PDA

View Full Version : The good life

MBTcustom
12-08-2013, 01:02 AM
This picture says it all!
Makes me happy just looking at it. That was a good day, I think we went to cracker barrel or something, and my daughter always sits next to daddy.
I guess Mrs. goodsteel took a picture with her phone unbeknownst to me.
Tell you the truth, everything in the world can just go hang. No matter how bad it gets, this happened to me, and that can never be taken away.
Take care of your kids fellers. Be the dad they need, and you've got yourself the good life.

Doc Highwall
12-08-2013, 01:23 AM
Good thing your avatar has a picture of you with your hat on or I would not recognized you Tim.

nhrifle
12-08-2013, 02:03 AM
Times like that with our loved ones don't happen nearly enough and children grow up too fast. Cherish the time given and make the most of it.

Love Life
12-08-2013, 02:13 AM
You speak truth brother!!!

Echo
12-08-2013, 04:30 AM
You are a fortunate man...

WILCO
12-08-2013, 07:28 AM
Great picture! Thanks for sharing Tim.

MBTcustom
12-08-2013, 07:58 AM
The hat comes off when I sit at the table. I can almost see mom glaring at me and asking "is the sun a little hot for you?"
I guess it's "hat etiquette".

CastingFool
12-08-2013, 08:03 AM
Wait till you have grandkids! I have 3 granddaughters and a grandson from one daughter, granddaughter from a 2nd daughter. I could not have even fathomed having grandkids like these. Spending time with them makes my life complete.

w5pv
12-08-2013, 08:06 AM
Enjoy them while they are young most enjoyable time of you life.

MBTcustom
12-08-2013, 08:14 AM
Well, I'm doing the best I can. I'm working two jobs, trying to keep the 'ol nose hairs above the 'ol water line, so times like these are special.
I'm doing the best I can. I know I'm missing a lot, but I'm not missing everything.

I'm learning that good times with family don't just happen all by themselves, you have to make them happen and work at it. Of course, I freely admit, I'm no dam good at it, but I'm going to keep trying.
I figure I'll have it down pat about the time I walk her down the aisle, eh?
Funny 'ol life we got here isn't it?

gray wolf
12-08-2013, 08:16 AM
Picture says it all, Nothing fake about that picture.
Thanks for posting it Sir, and God bless you and the wonderful family.

Sam

s mac
12-08-2013, 02:29 PM
The hat comes off when I sit at the table. I can almost see mom glaring at me and asking "is the sun a little hot for you?"
I guess it's "hat etiquette". It's just good southern manners. Keep up the good work.

jcwit
12-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Done it with my kids, done it with the grand kids, now waiting for the grand kids.

Love Life
12-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Do they make the store aisles wider where ya'll are? Seems two people with large hats might cause a traffic jam if they went down the same aisle.

jonp
12-08-2013, 04:29 PM
Those are two happy people. Your lucky your wife took that picture

1Shirt
12-08-2013, 04:35 PM
Great pic, would make a super Christmas Card!
1Shirt!

RickinTN
12-08-2013, 04:42 PM
Good looking daughter there! All 4 of ours (3 boys, one girl) are grown but I have my first grandaughter who turned 3 on Thanksgiving day. I spend all the time I can with her and wouldn't take anything for that time. Enjoy her while she's young. Walking her down the isle will come quicker than you think. When she gets a few years older I would be happy to donate to the ammo fund to help keep the local 2-legged vermin with ill intentions away:-P.

Rick

MBTcustom
12-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Good looking daughter there! All 4 of ours (3 boys, one girl) are grown but I have my first grandaughter who turned 3 on Thanksgiving day. I spend all the time I can with her and wouldn't take anything for that time. Enjoy her while she's young. Walking her down the isle will come quicker than you think. When she gets a few years older I would be happy to donate to the ammo fund to help keep the local 2-legged vermin with ill intentions away:-P.

Rick

Do me a favor and keep your eye's peeled for a smokin good deal on a 10gauge SXS. I'm going to need one for show and tell.

ultramag
12-08-2013, 07:37 PM
I guess it's "hat etiquette".

It definitely was in my Grandmother on Dad's side's house. I think of her every time I see a man sit down at the table and not remove his hat/cap. She would slap it off your head if you put your feet under her table with one on. Didn't care much for it in the house period, but it wouldn't draw her full ire until it made it to the dinner table. Hell of an old pioneer woman....sure do miss her.

Great picture of you and the daughter by the way. Cute little thing she is.

Bzcraig
12-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Doesn't get much better than that......a Kodak moment for those who know what that means.

popper
12-09-2013, 11:25 AM
I figure I'll have it down pat about the time I walk her down the aisle, eh?
Nope. And you will need lots of tissue when you do. Most providers don't get to spend lots of time with the kids. Dad didn't either. We had everything we NEEDED, he was there whenever NEEDED, til he passed at 92. Kids are a great blessing but it will take many years for them to realize the blessing from good parents. Keep it up.