PDA

View Full Version : Surgery in the morning

Recluse
12-11-2013, 11:43 AM
All the tests and blood-drawing and speculation and scans and pictures and MRIs and guestimations have been done and now it's time to go inside the guts and start taking stuff out. That'll happen Thursday morning.

We did receive some very welcoming good news for a change, but I'm going to wait until after the surgery and biopsies are done and the results are back to share.

But I will say it looks a whole lot better than it did just a week ago.

The prayers, PMs, positive thoughts and such are more appreciated than you folks will ever know.

:coffee:

sparky45
12-11-2013, 11:46 AM
You're still in my prayers Brother and fear not the Lord WILL guide the hands and knowledge involved with your procedure.

blackthorn
12-11-2013, 11:52 AM
Prayers and best wishes from our house to you and yours!

theperfessor
12-11-2013, 12:25 PM
Best wishes for a successful procedure and a quick recovery.

bhn22
12-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Godspeed, brother. We're pulling for you.

youngda9
12-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Prayers for you on the way !

smoked turkey
12-11-2013, 01:01 PM
It is always good when those doing the work are satisfied as to what needs to be done. It is also good to know the Great Physician is also at work guiding the whole thing. I pray that His continued guidance will be on each and every person doing the procedure and that the outcome will be total and complete removal of all that is causing the problem and that the healing process can begin. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. I along with others will await the good results that I know are coming.

w5pv
12-11-2013, 01:08 PM
Prayers for you and family for successful surgery and recovery.

David2011
12-11-2013, 01:33 PM
Thoughts and prayers with you. We need all of the ill-tempered Texans we can muster until we get this country straightened out!

David

Sweetpea
12-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Prayers for you and the doctors.

Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Brandon

Sweetpea
12-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Prayers for you and the doctors.

Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Brandon

farmerjim
12-11-2013, 01:55 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. May the lord guide the hands of your surgeons.

gray wolf
12-11-2013, 02:12 PM
The prayers, PMs, positive thoughts and such are more appreciated than you folks will ever know.
Lets keep them coming folks.
My prayers are offered up for you and your family JD. Julie and I are praying that you have a full recovery. Please get well soon.

Sam & Julie

gray wolf
12-11-2013, 02:12 PM
Lets keep them coming folks.
My prayers are offered up for you and your family JD. Julie and I are praying that you have a full recovery. Please get well soon.

Sam & Julie

snuffy
12-11-2013, 02:19 PM
Here's for complete removal of the adrenal tumor and it's benign, not cancerous. Hang in there JD, we need your continued calming posts, or hell raisers if needed.[smilie=1:

gbrown
12-11-2013, 02:27 PM
Thoughts and prayers for you and your family. Hopefully, it will be a quick recovery. Modern techniques are a blessing if not a miracle. Speedy recovery, bud. Keep the faith!

Goatwhiskers
12-11-2013, 02:28 PM
Been sending one up every day for ya. I have full confidence that the Great Healer will guide the surgeons to a good outcome. I figure it'll take a day or so for you to wake up enough to let us know how things are, we'll be anxiously waiting. GW

Crash_Corrigan
12-11-2013, 02:38 PM
I had all the tests, alphabet scans and a diagnosis of a partially block heart artery etc. They scheduled an Angioplasty for 3 weeks time. My wife and our church starting praying and they never stopped for the entire period time.

On the big day they gave me a mild sedative of some type and they cut into my right leg in the groin area and went about their business. In spite of all the test, pictures, scans and other tests there should have been a blockage in the right anterior area of the heart. They found nothing. It had upped and disappeared all by itself. I accused the doctor of needing the money for this unnecessary procedure so he could buy new tires for his BMW.

He laughed out loud and said he had a Audi not a BMW and his tires were fine. I then put forward the power of prayer and explained that a large number of people had been praying for me since the procedure was scheduled. The doctor agreed as there was no explanation for the mysterious disappearance of the blockage of a coronary blood supply after all the tests indicated that there was one and that a procedure was necessary.

They had been ready to do a coronary bypass etc if the blockage could not be opened by the procedure and they had told me that beforehand so I would be prepared to wake up in a recovery room in a day or two. My wife had been very concerned and got together a prayer team for my benefit at our Church.

It worked. That was in '03 and I have enjoyed excellent heart health since those days. I believe in the power of prayer. I am here because of it.

So yes, Recluse you are in my prayers and I am calling my Wife to do the same.

Crash_Corrigan
12-11-2013, 02:39 PM
I had all the tests, alphabet scans and a diagnosis of a partially block heart artery etc. They scheduled an Angioplasty for 3 weeks time. My wife and our church starting praying and they never stopped for the entire period time.

On the big day they gave me a mild sedative of some type and they cut into my right leg in the groin area and went about their business. In spite of all the test, pictures, scans and other tests there should have been a blockage in the right anterior area of the heart. They found nothing. It had upped and disappeared all by itself. I accused the doctor of needing the money for this unnecessary procedure so he could buy new tires for his BMW.

He laughed out loud and said he had a Audi not a BMW and his tires were fine. I then put forward the power of prayer and explained that a large number of people had been praying for me since the procedure was scheduled. The doctor agreed as there was no explanation for the mysterious disappearance of the blockage of a coronary blood supply after all the tests indicated that there was one and that a procedure was necessary.

They had been ready to do a coronary bypass etc if the blockage could not be opened by the procedure and they had told me that beforehand so I would be prepared to wake up in a recovery room in a day or two. My wife had been very concerned and got together a prayer team for my benefit at our Church.

It worked. That was in '03 and I have enjoyed excellent heart health since those days. I believe in the power of prayer. I am here because of it.

So yes, Recluse you are in my prayers and I am calling my Wife to do the same.

BruceB
12-11-2013, 04:16 PM
Well, it's now late morning.

Anxiously awaiting news here, and expecting to hear that all the thoughts and prayers have helped in producing the proper results.

Best wishes for that outcome, and a quick and complete recovery. It would be the very best of Christmas presents!

GT27
12-11-2013, 04:46 PM
Prayers sent your way Recluse,trust in his name,for he is a merciful and mighty God! You will be fine,just have faith brother!

buckwheatpaul
12-11-2013, 06:12 PM
May God hold you in the palm of his hands....you have my prayers!

forfun
12-11-2013, 07:31 PM
Prayers for you and your family and a quick recovery

Charlie Two Tracks
12-11-2013, 07:41 PM
I prayed for your successful surgery and that you would know just how much God loves you....

Wayne Smith
12-11-2013, 07:44 PM
Continuing to pray for your recovery and for the doctors who are doing the work.

country gent
12-11-2013, 07:52 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family, May all go well. A speedy full recovery to you.

hardcase54
12-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Best wishes for you, JD

Dean D.
12-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Thoughts and prayers going out to you for a successful surgery and a speedy and complete recovery JD.

MT Gianni
12-11-2013, 08:39 PM
Prayers continue.

square butte
12-11-2013, 08:41 PM
Prayers sent up for you - family - and your surgeon

CastingFool
12-11-2013, 08:55 PM
praying for you right now, Recluse!

Circuit Rider
12-11-2013, 09:03 PM
Prayers sent for you and your family JD. CR

xs11jack
12-11-2013, 09:03 PM
I pray that the Lord will surround you with all the angels necessary to do the procedure and continue through a quick recovery.
Ole Jack

BNE
12-11-2013, 09:06 PM
Praying for you.

Bloodman14
12-11-2013, 09:45 PM
Praying for a full recovery, Recluse. Hang on, God is in control.

DLCTEX
12-11-2013, 10:12 PM
I have been outside the loop on this. Sounds as if the Cast Boolit family is taking care of prayers. I'm adding mine.

MtGun44
12-12-2013, 01:19 AM
Prayer sent for you, JD

Hang in there. Hope the good news is real.

Bill

nhrifle
12-12-2013, 02:18 AM
Hang in there brother, be strong. Prayers for you and those who are caring for you.

gmsharps
12-12-2013, 03:20 AM
Hang in there and beat this thing.

gmsharps

peterthevet
12-12-2013, 03:42 AM
Just saw this.......prayers and all the best from Australia, I will be thinking of you. Hang tough buddy,hang tough!!

Ramar
12-12-2013, 08:41 AM
Prayers are a coming....
Ramar

fishhawk
12-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Does any one have any news to report on JD?

Recluse
12-12-2013, 06:00 PM
Mrs. JD here. He's out of surgery; the doctors said it went fine. They have him on a dilaudid IV as the pain is severe, which was expected. No complications but we will not know the biopsy results for a few days but his surgeon is not worried. In fact, they'll be sending him home late tonight or early tomorrow morning. Thank you all for the prayers and supports. I have seen this family here pull him through several tough times, even when he acts like a *******. I can say that because I am his wife. :)

square butte
12-12-2013, 06:05 PM
Well spoken Mrs. J.D. - And thanks for the update

12-12-2013, 06:09 PM
Best wishes and good luck. Prayers.

w5pv
12-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the up date prayers be with you and recluse

Dean D.
12-12-2013, 06:30 PM
Thank you sincerely for the update Mrs. JD! Best wishes for a rapid and complete recovery JD.

snuffy
12-12-2013, 06:38 PM
PRAISE BE TO GOD! He IS on the job, we can never doubt that.

Thanks Mrs. JD, we were all holding him up to the Lord and holding our breath. Well, we're human after all-----. Now we can breath.

MT Gianni
12-12-2013, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the update. Speaking solely for my self most us of act like *******'s occasionally. Thanks for putting up with us.

Sweetpea
12-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the update. Speaking solely for my self most us of act like *******'s occasionally. Thanks for putting up with us.

I'll include myself in that rowboat...

smoked turkey
12-12-2013, 08:06 PM
Funny how our wives know us better than anyone else. Yes I think the shoe fits all of us some of the time. So glad to hear the report. We will be praying that the test results will be more good news.

smokeywolf
12-12-2013, 08:25 PM
Mrs. JD, Thanks for the update, from the smokeywolf family. We hope his pain diminishes soon.

waksupi
12-12-2013, 08:37 PM
Sounding good, and glad he is coming home!
Thanks for the update!

Ramar
12-12-2013, 08:42 PM
Behind every good man there's a great woman!
Thanks for the update and prayers will continue...
Ramar

gray wolf
12-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Thank you so much for the Up-date, We will say more prayers for his recovery.
******* ? I guess I can dunk my foot in that water bowl.

Sam and Julie

gbrown
12-12-2013, 09:40 PM
Mrs. JD here. He's out of surgery; the doctors said it went fine. They have him on a dilaudid IV as the pain is severe, which was expected. No complications but we will not know the biopsy results for a few days but his surgeon is not worried. In fact, they'll be sending him home late tonight or early tomorrow morning. Thank you all for the prayers and supports. I have seen this family here pull him through several tough times, even when he acts like a *******. I can say that because I am his wife. :)

Thank you for the update, Ma'am. If you would and have time, please keep us updated as to the progress, as there are many of us who are concerned. Our prayers are with ya'll.

Artful
12-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Thanks for keeping us in the loop, let us know if you or he need anything - tell him to take it easy as we get older it seems to take more effort and time to heal.

MtGun44
12-12-2013, 09:56 PM
It is good to have an update, and it sounds like good news - although that isn't
entirely clear yet.
Another pray for best results.

Bill

btroj
12-12-2013, 09:59 PM

He fits in because of this.......

John Allen
12-12-2013, 10:23 PM
Glad to hear this. Heres hoping for a quick recovery

OBIII
12-13-2013, 12:40 AM
I can tell that JD will be in capable hands after reading his Wife's post. Mend well and soon, JD, we miss ya! Prayers for a speedy recovery.
OB

Bzcraig
12-13-2013, 12:56 AM
Thank you for the update and we will continue to pray for J.D. We have been pullin and prayin but you ma'am have been in the trench with him.....well done!

MaryB
12-13-2013, 01:31 AM
Prayers for a fast recovery, and now I know who is in charge of it :mrgreen:

Lloyd Smale
12-13-2013, 07:48 AM
my prayers are wiht you my friend.

Hickory
12-13-2013, 07:54 AM
I hope he goes to, and beyond ******* state as soon as possible for a full recovery.

Recluse
12-13-2013, 05:20 PM
Home. Home at last. The witch or Dorothy or whoever it was in Oz had it right--"No place like home."

The pain is beginning to subside and I'm actually up and walking around. Been away from the reloading shop for five days and am starting to get the shakes. May head out there this evening and sniff some Hoppes #9 and prep some 30-06 brass.

Right now I'm in my easy chair by the fireplace waiting on the wife to get home with some gumbo. My diet is significantly restricted, worst of it being: No chili, no BBQ, no ribs, no steak. . . nothing with red meat or a moderate amount of fat in it.

Fortunately this is only for about a week.

The doc was all smiles and said he didn't see any indications of cancer and that the chemistry levels were exactly where they should be, etc etc. Was shaking his head because that is not what the readings and tests were showing going back to September.

Prayers work. Never forget that. Thank you. Thank you so much.

Gonna spend the next three-plus weeks recuperating and use that time to finish the next book.

snuffy
12-13-2013, 05:38 PM
JD, that's the best news I've heard for a long time. Rest, then rest some more. When you feel like it, get back in the saddle. Waiting patiently for the next book. Amazing isn't it, that prayers DO work!:mrgreen:

Down South
12-13-2013, 05:57 PM
JD, I didn't know you were down until I was researching for something else and ran across this thread. Prayers are being sent. Get well soon my brother.

sparky45
12-13-2013, 06:33 PM
Home. Home at last. The witch or Dorothy or whoever it was in Oz had it right--"No place like home."

The pain is beginning to subside and I'm actually up and walking around. Been away from the reloading shop for five days and am starting to get the shakes. May head out there this evening and sniff some Hoppes #9 and prep some 30-06 brass.

Right now I'm in my easy chair by the fireplace waiting on the wife to get home with some gumbo. My diet is significantly restricted, worst of it being: No chili, no BBQ, no ribs, no steak. . . nothing with red meat or a moderate amount of fat in it.

Fortunately this is only for about a week.

The doc was all smiles and said he didn't see any indications of cancer and that the chemistry levels were exactly where they should be, etc etc. Was shaking his head because that is not what the readings and tests were showing going back to September.

Prayers work. Never forget that. Thank you. Thank you so much.

Gonna spend the next three-plus weeks recuperating and use that time to finish the next book.

Fantastic JD, no Pheochromocytoma thing going on then? If there was they musta whipped it. Take lots of recoup time and come back strong as ever.
Sparky45

Bad Water Bill
12-13-2013, 06:36 PM
That report just made my day.

Now back to work before MRS Recluse catches you on the puter.

P S Thank You Mrs Recluse for keeping us informed.

btroj
12-13-2013, 07:09 PM
Great news. Keeping the faith never hurt anyone

blackthorn
12-13-2013, 07:17 PM
Great news! We wish you a speedy and complete recovery. My wife got me a Kindle reader and set it up yesterday. The first book I got on it is your Above Reproach. I am about half way through it. Great read! Make more!!

Dean D.
12-13-2013, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the update JD! I'm very happy to hear the prognosis was a good one and you are now on the road to recovery. Don't over do things and listen to them Docs. Take care and heal up.

Pb Burner
12-13-2013, 08:38 PM
Very happy to hear this. Always like reading your posts. Keep getting better!!!

waksupi
12-13-2013, 08:44 PM
Glad your home, JD. A friend of mine had just had stitches removed from surgery today, and he joined us for coffee this afternoon. We laugh tested him with rapid fire jokes. He didn't pop open, but said he did pee his pants a little bit! Wishing you the same joy!

gbrown
12-13-2013, 10:25 PM
That's what everybody has been waiting to hear!! Great news! Get on with the recovery and don't rush. Time heals all. Our prayers are still with you.

Bad Water Bill
12-13-2013, 11:16 PM
Glad your home, JD. A friend of mine had just had stitches removed from surgery today, and he joined us for coffee this afternoon. We laugh tested him with rapid fire jokes. He didn't pop open, but said he did pee his pants a little bit! Wishing you the same joy!

Your friend may NEED Depends,but I hope JD is in better shape than that.

Bzcraig
12-13-2013, 11:39 PM
Glad your home to let the wife care for you and keep you the the strait and narrow with your diet. Heal quickly my friend.

MtGun44
12-14-2013, 01:47 AM
Great news, JD. Lots of folks praying for you, glad that He was listening.

Bounce back quickly, you need to hold down your chair here.

Did my check ever get there?

Bill

OBIII
12-14-2013, 01:53 AM
Good news for a change. Glad you are home and already chomping at the bit. Just take it a tad easy. I'll have a couple of libations for ya.
OB

smoked turkey
12-14-2013, 02:07 AM
Wonderful report. I say praise the Lord for His intervention. I am sure the juices are flowing for the new book. I agree with the others that you need to take it easy and watch that diet!

Bad Water Bill
12-14-2013, 04:51 AM
HUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM.

Remember when JD restored that pretty aircraft?

Being the creative person he is, he added a SNIFFER and an AUTO PILOT.

As soon as the plane leaves the ground the SNIFFER detects the best BBQ within 500 miles and the AUTO PILOT automatically flies JD and friends there.

Can someone sneak over there and pop those 2 circuit breakers so he can relax and enjoy things without violating the MDs orders?:bigsmyl2:

Circuit Rider
12-14-2013, 04:54 AM
Great news JD, Now listen to Mrs JD and take it easy. Your right, a good whiff of Hoppe's will clear your head. CR

Goatwhiskers
12-14-2013, 09:58 AM
Praises to He who watches over us all. JD, don't push too hard, give it a chance to heal so you'll be back at least 99%. So glad it came out well. GW

myg30
12-14-2013, 10:50 AM
I hope all our prayers have been heard. Quick and full recovery to you ! My thoughts and prayer's again.

Mike

jcwit
12-14-2013, 11:01 AM
Great news, now finish up with a full recovery.

smokeywolf
12-14-2013, 01:20 PM
Sure glad to hear that everything went even better than planned. Be sure and comply with the sawbone's orders and cooperate with the womenfolk. They have a vested interest in getting you back in front of the computer and back in front of your loading bench.

Back a couple of years ago I had to stay off meat (ALL meat) for nearly 6 months. One of my favorite meals was a giant baked potato with couple of big dollops of fat-free sour cream and about a half cup of salsa.

Again, we're real glad to know that you're home and sounding so chipper.

smokeywolf

DLCTEX
12-14-2013, 09:44 PM
All right! Way to go Lord!

slim1836
12-14-2013, 09:51 PM
Looks like it's going to be a Merry Christmas. Glad you got the good news and now let's all hope for a speedy recovery.

Welcome back,

Slim

Beau Cassidy
12-15-2013, 10:16 AM
Glad everything is OK. You will back to your old self in no time.

shdwlkr
12-16-2013, 01:08 PM
Well JD missed for some reason and very good to hear you are on the mend and that the wife is taking care of you at home.
With O'care coming into affect I wonder if old goats like me will even be allowed the surgery option as you know we have had a life and the death panel at the IRS needs something to do.

Waiting for your next book.