PDA

View Full Version : Christmas for 45nut "Ken"

Down South
12-10-2013, 10:03 PM
It's that time of year again, Christmas for Ken, "45nut". As many of you know, Ken is the founder of this site. Ken has suffered health issues for a number of years and could use our support. We have a great number of new members here who might not know much of the history of this site.
Ken has did a great job of putting together and maintaining the best Forum on the net for those of us who cast our own plus maintained the great family atmosphere that we enjoy here.

Below is a copy and paste from what we had going on last year.

As most of you know, Ken, our board founder, has some health issues, and is living on pretty tight budget restraints. I'm sure he would really appreciate anything we may be able to send along, and help him out. Any one in the Christmas spirit?

Email him here,

castboolits@gmail.com (castboolits@gmail.com)

and ask where to send.

runfiverun
12-11-2013, 02:35 AM
he might be having computer issues again [just sayin]
but he certainly can use money.

Down South
12-11-2013, 11:28 PM
Ken is having computer problems and we are working on a fix. If the problem is not resolved soon, we may figure out a different way to make donations.

Sam

Down South
12-11-2013, 11:30 PM
Double post. I'm having computer problems tonight myself with spotty Wi-Fi. I think the site nay be having problems as well.

Lloyd Smale
12-13-2013, 07:50 AM
it would be nice if youd post a paypal address so we could send him a couple bucks without embarassing him by asking.

Trey45
12-13-2013, 07:53 AM
Ken doesn't use Paypal anymore.

Down South
12-13-2013, 04:49 PM
I'm working on it. I need to discuss with some of our moderators. I'll or they will post where to send to. Ken's computer is down so he can not answer email right now.

No_1
12-14-2013, 12:38 AM
We are making progress but everything is always one step at a time. Today using donations provided by a few generous members we purchased a nice laptop computer from BestBuy that is to be delivered directly to Ken. I just checked the order status and it indicates they are still in the process of filling the order. He should be up and running in no time. I know he no longer uses PayPal. I know he accepts checks but with his difficulty in going to town due to pain it may take him a while to cash them. Cash discretely packaged in a card would most likely be the best possible choice but that is just a guess. We will keep you posted.

Lloyd Smale
12-14-2013, 09:06 AM
can you post an address or pm me one.

Trey45
12-14-2013, 09:13 AM
Check you PM inbox.

Down South
12-14-2013, 06:02 PM
Thanks guys, back to the top.

Beau Cassidy
12-14-2013, 06:23 PM
Don't put cash in a card! Put it in a business type of envelope. Unethical PO employees love to steal cards in hopes they will find cash. I was told that by someone I know who works at the PO.

Lloyd Smale
12-15-2013, 08:50 AM
thanks trey

Down South
12-15-2013, 04:35 PM
If someone wants to send Ken a Christmas card, you can PM me and I will reply back with the address. Ken does not want his address available to the general public so I request that no one post it.

Merry Christmas to all, Sam

Down South
12-16-2013, 08:41 PM
PM's answered.

Down South
12-18-2013, 08:11 PM
Thanks guys. I've answered a number of PM's.

Down South
12-21-2013, 12:48 AM
It's been a busy couple days plus I just made the trip from Houston to my house in Louisiana. I haven't been home since Thanksgiving.
Bump for the day.

Down South
12-24-2013, 04:07 PM
Last Bump.
This is Christmas Eve and will be the last bump to this thread for me.
Many of you do not know who Ken is. He is the Founder of this Forum. If not for him, we would not have Cast Boolits. He started this forum and maintained it.
Many of you do not know that Ken is suffering from back injuries that has kept him from enjoying the life that most of us enjoy today.
Ken has been screwed by Companies, Insurance Companies and pretty much been left to make it on his own.
Ken has asked nothing from Cast Boolits members. I believe we owe it to the Father, Founder of this site to give help in time of need.
I know that anything donated or sent now will not get to him by Christmas but I believe that he will be appreciative of anything that we send regardless of when he receives it.
Ken has a new computer now so the link that I posted in my first post should work. If nothing else, Shoot Ken an email letting him know how much that you appreciate Cast Boolits.
If you can afford, send Ken an Email to ask him where to send funds to. If nothing else, send him a card appreciating his hard work, effort and love for Casting Boolits.
As Ken quoted in his love for casting Boolits: Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.
You can still PM me for Ken's address if you wish to contribute or send a card.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all, Sam

waksupi
12-24-2013, 07:23 PM
Thanks for doing this, Sam. Merry Christmas to you, Ken, and everyone else.

Down South
12-24-2013, 09:40 PM
Woops, posted in wrong place.

Dean D.
12-25-2013, 01:23 AM
Thanks for doing this, Sam. Merry Christmas to you, Ken, and everyone else.

+1 and thanks from me too Sam!

MtGun44
12-25-2013, 08:04 PM
Renewed my Patron status on Team Boolits.

Merry Christmas!

Bill