PDA

View Full Version : 200 BP rounds in 30-30

corvette8n
11-24-2007, 12:10 PM
I got about 200 rounds of 30-30 loaded with real black powder from a guy at work, I tried breaking this down, pulled the bullet but the powder is compressed and won't come out, so I guess my choice is to shoot the stuff. Other than cleaning the Win 94 like a muzzleloader anything else I need to know, is this going to get in the works of the gun and mess it up.?

Dorf
11-24-2007, 06:41 PM
I'll see if I can get thru this time. If I were you, I'd shoot them. If the powder is compressed, it would appear tha the guy knew what he was doing with bp (i.e. no space between the powder and projectile). I made up a few to try a few months ago and they seemed to be OK with no contamination of the action of the rifle. I would however, use hot water to clean the barrell afterwards. Hope this helps. Stan

C A Plater
11-24-2007, 11:55 PM
You can send them to me. I'll empty them for you. ;)

w30wcf
11-25-2007, 10:02 PM
corvette8n,
If it's good quality b.p. and the bullets contain a b.p. type lube (SPG; Lyman B.P. Gold; etc.) the .30-30 doesn't work too bad at all with b.p.

I've shot b.p. .30-30's and had no fouling get back into the action. Easiest way to clean the barrel is to fire a few smokeless rounds after the b.p. :-D

Have fuunnn!

w30wcf

qajaq59
12-02-2007, 09:26 AM
Black powder in the Winchester 94? I never thought about doing that, but it does sound interesting. One of you guys want to talk about that a bit? Such as what load, which cast bullet, what the balistics would be like? It sounds like it would make interesting reading and I'll learn something new.

IcerUSA
12-02-2007, 11:26 AM
One of the guys at work said to try BP in my 32 Win Spl , he said to fill the case and compress it with the boolit , haven't tried it yet tho , too many other projects going but you never know . :)

Haven't used BP before so that helps to detour the adventure also as I wouldn't know which to use in it . I'm sure someone here has some info on it tho as the boys here are well versified in things that go BOOM . :)

Keith