PDA

View Full Version : My Daughter going to go hunting with dad.

Teddy (punchie)
12-07-2013, 02:57 AM
I'm going to take one of my seven year old twins out hunting tomorrow ( today).

I asked her it she would close her eyes if I go to shoot a deer; she said " No " and held her hands over her ears. I asked ; " Yea but your going to close you eyes too?" . Her reply in at look you get from women when they have an opinion; " No, Dad I want to see what is going on" ,, "but that gun is going to be TOO !! LOUD !!!

Anyway this all started last Monday night she was asking; " Dad where do you go hunting and how". I asked; " Her do you want to go for a walk and see". She said; " No want to go with you hunting with you". (By the way the other twin is wanting to go to)

Little young, but this is the same girl at 2, at horse sables. Watched a Vet. clean, wash and wrap a very bad cut (to the Bone) to a horses leg right above the hoof. We were watching for about 20 minutes she was glued to what was going on.

Her and her sister, both see deer in the Alfalfa Field and yell stop eating the cows food, go eat in the woods, LOL. Both help feed and water cows, if they can!! Must be safe around the 6 year old Hereford Bull, plus cows are a large animal and only take a few seconds and they can get hurt. So they stay on there side of the wire and cows stay on the other.

One other note. They asked earlier this year, " Dad why are we cleaning brass and looking it over"? I said to sell !" They said " Why"? . I said' " do you like to go fishing" ? " Yea" , I said, " where is the money for gas, to get there, and money for bait come from " ? They Said , " your pocket !!". I said. " and where did that money come from " LOL they just looked ?? . So now if we are cleaning brass, they ask, " is this fishing money "?

Anyway, guess we are going to have to go where, one can maybe build a fire to keep toes and hands warm. 2 " Snow, wind 5-10 MPH, temp 25-30, May we see a deer or two maybe not.

runfiverun
12-07-2013, 06:01 AM
sometimes it ain't about the huntin.

Three-Fifty-Seven
12-07-2013, 06:20 AM
Stay warm!

CastingFool
12-07-2013, 08:49 AM
You just never know what goes through kids minds. I never knew my oldest daughter liked pistols until I bought my first one. She took one look at it, and said "MINE", and she was like maybe 19. She had never shown any interest in any of my guns before. I did take her shooting, and she loved it, but never did it after that occasion.

Janoosh
12-07-2013, 08:55 AM
Runfiverun...no better words said. Teddy(punchie)....make the best of a great day.

Teddy (punchie)
12-07-2013, 09:09 PM
Well : we lasted about 45 min. Just as we jumped a deer and I was scoping 225-250 yds. to try to see in trees and snow; Dad my toes are cold, DAD !! DAD !! my toes are cold...... Just as we got into area we were to stay for about 2 hours. Back 1/2 mile to farm and Grandma's hot chocolate LOL . I ate some eggs and right back out. Boy things rough for hunting this year. Seeing deer but just not good numbers. No one in our group as seen any antlers yet let alone a 3 points up, that we need to shoot in PA.

TCLouis
12-07-2013, 11:53 PM
Teddy (punchie)

Stories like that make my soul smile!

Blammer
12-08-2013, 12:51 AM
and the song goes "she thinks we're just fishin' "