PDA

View Full Version : 358156HP for coyote's

randy_68
12-12-2013, 01:29 PM
I bought this mold off Ebay a while back and have casted up about 50 boolits with it. However my pin is very loose and I had some flashing around the hole plus the the hole was slightly off center. I am in the process of making a new pin for it so I can cast up some more as I would like to try these out on a coyote or two. These will be shot out of a Marlin 1894cs using .357 brass. I figure plain ww with a little tin should work ok. I do have some pure lead if I need to mix it with ww

Have any of you guys used these in a Marlin for coyotes and how did they do?

My normal hunting boolit is a Noe 180wfn but I want to try these hp's out if I can get good accuracy out of them. Have not had a chance to shoot them yet.. Not interested in saving the fur.

harley45
12-12-2013, 03:32 PM
Not on coyote but have shot 2 feral dogs with mine so far out of a 4 inch gun cast from 50/50 WW-pure they worked perfect. And before everyone yells at me for shooting Lassie, ever see how much damage a feral wild dog can do to a chicken coop?

joesig
12-12-2013, 04:02 PM
And before everyone yells at me for shooting Lassie, ever see how much damage a feral wild dog can do to a chicken coop?
YES! Now I keep bees! A HP would have been cheaper.

Larry Gibson
12-12-2013, 05:14 PM
I've shot a couple 'yote's with that 358156 HP (HP'd with 1/8" Forster tool) out of a contender 10" barrel. Was pushing them at 1510 fps with H110. Sorry, don't recall the alloy (either COWWs + 2% tin and then mixed 50/50 with lead or 16-1 lead-tin alloy) but they killed the coyotes with 1 shot each and the exit indicated excellent expansion. That would also be my bullet/load of choice for a lever action. Definitely will do a damn damn on 'yote.

Larry Gibson