PDA

View Full Version : A suprise

shooter93
12-14-2013, 08:10 PM
I was at the hospital the other day getting the pre admission tests done and what did I see in the magazine rack in the waiting areas????.....NRA publications.....wow!

DRNurse1
12-14-2013, 08:51 PM
Were they redacted? Just sayin'.

bhn22
12-14-2013, 10:19 PM
LOL! Back when my wife was in the hospital a lot, I'd take gun mags to the waiting rooms, and leave them behind in case some other poor schmuck was stuck there, and couldn't stand the idea of even one more five year old "Readers Digest".

375supermag
12-15-2013, 09:14 AM
Hi...

My thoracic surgeon has several different gun and shooting sports magazines in his waiting room.
He didn't put them there (I asked), but he always talks to me about hunting and shooting(although he apparently does neither).
He is about the only doctor that I can think of that has them. Around here most have really old People magazines or none at all.

imashooter2
12-15-2013, 09:25 AM
I always leave the ones I take behind. Any easy way to spread the word.

w5pv
12-15-2013, 09:52 AM
I take mine to the VA clinic,reason I haven't went to the digital on line NRA.

beagle
12-15-2013, 10:04 AM
I still do that and I know the guys appreciate them. Nothing like a waiting room with all kinds of touchy feeley magazines in it/beagle

bhn22
12-15-2013, 11:20 AM
Yeah, people feel bad enough already. Give some poor guy an escape.

WILCO
12-15-2013, 12:54 PM
Any easy way to spread the word.

+1 on this!

myg30
12-15-2013, 01:08 PM
This is a great way for me to get rid of my old gun magazines. Thank you for the idea. I'll take them and leave 1 or 2 at the different Dr's offices !
Got to love it , Mike

farmallcrew
12-15-2013, 03:39 PM
I'm not the age of frequenting the doc's office or hospital yet (thank goodness, but ill get there some day) but when i go to the dentist or eye doctor, they usually have NRA or some kind of hunting magazine. If its a new dentist or eye doc and they don't have hunting magazines or NRA media out in the waiting room, first question i ask them after the good day salutations, is "do you support the 2nd Amendment?" they say yes, i say, ill leave a hunting magazine for the next hunter to look at while hes waiting. Have the office girls make note how many times people look at the magazine. Next time i went in to the eye doc, there was a Shooting Times, and Bowhunter magazine there. The eye doctor thanked me, and i said welllll we do live in the mountains there are plenty of rednecks and country folk that come here since you are in town and we can get supplies. He laughed, i looked at him funny and thought to myself, "Yuppie" lol.

But yes all in all i believe that doctor offices and such should have a diverse reading assortment. I don't care about Sports Illustrated, just swimsuit edition, so i don't care what Tiger Woods or Tony Stewart are crying about this week.