PDA

View Full Version : My dog shown in my avtar, Belle , died yesterday.

Mumblypeg
12-11-2013, 11:32 PM
I buried Belle yesterday. She was 13 and a half years old. She has had heart problems for a while. They are all special, some more than others. She was unusual. When she was a puppy, two small deer would come up in the yard to play with her. My wife wanted a cat and I told her and so did everyone else, that Blue healers didn't like cats. But we got one anyway. Belle took right to the cat. They became best friends. We always said that the cat belonged to the dog. One morning I went to let Belle out of her pen and I heard the neighbor's dogs barking and my cat meow in the woods about 70 yards away. As I opened the pen I told Belle that I thought the neighbor's dog had her cat. She didn't even stop to pee but went strait toward the ruckus in the woods. Out of sight of me there was some barking as Belle entered the woods then it became quite. I stood astonished thinking that there was no way that dog knew what I said. In a few minuets Belle came out of the woods and about 10 yards behind her was the cat. I would not have believed it had I not seen it myself. Another time I was working a fence line and she found a small fawn down in the creek away from me. I was afraid she would kill it a yelled at her to let it go.... she did. She just wanted to play with it. I don't think she had a mean bone in her body unless it was in self defense. She never started a fight but would end them if need be. Another neighbor had several dogs that would come out and try to bite her when we walked down the road. She wouldn't pay them any attention until they got too close then she would run them back to there yards. She never showed pain even when she got bit and I wouldn't know she was hurt until I saw blood. She would bark but liked everybody if they were my friends. She did have a couple of bad points. I could never break her from barking at the 4 wheeler, the tractor and the lawn mower when I was on then and it was a high pitched bark that would hurt your ears but she was just excited and wanted to run with them. I say these things in honor of her and I thank all of you for your time.... she was a good dog. And yes, she would sit there with ear muffs on when I would shoot.

fortysomething
12-12-2013, 12:13 AM
Condolences. It is never easy losing a best friend and part of the family.

L1A1Rocker
12-12-2013, 12:23 AM
They really are part of the family. It's really hard to say goodby.

dsbock
12-12-2013, 12:27 AM
I'm sorry for your loss.

We had to put my girl Brena to sleep on November 19. She wasn't even nine years old. She had a very aggressive splenic toumor.

Dogs are like our children. People who have never loved a dog can't understand the pain we go through when we lose them.

Thank you for sharing your memories of Belle with us.

David

Bad Water Bill
12-12-2013, 01:29 AM
At this moment she is sitting there at the rainbow bridge, patiently as usual, waiting for you.

DRNurse1
12-12-2013, 03:05 AM
Peace and prayers sent your way

buckwheatpaul
12-12-2013, 08:30 AM
I am so sorry that Belle is gone....dogs, we call them our puppy children....are special.....

TheCelt
12-12-2013, 08:32 AM
Condolences on your loss, Belle sounds like she was a cut above to be sure.

fishhawk
12-12-2013, 08:38 AM
I am so sorry that Belle is gone....dogs, we call them our puppy children....are special.....

Just "fur kids" sorry for the loss

missionary5155
12-12-2013, 08:39 AM
Good morning
We do get attached. When God made dogs He sure had us in mind.
Mike in Peru

Hamish
12-12-2013, 08:42 AM
Thank you for telling us about her, very sorry to hear she's gone.

w5pv
12-12-2013, 09:58 AM
Sorry for your lose,I always believed that a man should own at least one exceptionally dog for his companion.

Teddy (punchie)
12-12-2013, 10:06 AM
Yes so sorry for loosing your buddy!!

square butte
12-12-2013, 10:12 AM
Hope she is there waiting for you when the time comes.

jcwit
12-12-2013, 10:32 AM
Thanks for sharing with us, Sorry for your loss.

Mumblypeg
12-12-2013, 01:55 PM
Hope she is there waiting for you when the time comes.

If that is so.... without question.... she will be there. She was always at the car door when I opened it after pulling in the driveway. Thank you all for the kind words.... Being Dog Men, I knew you would understand!

John Allen
12-12-2013, 01:59 PM
Sorry to hear this loosing a dog is tough

Dutch Spencer
12-12-2013, 02:01 PM
Sorry for you loss...........sounds like you have good memories to live with. Just joined the forum this morning but it's good to see both dog loving and gun loving folks on the forum.

Reverend Al
12-12-2013, 02:01 PM
Sorry for your loss, I always believed that a man should own at least one exceptionally dog for his companion.

Sorry for your loss too Mumblypeg. I was lucky enough to have my one truly "exceptional" furry buddy with my last German Shorthaired Pointer "Jake". I lost him 1 1/2 years ago and I still miss him every single day ... but I have many wonderful memories of the times we shared together. Hope your wonderful memories of Belle will help to soften your grief too.

Bo1
12-12-2013, 02:04 PM
I'm sorry,
I had to do the same thing this past year, and was one of the toughest things I had ever done...

Those are great memories with a great friend...
Bo

Swamp Man
12-12-2013, 02:11 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss.

YunGun
12-12-2013, 02:22 PM
My condolences as well - They really do become a part of the family, just kids with fur & 4 legs.

357maximum
12-12-2013, 02:52 PM
I can say nothing to make you feel better, sorry for your loss and I feel your pain are about as close as I can get.

I look forward to seeing all my 4 legged frinds again someday , some I have lost and some that I have yet to lose. If Dogs do not go to Heaven I do not wanna go there either as I normally get along better with dogs than I do with most people.

Trey45
12-12-2013, 03:00 PM
Every once in a while a truly great dog comes along that we never forget. I am sorry for your loss.

smokeywolf
12-12-2013, 04:44 PM
We are truly blessed to have our canine pets/partners/children with us, albeit for such a short time. They occupy a place in our life and in our heart that few other critters can, and fill a void that many folks don't even realize exists until they happen on that first one that connects with them and completes them like no other critter ever has.
Over the last 18 years, I have been fortunate enough to have had Sammy, Smokey and Timber. We lost Smokey to a dognapper and Sammy to old age. Timber (The Goofy Wolf) still occupies a place in our family that for us, only a wolfdog can.
Sammy, our first wolfdog, rests just outside our bedroom window, and although he passed on 7 years ago, we still say goodnight to him when we turn in.

It is impossibly heart wrenching to lose them, but unimaginable to have lived without them.

Take refuge from the pain of her absence in the memories of her life with you.

My heartfelt condolences,

smokeywolf

tuckerdog
12-13-2013, 08:11 PM
Lost my boy this morning. we hunted and fished together for 9 years. small sounds and hand gestures were all that was needed even around people. I feel your pain brother.

DeanWinchester
12-13-2013, 08:55 PM
I'm so sorry.
I know I think more of my dog than I do most humans.
God actually sat down and custom designed dogs specifically for man. I tell people,its not coincidence that dog is god spelled backwards.

TSande130
12-14-2013, 04:15 PM
My condolences to you, hope you get to feeling better quicker than I did when I lost mine. It's hard, and some people just don't get it. You have many wonderful memories, thank you for sharing a few with us. God bless.

2AMMD
12-14-2013, 05:51 PM
Nothing anyone says can help, but understand that many of us know how you feel. We wish we could help, but caring is all we can offer.
2AMMD

Gibbs44
12-15-2013, 11:10 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss, you're blessed to have had a good one.

Wal'
12-16-2013, 12:27 AM
Never owned a Blue Healer, but many friends did, wonderful dogs & companions, have always felt my dogs had that special something as yours seemed to have, sorry he's gone, but as stated, left you with many good memories.