PDA

View Full Version : Do THEY really sponsor US?

leadbutt
12-10-2013, 01:40 PM
Is Cabelas a cast boolits sponsor? I see the links on the site and was wondering.

L. Bottoms

Down South
12-10-2013, 09:13 PM
I can't give you an honest answer but my guess is anyone advertising here would have to pay something to put their ad up.

runfiverun
12-10-2013, 09:43 PM
this sight get's like 2 cents if we follow the link to their site.

leeggen
12-10-2013, 10:17 PM
So if all 30,000 plus clicked the link then the forum would get some real extra christmas money huh!!!!!! Gotta go click. Got my 2 cents in,
CD

John Allen
12-10-2013, 10:42 PM
I am going to make it a point to click on this at least once a day it only takes a second and any little bit helps.

leadbutt
12-11-2013, 07:05 PM
Oh well. I guess we can collect money off of racist false advertisers. I swear i will NEVER even pick up their ad much less do business with the likes of them AGAIN. I went there black friday for a jacket they had on the front page of the b friday ad. I asked a sales rep where i could find the jackets that were on the ad and she said over by santa. So i went. The jacket they had on sale was no where near the jacket on the ad. The sleeves were different, the neck tag was different, the pockets were different, the waist was different and the patch that was on the pocket wasnt even there. Basically a totally different cheap *** jacket. I went through the store and found the exact jacket that was on the add and went up to the counter. Nope. They wernt having it. Manager came and i asked her "so your not going to sell me that jacket, on this ad, in that picture for that price that is on the ad?" She replied "nope". I informed her that she had to sell it and that i looked all through the ad to see if they had a disclaimer about mis prints which they did not. Whatever... i left. I look up on the web about the company. I found out on Wiki that they had a discrimation case filed against them but a judge threw it out due to "lack of proof". hum... I needed to exchange a jacket i bought there during b friday (not the one advertised) that was too small. I looked all through the whole damn store to try to find one black person working for them. YAY! I found one. I pulled him to the said and asked him "how many other blacks work here besides you?". He said about 3 or 4. 3 or 4 out of like 50 employees? NO 3 or 4 out of 250. Mind you this area has more blacks then whites. Screw them i say. Im still going to call the main office to make my case about the coat. Rev Al can look after the racism. Next time your there let me know how many blacks you see.

L. Bottoms

waksupi
12-11-2013, 08:15 PM
Another who bites the hand that feeds us.

BruceB
12-11-2013, 08:34 PM
Not that long ago, I was leaving on a fishing trip with a couple of pals from this Board.

Needing a new spinning rod, I printed-out some sale prices from Cabela's ads on the Internet, and took the print-outs with me to Cabela's Reno store..

Once we got to the store, I found they had the rod I wanted, but at the regular price of $180. I showed the salesman the Internet ad, and he told me to just show it to the cashier.

I did that, and was given the sale price..... a saving of NINETY DOLLARS off the regular price. I've had similar dealings with Cabela's over the years, and I'm a pretty happy customer.

I pay zero attention to the racial make-up of the staff, and the ads which I've had occasion to follow have been honored by the store. To call them "racist false advertisers" is simply untrue in my experience in shopping there.

12-11-2013, 08:40 PM
I've not seen the Cabela's ad put will click on when I do.

TJF1
12-11-2013, 08:44 PM
I have never had a problem with cabela`s
terry

Comrade Mike
12-11-2013, 08:48 PM
Cabelas has always been fair with me.

Occasionally an item won't ring up with the proper sales price. A quick receipt check and cashiers are normally more than happy to fix it.

starmac
12-11-2013, 09:25 PM
I'm not sure why race was even brought up in this case, could it be they hire who shows up, and wants a job.

jonas302
12-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Well I shop at Cabelas and will continue to even if you want to go on about a stupid jacket and black people like a raving lunatic guess what you had a bad experience know how many people other than yourself care?
And I will go to the Cabelas site though here rather than my bookmarks from now on

oldfart1956
12-11-2013, 10:02 PM
I've never received anything less than exemplary service at Cabelas. Their website is relatively easy to navigate and while their prices may not always be the cheapest they often have free shipping and the return policy is great. Their credit card is one of the best deals in town and the only one I have. At the Hamburg store the folks went beyond helpful on many occasions with me, held my hand and took me right to what I couldn't find. Much better service than a competitor that is 2 hours closer than Hamburg. Oh...and they employ those who apply for and are qualified to do the job not based on race quotas? Good. Nothing I hate worse than folks that think I owe a minority a free ride. And Cabelas led the way in a recent concern for the 2nd. Ammendment rights of Penna. when they shut down the Sportsman Show last year. I feel a spending spree coming. Love ya Cabelas! Audie...the Oldcracker

Bad Water Bill
12-11-2013, 11:35 PM
When we were having our "Beginners Shoots" Bass Pro Shop,Gander Mountain,Cabelas and several local gun shops were contacted.

Only Cabelas responded.

Not only did they DONATE a ton of stuff but each year they contacted us to see what we could use.

As far as how many people of color work there I never looked. Where I live almost every business hires others.

I think it depends more about who is QUALIFIED to work more than what color you are. Would you want someone that has never seen a can of powder or a box of ammo telling you what to load in your firearm?

I have tried many times to get several groups from Chiraq to visit the FREE range I shoot at. Even provided free maps. I NEVER got one phone call and no member showed up.

No I am not prejudice as many current and past CPD officers will tell you,just stating the facts

Bad Water Bill
12-11-2013, 11:50 PM
When we were having our "Beginners Shoots" Bass Pro Shop,Gander Mountain,Cabelas and several local gun shops were contacted.

Only Cabelas responded.

Not only did they DONATE a ton of stuff but each year they contacted us to see what we could use.

As far as how many people of color work there I never looked. Where I live almost every business hires others.

I think it depends more about who is QUALIFIED to work more than what color you are. Would you want someone that has never seen a can of powder or a box of ammo telling you what to load in your firearm?

I have tried many times to get several groups from Chiraq to visit the FREE range I shoot at. Even provided free maps. I NEVER got one phone call and no member showed up.

No I am not prejudice as many current and past CPD officers will tell you,just stating the facts

Bad Water Bill
12-11-2013, 11:56 PM

Only Cabelas responded.

John Allen
12-11-2013, 11:56 PM
I shop there and use one of the credit cards for work so I get a lot of free stuff. I got to say they have always been great. The prices are not always the cheapest but inline with most online sites.

btroj
12-12-2013, 08:52 AM
Who cares if they actually sponsor us? If the site owner wants to place a link to their site here then it is his prerogative.

I personally like Cabelas. Haven't had a bad experience there but am sure some have. Business is like that, not everyone is going to be happy.

If their banner here is the worst thing you face all day then consider yourself lucky. Get over it.

southpaw
12-12-2013, 09:02 AM
The only complaint I can come up with is even on a wed at 1000 in the morning it is crowded. They also missed an opportunity to make more money by not raising their prices during this shortage.

We take the kids down to their store about every 2 months. They have animals everywhere. There is a mountain in the middle with animals all over it. They also have a huge aquarium with just about every fish found in pa in it. The staff that I have had the pleasure to interact with have always been knowledgeable very professional.

They might not be the cheapest place to shop, but they do have alot of stuff and their prices are not way out of line. Not to mention what they do for us gun owners.

Oh well. I guess we can collect money off of racist false advertisers. I swear i will NEVER even pick up their ad much less do business with the likes of them AGAIN. I went there black friday for a jacket they had on the front page of the b friday ad. I asked a sales rep where i could find the jackets that were on the ad and she said over by santa. So i went. The jacket they had on sale was no where near the jacket on the ad. The sleeves were different, the neck tag was different, the pockets were different, the waist was different and the patch that was on the pocket wasnt even there. Basically a totally different cheap *** jacket. I went through the store and found the exact jacket that was on the add and went up to the counter. Nope. They wernt having it. Manager came and i asked her "so your not going to sell me that jacket, on this ad, in that picture for that price that is on the ad?" She replied "nope". I informed her that she had to sell it and that i looked all through the ad to see if they had a disclaimer about mis prints which they did not. Whatever... i left. I look up on the web about the company. I found out on Wiki that they had a discrimation case filed against them but a judge threw it out due to "lack of proof". hum... I needed to exchange a jacket i bought there during b friday (not the one advertised) that was too small. I looked all through the whole damn store to try to find one black person working for them. YAY! I found one. I pulled him to the said and asked him "how many other blacks work here besides you?". He said about 3 or 4. 3 or 4 out of like 50 employees? NO 3 or 4 out of 250. Mind you this area has more blacks then whites. Screw them i say. Im still going to call the main office to make my case about the coat. Rev Al can look after the racism. Next time your there let me know how many blacks you see.

L. Bottoms

lb- "lack of proof" Imagine, all someone had to do was accuse you of something and BAM! your in jail no need to prove anything. When you call the main office read your post to them, make sure you don't forget the part about how they HAVE to sell it to you. Loved it! Let me guess, the ad described the jacket that was on sale but featured the wrong pic.

BWB- I see you are working on your post count [smilie=l:

Jerry Jr.

sparky45
12-12-2013, 11:58 AM
They at least owe LB an explanation, that is if EVERYONE is rational in their behavior.

clownbear69
12-12-2013, 12:29 PM
I'm a former employee of Cabelas. I personally love working there. When they hire someone, they look for quality not quantity. Meaning knowledgeable people. I will say since I left quality in service has gone down but a lot has to with the CEO Tommy Milner.

bangerjim
12-12-2013, 01:24 PM
I'm not sure why race was even brought up in this case, could it be they hire who shows up, and wants a job.

You know......with the great Usurper in Chief in office, EVERYTHING is now rase-based! Nothing happens in the country anymore without someone tagging the race card! Sad. This race thing was almost gone in most of the country until 2008. Now it has been stoked by Jessie and Al and Barry and Mouch-hell and Eric and......well you get the point. Liberals.

I have always believed people you meet start out equal regardless of race, creed, or color. It is their behavoir and actions that gets them the ratings and "names" they live with!

banger

sparky45
12-12-2013, 01:26 PM
you know......with the great usurper in chief in office, everything is now rase-based! Nothing happens in the country anymore without someone tagging the race card! Sad. This race thing was almost gone in most of the country until 2008. Now it has been stoked by jessie and al and barry and mouch-hell and eric and......well you get the point. Liberals.

I have always believed people you meet start out equal regardless of race, creed, or color. It is their behavoir and actions that gets them the ratings and "names" they live with!

Banger

what jim said!!!

375RUGER
12-12-2013, 01:37 PM

L. Bottoms

How do you know they are racist? and why even bring it up, unless you are? By your standards, all of New Mexico is racist, except for Sante Fe and Albuquerque. I go for weeks sometimes not seeing blacks.
The more sponsors on this site the better.

Love Life
12-12-2013, 03:14 PM
I like Cabelas. My daughter loves the animal displays.

popper
12-12-2013, 03:28 PM
Bought a scope & other stuff there couple days after Veterans Day - couldn't get to that sale. asked if they gave a vet discount. 10% wasn't as good as the sale discount but they had NO problem giving it to me - without any proof! I don't care who is working the floor as long as they know what they are talking about. I didn't expect that 20 yr old gal to know much about high power scopes but she knew a lot more than me & I worked with military optics for 10 years. Got a 9x24 Nikon Monarch - works great. They are sales people - didn't really like to be waited on by the guy who said a new pistol reloader had to have a case trimmer.

Blacksmith
12-12-2013, 03:35 PM

Only Cabelas responded.

Only Cabelas responded.

Only Cabelas responded.

Bad Water Bill you are starting to stutter!:kidding::bigsmyl2:

Bad Water Bill
12-12-2013, 04:11 PM
Wha Wha What do you you me me mean stu stu stutter?:bigsmyl2:

clownbear69
12-12-2013, 04:18 PM
How do you know they are racist? and why even bring it up, unless you are? By your standards, all of New Mexico is racist, except for Sante Fe and Albuquerque. I go for weeks sometimes not seeing blacks.
The more sponsors on this site the better.

That's a fact. I like to think I'm the tolken white guy here in Gallup

Bad Water Bill
12-12-2013, 04:28 PM
That's a fact. I like to think I'm the tolken white guy here in Gallup

Which do you speak better Hopi or Navajo, pale face:kidding:?

starmac
12-12-2013, 05:00 PM
Dumb question, but where are you guys seeing the Cabellas banner. I must be blind, but I decided I would click on it, if that actually helped the site and don't see it.

I do see rotometals Titan Lee etc, should we be clicking on them regularly as well. I very seldom buy online, but do need some things from rotometals anyway.

wlc
12-12-2013, 05:06 PM
Dumb question, but where are you guys seeing the Cabellas banner. I must be blind, but I decided I would click on it, if that actually helped the site and don't see it.

I do see rotometals Titan Lee etc, should we be clicking on them regularly as well. I very seldom buy online, but do need some things from rotometals anyway.

Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page.

starmac
12-12-2013, 05:09 PM
DUH Thanks wlc. lol I have been turning crosseyed looking at the top of the page. lol

DRNurse1
12-12-2013, 05:36 PM

Only Cabelas responded.

Only Cabelas responded.

Only Cabelas responded.

BWB must have tried to post during the server issues, or he really really really wanted us to get his message.

Cabela's is able to stock medium and higher quality goods and, except for scare situations, seem to have a good quantity on the shelf. No experience with the on line catalog except for research. I did not hear from a mod or the site owner about the financing of our site through clicking on the link, but if it is true, I will start clicking that link

clownbear69
12-12-2013, 05:42 PM
Which do you speak better Hopi or Navajo, pale face:kidding:?

Ok I laughed quite a bit. No i speak "no change".

Nonetheless not to get derailed any further but look at we're a majority of Cabela's are located. In the middle of no where and very few near major cities. Point is majority of country boys won't be minorities. Just how it is. Like I said they hire based on persons knowledge no what color they are

Hickory
12-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Cabala's has always treated me like a long lost brother . . . . . . who needs some of my money.

They are worth the trip.

cbrick
12-12-2013, 05:47 PM
I needed to exchange a jacket i bought there during b friday (not the one advertised) that was too small. I looked all through the whole damn store to try to find one black person working for them. YAY! I found one. L. Bottoms

Must be me cause I can't say that ever done that. But then I've never gone looking through a store for a white person or a Mexican or . . .

What I do look for is someone that is knowledgeable about the products with a pleasant personality that can actually help me with my questions and I don't care if they are purple with green stripes and chartreuse dots and two heads.

Ok, that's not true, two heads would really freak me out.

Now I feel really bad, after all these years I've gone about it all wrong. I'll work on it, next store I'm in I'll look all over for a black person and if there aren't any I'll make a scene and stomp out in anger.

See, I'm making progress . . . That is progress . . . Right?

Rick

Bad Water Bill
12-12-2013, 06:15 PM
Well WE just earned some more $$$

I know better than shop in the store.

I shop on line and have my goodies shipped to my nearby store.

No charge for delivery BUT you will have to pay state tax.

Another thing I like about visiting there are the hugs the pretty ladies give me and Girty as we enter.

Now if that doesn't make you feel right at home I don't know what does. :oops:

captbligh
12-12-2013, 07:11 PM
I drive by the Glendale, AZ Cabelas going to work and on the way home every day. Stop in at least once a week just to check out reloading supplies. I've had nothing but excellent service from their "outfitters." Not always the most knowledgable person in a select area that I'm asking about, but they're willing to find someone to help out that is knowledgable and willing to listen to your views as well. They'll deliver online orders directly to the store for pickup and you get no shipping charges. The few times I've had to return something they've been professional and prompt in getting me what I wanted or a refund as appropriate. While some LGS increased prices during the shortage of components Cabelas did not. I'm a happy customer:smile:

Love Life
12-12-2013, 08:12 PM
Das rayciss!

DRNurse1
12-12-2013, 10:18 PM
Das rayciss!

Is that a NASCAR reference?

tengaugetx
12-13-2013, 03:53 PM
I wouldn't expect as many blacks would be interested in working at a Cabela's. Maybe it is just me but participation in outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing, camping etc seem to be mostly done by whites. At least that is what I see when I am on the lake, camping, canoeing, gun club etc.

Do you get equally mad when you watch a basketball game? Those racists at the NBA won't hardly give a white guy a chance.