PDA

View Full Version : Fact Check.

oldgeezershooter
12-03-2013, 10:29 AM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/02/rumor-check-did-obama-close-a-lead-plant-in-order-to-enact-backdoor-gun-control/

uscra112
12-03-2013, 10:46 AM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/02/rumor-check-did-obama-close-a-lead-plant-in-order-to-enact-backdoor-gun-control/

That's been all over the Web for weeks, including a couple or three thread here on C.B.. Effect will be undetectable, according to bullet makers.

Blaze and AllenWest are making a mountain out of a molehill. Typical of Beck. I don't actively dislike the guy, but there are times when I wish he'd do his homework. :killingpc

btroj
12-03-2013, 11:43 AM
Wow, another thread on same topic. That is 3 this week, maybe 4, I think there was one in the Pit.

West is bring up old news.

jonp
12-03-2013, 01:31 PM
West may have just heard about it as some on this site seem to have. I still meet people, and some fairly smart ones, that don't know obamacare and what it is and will do to them.
To say shutting down the last smelter will have no effect is plain silly

Garyshome
12-03-2013, 01:46 PM
Get it while it's available! YES the smelter is closing. Don't Ask Me Again!

I can only be lied to if I let them lie to me! I can only be distracted if I let them distract me

jgt
12-03-2013, 02:14 PM
Lead is one of the most common ore found in the US. When I was about nine years old my friend and I was walking down a road that was lower then the surrounding fields. There was a different colored vein present in the dirt on the bank of the road. My friend said stop, he went over and looked at it and said, you know what that is? I didn't, he said it was lead. We got a bucket and filled it with the stuff that to me just looked like common ole dirt. We went to his house and built a fire by his brothers shop out back. We put some dirt in the folgers coffee can and he held over the fire with some pliers. It started to turn into a shiny silver liquid. He scraped off the junk that formed on the surface. We had drilled some holes in a two-by-four and made some loops from some number 18 copper wire and placed in the holes. We poured the liquid into the holes and it set up very fast. Instant fishing weights. I have since read that you can't do that. You have to add a lot of other stuff to the mix to make bullets. I just know what we did as a kid and it sure looked like lead to me. If it came to it I would go hunting another vein of dirt and see if I could at least use the stuff to swage a core to make jacketed bullets.

randyrat
12-04-2013, 08:50 AM
It may not affect the bullet makers, but has a far greater message from the Obama admin, DON"T MESS WITH THE EPA because we will back them up and they will not back down. They (EPA) will/do have the power to shut ANY business down that is not in lock step.
Oh you say they are a separate gov agency, WRONG......