PDA

View Full Version : GE Range service manuals or schematics?

Revolver
12-15-2013, 12:16 PM
I have a very basic GE Electric Range in my garage, model JBS10DFBB. Suddentl the "Oven Cycle" indictator goes out if I turn it up to over 250 degrees. Additionally the light inside the oven won't function when over 250 degrees.

The oven iitself still appears to work above 250, I have two thermometers inside of it and they both indicate proper temperature when I set it at 300.

I've been wheeling this unit around on a pallet jack for about 6 months so I'm suspecting something is simply loose from being bounced around a bit. Last time I used it it worked fine.

It seems like I used to easily be able to find appliance service manuals and schematics online but I'm not having much luck. If anyone can point me to a service manual or offer advice that would be great. I suppose as a last resort I can just tear into it and start troubleshooting blindly.

monge
12-15-2013, 12:23 PM
TRY repairClinic.com they have parts and help diagnose.

MaryB
12-15-2013, 11:42 PM
http://www.appliancerepair.net/ge-oven-stove-repair.html

Some possible guesses are loose connections, corroded connections from being in the garage and temperature/humidity cycles, not knowing the exact model makes it hard to look at a schematic and see what else could be in the circuit. Could be a simple door switch issue.