!

Newtire
12-19-2013, 07:52 AM
We need some sort of a get-together where we can show up and have a good time for a day or two.

I'd like to meet a bunch of you fellas. And gals, too. I want to see Joni Lynn's mauser in person - and Joni Lynn, too, of
course.

BillOnce a year in Winnemucca is lots of fun! Ya can't meet just one-sorry, not in the rules.

gkainz
12-19-2013, 01:39 PM
I would like to meet gkainz ... maybe he can tell me where he put my car keys last night?
I'm so busy chasing my tail that I get glimpses of my backside leaving the room as I enter it.

Shuz
12-19-2013, 02:18 PM
I feel very fortunate to have met a few of the folks on this board in person, and I have several others whom I've kept in touch with by e-mail, altho we've never met face to face. As I approach Christmas, I take comfort in knowing that I'll meet all of my Christian brothers and sisters from this board in Heaven some day. Remember, Jesus is the reason for the season!

454PB
12-19-2013, 02:33 PM
It is, largest fresh water lake west of the Great Lakes. I'm just off the north west corner a couple miles.

That must be surface area. Point of interest: When full, Canyon Ferry Reservoir holds 2 million acre feet of water, and Fort Peck holds 18.4 million acre feet. http://www.nwo.usace.army.mil/Media/FactSheets/FactSheetArticleView/tabid/2034/Article/2820/fort-peck-project-statistics.aspx Flathead holds 1.2 million acre feet. http://www.pplmontana.com/producing+power/power+plants/Kerr+Dam.htm

waksupi
12-19-2013, 04:44 PM
That must be surface area. Point of interest: When full, Canyon Ferry Reservoir holds 2 million acre feet of water, and Fort Peck holds 18.4 million acre feet. http://www.nwo.usace.army.mil/Media/FactSheets/FactSheetArticleView/tabid/2034/Article/2820/fort-peck-project-statistics.aspx Flathead holds 1.2 million acre feet. http://www.pplmontana.com/producing+power/power+plants/Kerr+Dam.htm

Ft. Peck and Canyon Ferry are impoundments. Flathead Lake is dammed, raising the level approximately 10 feet at full pool. So, it is pretty large in it's own right, dam or not.

KCSO
12-19-2013, 04:52 PM
Just came back from deer camp and thought how nice it would be to share the tipi with Waksupi, maybe someday.

popper
12-19-2013, 06:24 PM
Recluse - check on the old homestead in Olathe - better have a good GPS. New freeways everywhere. What's wrong with Bryant's BBQ - the old one that is (new one is terrible). KC area would be a good location, I'd call btoj when the wife goes to visit her HS buddies in Madison. If we chose Ak, I'd (maybe) be able to wrangle her to take that one. It's a long drive though, She doesn't fly.

I'd like to meet the NSA sucker that's doing over-run attacks on this website.

cbrick
12-19-2013, 07:12 PM
I think if measured in shore line and not acre feet of water Flathead most likely is the largest lake west of the great Lakes. Acre feet of water will tell you volume, miles of shore line will tell you size.

Rick

454PB
12-19-2013, 11:02 PM
Fort Peck has 1520 miles of shoreline.

GT27
12-19-2013, 11:15 PM
All great folks here,but 1 comes to mind in particular,took me under his wing for information,and moral support,and advice on this forum... swheeler has been a true friend here to me since day 1,heck of a good guy! GT27

Doc Highwall
12-19-2013, 11:20 PM
As I was reading this thread with the names thinking about the names that were mentioned and the next post would mention another name confusing the thinking that was going on in my head that it could not be narrowed down to just one person. Talk about a cruel and unusual punishment.

bayjoe
12-19-2013, 11:26 PM
Hard to pick just one but I think it would be great to set down with Goodsteel and Larry Gibson to pick their brains. Since I have joined the forum they have always posted with old school manners. My opinion these two guys are a class act.

Doc Highwall
12-19-2013, 11:28 PM
How about meeting different members for their expertise on a particular subject like Kenny W for blackpowder cartridge rifle and paperpatching.

btroj
12-19-2013, 11:32 PM
That works Doc.

My entire purpose was to see what makes people tick. What makes a guy enjoy posts from another person? Is it knowledge? Background? Something else?

MtGun44
12-19-2013, 11:37 PM
Get me an address in Olathe, I'll take a photo for you.

Bill

Just Duke
12-20-2013, 12:06 AM
smokeywolf, moose, G-steel, Balkan, Smally

waksupi
12-20-2013, 12:19 AM
Fort Peck has 1520 miles of shoreline.

It takes a darn sight longer to fly the length of Ft. Peck, than Flathead, that's for sure!

btroj
12-20-2013, 08:42 AM
How did I leave Char-gar off my short list? I like no nonsense, straight talking guys who aren't afraid to speak their minds. He may be a southerner but I won't hold that against him.

popper
12-20-2013, 11:45 AM
Sturgis anyone? Different time of course. I did read about a comp. shoot at Lee Summit - might lend itself to a gathering & shoot for flatlanders.

quilbilly
12-20-2013, 02:39 PM
Just make sure it doesn't conflict with NCBS. I might have to take ten days off. Just how much ammunition would I have to load for two events? Hmmmmm!

JWFilips
12-20-2013, 06:35 PM
OK, If I were to meet this person face to face I think my curiosity has got me beat ....I just have to see if this guy looks like this for real....What do you say Rick?

cbrick
12-20-2013, 07:59 PM
Sadly I have since that photo lost some of that fine head of hair.

Rick

AlaskanGuy
12-20-2013, 08:47 PM
I hear ya bearcove... :)

JWFilips
12-21-2013, 11:06 AM
Sadly I have since that photo lost some of that fine head of hair.

Rick

You really could add a lot to that "Bacon Grease" thread :mrgreen: