PDA

View Full Version : Why in the world...

Lead melter
11-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Okay,
You guys got me stumped. I've heard some strange things in my life, but most of them proved out pretty good when the reasoning was explained. Let's hope this is one of them.
I saw a couple posts on the board mentioning the use of toilet bowl rings in the boolit lube. I know there is a reason for this other than being able to say "That was a real sh$#@%ty shot". What gives on this stuff?

:???:

trk
11-20-2007, 06:30 PM
They're (traditionally) made of bee's wax.

44man
11-20-2007, 07:40 PM
Not so anymore. No telling what is in most of the stuff. It does seem to work for smokeless from what guys say but I would not try it for black powder unless it was pure beeswax without petro products in it.

versifier
11-20-2007, 07:51 PM
Once upon a time, they were made out of 100% beeswax.

trk
11-20-2007, 07:57 PM
Not so anymore. No telling what is in most of the stuff. It does seem to work for smokeless from what guys say but I would not try it for black powder unless it was pure beeswax without petro products in it.

Except for the one I bought last week - beeswax. Although MOST that I've seen in recent times are not; hence I used the word (tradionally).

shooter575
11-20-2007, 10:10 PM
TRK,you sure? I see new and used ones a lot at work.As far as I can tell they aint real BW.They are the same color but real soft and stringy compaired to the real BW I use for my lube making.
Anyone have a sure fire,cheep and easy test to tell them apart?

Trez Hensley
11-20-2007, 10:37 PM
Chew on a big pinch. Does it taste like honey?[smilie=l:
Do you all use new ones or the ones you scrape off the flange when you change them out.:kidding:

Had to say it:mrgreen:.........

Kids this should only be done by someone who drinks adult beverages in excess.
Don't try this at home!

Blackhawk Convertable
11-20-2007, 11:18 PM
We use Hercules brand Johni-rings and I just was looking at the MSDS on them today. Sadly, they do not list what the components used are.