PDA

View Full Version : Gun Room

dromia
11-23-2007, 04:34 AM
Thought some of you might be interested in this post of my new gun room.

Here's a link to the post on the Military Rifle site I administrate on, I would have posted it here but I'm limited to only 8 images so thought the link might be better.

http://milsurpafterhours.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=4327&start=0

45nut
11-23-2007, 05:26 AM
very impressive, man cave if I ever saw one.

jawjaboy
11-23-2007, 05:56 AM
very impressive, man cave if I ever saw one.

Agreed +1.

Blackhawk Convertable
11-23-2007, 08:21 AM
Sniff, Sniff, That's beautiful man...

The only thing I didn't see was a dehumidifier. Remember the magic window is 40-60% RH. Don't want rust, ya know.

Black Wolf
11-23-2007, 09:20 AM
I have a couple of questions as I've been considering building one in my basement - currently building a new home.

1. What is behind the dry wall? Did you use block and rebarb?
2. Where do you get a steel door like that? It looks like you have a door that opens in and one that opens out. Interesting.
3. What's the chicken wire behind the gun racks for?

Note: Smart idea of putting the security alarm boxes in that room so they don't get tampered with. Another idea I was considering.

USARO4
11-23-2007, 09:42 AM
Nice Dromia, I could hang out with you. I'm curious though, I was under the impression you Brits didn't have the "Right to Keep and Bear Arms" that us Yanks enjoy. I was under the impression that even owning an air gun was restricted?

Scrounger
11-23-2007, 10:22 AM
A nice beginning. I say beginning because now you start seeing all the "mistakes" you made, the "I should have done it this way" thoughts. Been there, done that. I've heard it said on building houses that you have to build 5 of them before you work out all the bugs and get everything just right. That's life. Enjoy what you have, it's better than most in your area.

monadnock#5
11-23-2007, 11:19 AM
So where's the link for your catalog and terms of service? You carry more stock than the four gun shops within 25 miles of my house. I won't say yours is the nicest setup I've seen, but definately in the top three. Congratulations on a job well thought out and implemented.

HollandNut
11-23-2007, 12:05 PM
Nice very nice :drinks:

MT Gianni
11-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Great room and pictures. I am reminded of the young lad that was taken by his father to Jack O'Conners house and given by the late Mr O'Conner a tour. They went through sheep rooms, African rooms, N. & S. American rooms and when it was over he asked the young man what he thought. The reply was, "Gee, you don't fish much do you." Nice collection, sir. Gianni