PDA

View Full Version : A question about handles

RX7Dryver
11-22-2007, 05:24 PM
I tried the search feature and came up with nothing.

What brand of handles interchange?

I have Lyman, RCBS, and Lee six cavity handles. Will any of these work with a Saeco mold?

montana_charlie
11-22-2007, 05:37 PM
The RCBS handles have the thinnest jaws. So, while Lyman, Lee, (etc.) handles might not slip into the slots on an RCBS mould, they are pretty much interchangeable with other brands of mould.
RCBS handles will work on other moulds, too, but may seem a little loose.

Any of your handles should work with a Saeco mould...but may need some light-duty modification.

You want to check the mounting holes to make sure they are close enough to the edge of the jaw that the mould halves can pivot freely on the mounting screw.
After the mould is mounted, check to be sure it doesn't contact the jaw's face at either end of the slot...on either half of the mould.
If it touches the jaw, it probably won't close fully.

Metal can be removed from the jaw face...or the corner of the mould...to provide clearance.

When you hold the blocks together with your fingers, while the handles are just held loosely, the mould should have a little bit of 'wiggle room' in all directions.
CM

Ken O
11-22-2007, 08:59 PM
I use the Lee 6 cavity handles for my Lyman, but... they have to be ground down, they are to thck to fit the slot in the Lyman 4 bangers

MGySgt
11-23-2007, 02:31 AM
I use the Lee 6 cavity handles for my Lyman, but... they have to be ground down, they are to thck to fit the slot in the Lyman 4 bangers

I guess I am going to have to modify a set of Lee 6 cavity handles - I simply hate the Lyman 4 cavity handles!

I never thought to try and fit a set of Lee 6 cavity handles to the Lyman 4 cavity. [smilie=b:

Thanks Ken!

Drew

IcerUSA
11-23-2007, 01:56 PM
Yepper, thats why we have bench grinders and files , grind a little here and file a little there and WALA , good handles that fit just about any mould made and cheaper than the others to boot. :)

Keith

Bob Jones
11-23-2007, 08:41 PM
I just acquired a Saeco mold and my Lee 6 cavity handles fit it perfectly.