PDA

View Full Version : Help for Bullshop Junior

trooperdan
12-02-2013, 10:58 PM
Times are tough... and winter is coming! Bullshop Junior grew up on this forum, living a tough subsistance lifestyle in Alaska. Now he is having a hard time of it, see http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?221843-Times-are-tough
for details. I fronted him some money and a have the mods OK to run a fund-raiser to reimburse myself and maybe raise a bit more for Daniel.

Daniel wants to repay all contributions but, honestly, that may be a while. If you'd like to contributute via PP, my email is Trooperdan@prodigy.net. If you'd like toi send a check, my address is :

Dan Henson
397 Arcadia Dr
Wellington FL 33414

Hope you can help, thanks for considering.

TD

Love Life
12-02-2013, 11:02 PM
How big a stake does he need to get to the place with jobs. A well defined goal would be much better here.

snuffy
12-03-2013, 12:02 AM
I'm in. Pay pal on the way--well as soon as I get done typing this.

Hang in there Daniel, the lord will not let you down

Hopefully we can come up with enough to get you set up for another month, maybe enough to get the second car fixed----------------!

Come on guys and gals, it's Christmas!

John Allen
12-03-2013, 12:04 AM
Dan, I just sent money over. Lets get Bullshop Junior back on his feet.

jmort
12-03-2013, 01:10 AM
"How big a stake does he need to get to the place with jobs. A well defined goal would be much better here."

100% agree. I will help regardless, but getting him to South Dakota or Texas or what ever makes the most sense. Sending him $$$ now will help, but it will be gone and he will be in the exact same place, like driving around in circles.

smoked turkey
12-03-2013, 01:44 AM
Dan I just sent some money to you for Bullshop Junior. Of all times to help someone out, Christmas time seems to be the best time. I know times are tough, but the good Lord has blessed us this year and this is only a small thing compared to what He has done for me. Thanks Dan for being the Honcho on this.

MaryB
12-03-2013, 02:23 AM
I will put 2 gun cleaning mats up for auction again. $20 starting bid per mat. Large choice of gun designs and if I don't have it I can probably find it unless it is very old or obscure. 18x12 inch 2mm thick closed cell foam. Diagram and parts list are engraved into the surface not printed so they will not wear off with use. All I ask is be patient on my getting them out, fighting a concussion myself from the car accident in Nov. Might take me 2 weeks to get to them.

doctorggg
12-03-2013, 09:51 AM
Dan money was just sent by PayPal

Three-Fifty-Seven
12-03-2013, 10:28 AM
ing ...

trooperdan
12-03-2013, 11:29 AM
Morning guys! As of today we've received $275 via PP! Keep it coming! I agree with those that say we need to cover the immediate need but I also hope to maybe have a grubstake to get Daniel in a better environment. Thanks to all!

Bullshop Junior
12-03-2013, 12:01 PM
I just saw this thread....thanks guys. We really appreciate it. It means a lot. We wont let you guys down.

Wayne Smith
12-03-2013, 02:09 PM
A little bit more on the way from here. Daniel, from us consider it a gift to be passed on, not repaid. You will have many opportunities to help others in your life.

gray wolf
12-03-2013, 02:10 PM
Sometimes a mans got to do what a mans got to do Eh.
As soon as Julie come back inside I will have her P-pal 10 Bux.
If we could send more we would but we can't.

Sam

scarry scarney
12-03-2013, 02:21 PM
Ok, putting money out for a friend in need, is better than putting in a red bucket in front of a store. $10 sent. (sent via Dan)

Denver
12-03-2013, 02:25 PM
Need a zip code for your address TD.

NWPilgrim
12-03-2013, 02:47 PM
I'll chip in via PayPal, Merry Christmas!

I hope you can make it out to a good job.

Bullshop, if you can make it down to Washington state anywhere, I can drive you as far as Sacramento or Boise areas. Or get you a bus ticket to Texas or the Dakotas.

wvmedic
12-03-2013, 04:20 PM
Dan, please let me know if there is a plan put together to get Daniel to Texas. I might be able to kick in a little more than I did.

Bullshop Junior
12-03-2013, 04:24 PM
Right now, my personal plan is to start selling everything I cant fit in the truck, grt a few loose bills around here paid up, and drive ot right after the first of the year. That gives me a few weeks to try to get the rest of my stuff sold to help raise the money. Ill keep you guys updated on what im bringing in as well. Atm, I have $000 but am waiting for the money that Dan sent to clear, as well as some that my wife transfered from her collage fund.

wvmedic
12-03-2013, 04:44 PM
Gotcha Daniel, hang in there.

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-03-2013, 04:44 PM
I'm at work right now, but will be sending some paypal funds this evening.
Good Luck.

NWPilgrim
12-03-2013, 05:01 PM
Let me know if you pass through the Portland area and I can put you up for the night give you some grub and get you refueled.

Bullshop Junior
12-03-2013, 05:03 PM
Ill work on trying to get my map planned out tonight, so I can calculate how much gas Ill need. My truck does pretty good, but the back seat does get small after a few nights lol

snowwolfe
12-03-2013, 05:32 PM
I just drove down in April. Carry as much gas as you can from Alaska and plan on being empty when you hit the lower 48 border to get the most out of your cash. The further south you are on the Alcan the cheaper gas is but its still a lot cheaper in the USA.

I normally don't do things like this but I am going to chip in $25 for your journey. Good luck on your drive down. I do not want to be paid back. If you ever able remember the kindness this forum provided you and pass it along to someone who needs help.
Merry Christmas.

Bullshop Junior
12-03-2013, 05:35 PM
I was planning on filling a 55ga can on the back of the truck. Dont they tax you at the bourder for hauling full thata not in the gas tank?

AkMike
12-03-2013, 05:38 PM
They have hassled folks before about drums IF they aren't strapped/chained down and hard plumbed into the fuel system.

Bullshop Junior
12-03-2013, 05:40 PM
Hmmmm...strapping it down isnt a issue although the hard plumbing may be since I dont have a extra full pump in install. Although I could make a fake system.

Sweetpea
12-03-2013, 05:40 PM
If you head through my way, I'm more than willing to feed you and put you up for the night as well.

Brandon

snowwolfe
12-03-2013, 05:42 PM
I have carried as much as 80 gallons of diesel in the bed of my truck before and the border guards never said a word. On the trip out in April we had 40 gallons of gas in 5 gallon containers strapped to the trailer in plain sight.
My advice is to forget the 55 gallon drum and use small cans and simply cover them with a tarp and don't open your mouth at the border.

Harter66
12-03-2013, 05:49 PM
Should you come through western Nv I'll put for a night couple of meals top you up on fuel and give my list of cheap fuel stops and eats from here to Amarillo. I'm 140 south of Reno on US95 .

Bullshop Junior
12-03-2013, 06:58 PM
I will keep that in mind. Thank you sir!

gray wolf
12-03-2013, 07:42 PM
Sounds like you have a plan Daniel. Plus places to spend a night and food/gas on your trip. Because of all that, I am bumping the gift from us to $20. Just another pay it back from us for all the help the fella's and gals have given us.

Off to PayPal

Julie

Menner
12-03-2013, 08:16 PM
Just sent some money by PP hope it helps can't offer a place to stay don't think you will make it this far east but if you do let me know. sounds like you have a plan as we said in the Navy Fair Winds and Following Seas be safe in your travels

turmech
12-03-2013, 08:36 PM
Just sent my Pay-It-Forward donation. Was not much but hope it helps. Good luck Daniel.

perotter
12-03-2013, 09:02 PM
May 2014 be good to you.

Bullshop Junior
12-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Well, I got off the phone with member 300savage, and we made plans for me to get to Texas and work for him for a few weeks and give me a chance to find something better. So its official. Right after Jan 1st im packing up and heading outa this state.

starmac
12-03-2013, 10:23 PM
The next time you are in town, I can show you the straightest and cheapest way to Texas, probably only made that trip 40 or more times. lol

Bullshop Junior
12-03-2013, 10:35 PM
That always helps lol

gkainz
12-03-2013, 11:37 PM
I just started 2 auctions in Swappin' and Selling
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?222064-S-amp-W-M41-mag-auction-for-Bullshop-junior
and
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?222066-Colt-Commander-parts-auction-for-Bullshop-Junior

First time auctioning or selling anything here - so if something's messed up on those listings please let me know and I'll change it to make it right.

How do you want to do the proceeds? Paypal from me to you, Dan, after the auction - or have winning bidder do paypal to you?

Thanks!
Greg

snowwolfe
12-04-2013, 12:23 AM
A $25 check will be going to Dan Hansen tomorrow morning to help this young man out. Have a safe journey and do consider joining the military if you are interested in that area.
I retired at 39 with 21 years service and my wife did 20 years and gave it up at age 41. Those retirements check have helped make life pretty easy.

Don't for a second think the military is under paid. After about 2 years the pay and benefits are amazing.

NWPilgrim
12-04-2013, 03:52 AM
Well, I got off the phone with member 300savage, and we made plans for me to get to Texas and work for him for a few weeks and give me a chance to find something better. So its official. Right after Jan 1st im packing up and heading outa this state.

Darn good work Bullshop! I know it feels like taking a flying leap into the unknown, but I guarantee after one week in the new location and job you will have such great peace of mind and energy to succeed. Truthfully, not many young guys have the gumption to jump at this opportunity. But offers like 300Savage's are rare and a great blessing. Sometimes God delivers faster and better than we can imagine and we have to trust it really is a prayer answered. Your wife should be mighty proud of your boldness and determination.

Sounds like there are several on here willing to help you get down there so do not hesitate to ask for help in our respective areas. I hope the Christmas season can be especially joyful for your family knowing there is opportunity around the corner.

Trooper Dan really stepped up, too. This is the finest forum I have been on.

One of my sisters helped me out at a critical point and when I offered a repayment plan she just asked me to remember the help when I encounter another needful soul. Best advice and example I ever had. Make it a goal to achieve enough that someday you can help another.

redriverhunter
12-04-2013, 09:25 AM
hey bullshop junior keep in mind that Texas department of criminal justice (correctional officer) is always hiring and some units have mandatory over time plus there may be a sign on bonus if you go to certain units that are a bit short staffed. feel free to ask me any question about it if you want. please don't worry about paying back the help i sent please help someone else another day good luck

trooperdan
12-04-2013, 10:58 AM
UPDATE:

As of today we've raised $690 from 21 helpers, all through PP. If you use PP please include your forum handle.. kinda tough keep track of real names, emails and handles! :) Guys, this is pretty amazing outpouring of compassion for a member in need. I've even gotten contributions from members that were recently in need as well! I'll pass the names on to Daniel, thanks to all!

Three-Fifty-Seven
12-04-2013, 11:34 AM
e day!

snowwolfe
12-04-2013, 12:02 PM
Gas will cost at least $4 a gallon in Canada, more the further north you are. IMO it would take about 7 days to do the journey. He will be driving in the dead of winter with limited day light and possible severe cold temperatures (-50F is possible until he gets south by day 3). There are places where the speed limits are really reduced due to curvy roads and its hard to make really good time. Lots of critters on the road and one needs to be careful. 600 mile days are possible while on the Alcan but not probable.
The drive is not as remote as it used to be with the worse part being the first 100 miles after you enter Canada. Frost heaves make driving over 50 iffy and dangerous the first 100 miles.
Better to take the time and be safe rather then to set a record.

300savage
12-04-2013, 12:50 PM
been talking to some folks and may already have his next job lined up after i am caught up.
i would not worry too much about the truck inspection, he will have enough of a grace period that he should have plenty of money to fix it up before that becomes critical.
looks like texas may work out well for this young man. i would like to say i am helping ,but truth is i am needing the help to get caught up.
these darn ranches are a never ending project to keep them from getting run down.
so it looks like i better be healed up enough to get with it by the time he gets here.
so we both have a goal now it appears..

jmort
12-04-2013, 12:52 PM
Bless you for helping, just praying he works his ****-off.

Wayne Smith
12-04-2013, 01:07 PM
UPDATE:

As of today we've raised $690 from 21 helpers, all through PP. If you use PP please include your forum handle.. kinda tough keep track of real names, emails and handles! :) Guys, this is pretty amazing outpouring of compassion for a member in need. I've even gotten contributions from members that were recently in need as well! I'll pass the names on to Daniel, thanks to all!

Dan, drop me off that list. I was serious about not being repaid.

Three-Fifty-Seven
12-04-2013, 02:04 PM
days ...

Bullshop Junior
12-04-2013, 02:14 PM
I like to drive save. I drove back and forth to prudhoe bay 2 times a week all winter last year. If i can handle that, i can handle the alcan. Not too worried about night driving. I have 14 HID bulbs on my truck and all come on at once. I can make it bright out.

bdicki
12-04-2013, 02:25 PM
Sending some money via PayPal, I hope this works out.

Miles Prower
12-04-2013, 02:32 PM
PM Sent.

We'll put you up and feed you if end up driving by Seattle area. We'll chip in for some gas, as well.

Bullshop Junior
12-04-2013, 02:55 PM
I got one quick question for yall....ive got a lincoln gas powered welder. Is that worth bringin? I know im bringing my MIG welder but im not sure if the portable one a trailee would be useful to have when job hunting..

Artful
12-04-2013, 03:28 PM
I'd say so - if nothing else you can hire yourself out as a portable welding shop - lots of people like to have quick little projects done but either can't take it down to take to a shop or don't know someone who will come to them. - you can fill a niche market.

AkMike
12-04-2013, 03:50 PM
Folks, Daniel should be dropping out of Canada in the Montana/ North Dakota area and burning south from there. He shouldn't even come close to some of the gracious offers of bed and breakfast unfortunately.

Daniel, if you're going to drag the welders south take them off the trailer and put them in the bed of the PU. No need of having extra tires on the ground on the Alcan.

Menner
12-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Dan I do not want to be repaid (seriously) keep giving us a running account and as we get close to departure time if he needs more I can prob. kick in a few more dollars. I have a lot of respect for a young man that is willing to throw his whole life in a truck and head to a new place to improve his situation for himself and family takes guts. Be safe and God Bless

I have 3 sons ( Im the old guy in the middle ) who are making a life of thier own ( they are the best part of me ) they have all needed help from time to time I am proud that they are on thier own and not living with mom and dad and I see that in you by willing to take this chance I have not been a member of this site very long but the help I have seen the members give is over the top and I am proud to help anyway I can because you are not sitting on your butt crying oh woes is me you are standing up and doing something about it and people see that remember GOD HELPS THOSE THAT HELP THEMSELVES This is not a hand out it is a helping hand

Bullshop Junior
12-04-2013, 06:05 PM
Folks, Daniel should be dropping out of Canada in the Montana/ North Dakota area and burning south from there. He shouldn't even come close to some of the gracious offers of bed and breakfast unfortunately.

Daniel, if you're going to drag the welders south take them off the trailer and put them in the bed of the PU. No need of having extra tires on the ground on the Alcan.

Thats what I was planning on. Extra weight for traction as well.

Bullshop Junior
12-04-2013, 06:10 PM
Right now, at this very moment I have $300. Amanda has about $450. Most of it will be gone by the end of today though as it is going to help get close to being caught up and the major bills
Like the truck payments, car insurance, heating oil, food ect. Buy after that we will be up to date on bills. The truck payment comes due again on the 15th of this month. Im hoping to find a little part time work by then here to take care of that though.

NWPilgrim
12-04-2013, 06:22 PM
Sounds like the makings of a Cast Boolit Express. We're going to need some photos of this winter trek. Maybe he can pick up some commercial sponsors? :D

Good luck to you Bullshop, we're all rooting for you!

Bullshop Junior
12-04-2013, 06:25 PM
Im on my way to starmac's house here in a bit and i think he is gonna help me lay out a route. Once i have a route down Ill let you guys know. I was thinking about cutting down from Canada in western Montana to try to see if the rest of the family wanted to see me sice its been gling on two years. But it depends. Im not in the situation where if that adds 500 miles its not a big deal. I want the shortest quickest and cheapest route I can find.

300savage
12-04-2013, 07:02 PM
daniel pm me or call if you would and let me know what your prior experiance if any is in the oil field. i am doing a little advance work for you in lining up some people for you to talk to when you get here.
and gentlemen i know it has been said here many times before but you are a good bunch of men.
makes me proud to be associated with the likes of you.

Bullshop Junior
12-04-2013, 07:07 PM
If you could PM me your email, ill have Amanda send you my resume. In the oul fields here all I have ever done is build scaffold and paint tanks and pipe.

AkMike
12-04-2013, 07:08 PM
Daniel,
Plan on dropping out of Canada in eastern Mt. or at North Portal in north-western ND. Then point south. Look at a good atlas.

starmac
12-04-2013, 07:16 PM
It didn't used to take any experience to be a worm on a rig or a roustabout, just a lot of want to. lol

paul h
12-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Slope jobs are hard to come by and typically require having an in at one of companies or a good deal of specialized experience in the field.

onceabull
12-04-2013, 08:01 PM
Daniel, Consider staying in Canada Until you are in Calgary,then cut south to pick up I-15,which will take you right close to your folks.. Then over Monida Pass through Idaho and Salt Lake city..During winter you might want to stay on I-15 till you can cut across to Moab and then Cortez.CO. Road conditions can affect any decision at that time of year,as Monida is no joke winter country. Onceabull

Circuit Rider
12-04-2013, 09:36 PM
Guys, When I got off the road in Jan '09, at the border they were real jerks about having a passport to get back in the states from Canada. Could that be any problem for Bullshop Junior? CR

Bullshop Junior
12-04-2013, 09:38 PM
I have a passport Card, and I understood that would get me in and out without too much trouble.

AkMike
12-04-2013, 09:41 PM
That should be fine for Canada. Unless that is just for minors. Better check it out.

I just renewed my passport today and it was $110.. :(

WallyM3
12-04-2013, 09:45 PM
Dan, sent to you for JR via PayPal this PM.

It's a gift.

Artful
12-04-2013, 09:57 PM
$mall bit sent by paypal - don't pay it back pay it forward to back to the site.
Cold front coming down - make sure you have survival needs on the truck

Bullshop Junior
12-04-2013, 11:33 PM
Well folks. I looked around whale I was in the city today. I looked at a few used sets of tires and the only decent ones were around $600 a set. The cheapest new ones I could find are a load range C at walmart and they are still $185 each. The cheapest 10 ply are $218. I cant ask for that much, so ill just try and hope that the tires on the truck will make the trip.

OeldeWolf
12-04-2013, 11:38 PM
Dan, I just sent you some $ for Jr. No repay wanted, pay forward if a need to repay is there.

Richard oeldewolf47 on yehe

starmac
12-05-2013, 12:20 AM
My son drove through with just a passport and he was just 20.

Bullshop Junior
12-05-2013, 12:26 AM
My son drove through with just a passport and he was just 20.

Passport, or passport card?

waksupi
12-05-2013, 12:29 AM
Card works fine.

starmac
12-05-2013, 12:40 AM
Yup either works, our fine govt. forced us to get the passport, then a few months came out with the card at a reduced price. They even notified me that I could get one for 45 bucks or some such nonsense after they forced me to pay 90 for the passport. lol

AK Caster
12-05-2013, 01:17 AM
Canada has really weird laws. If you ever had a DUI its or been convicted of any crime by the courts it can be damned near impossible to get into the country. I think there are ways around it if you apply well in advance and pay some outrageous fee's.
Drivers beware.

starmac
12-05-2013, 01:40 AM
We don't let canadians enter if they have a felony, and in Canada a dui is a felony. It is pretty much what is considered a felony in either country. I have always had more trouble getting back in the U.S. than I ever have entering Canada. Many Canadian truckers I have known say it is just the opposite for them, the U.S. customs is really nice.

dpunch
12-05-2013, 03:13 AM
A little help sent. Good luck on your new adventure Bullshop Jr.

Valley Forge
12-05-2013, 03:31 AM
Something from me sent via paypal. Good luck in Texas Daniel, we're rooting for you.

Bullshop Junior
12-05-2013, 06:45 AM
Well folks. I looked around whale I was in the city today. I looked at a few used sets of tires and the only decent ones were around $600 a set. The cheapest new ones I could find are a load range C at walmart and they are still $185 each. The cheapest 10 ply are $218. I cant ask for that much, so ill just try and hope that the tires on the truck will make the trip.

So much for that idea lol. Blew out two tires on the way home from the city today. Hopefully a good used set will pop up for a good price before i leave.

Bullshop Junior
12-05-2013, 07:09 AM
Also, for those wanting a statis report. At the end of today I have $81 left. Using the money tranfered By Trooperdan, I was able to pay off the october payment for the truck, and that gives me 10 days from now to pay the november payment. Shouldn't be too big of a deal for me to handle that. Once thats done i will be all up to date on the truck. We also were able to buy some house fuel, hopefully enough to get us to at least Christmas, along with a couple weeks worth of food. We were getting really low. I was also able to pay my truck insurance payment tbatbwas over due to keep the truck insurance from getting canceled next week.

Thank you to everyone who has helped. It is a huge blessing and this is all a truly a answer to our prayers. I hate accepting help from others, but i cant thank everyone enough.

As for getting to texas. My plan is to leave here on Thursday January Second 2014 and hopefully arrive in Texas on Monday January 13th.

Three-Fifty-Seven
12-05-2013, 11:23 AM
you ...

sparky45
12-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Paypal sent.

Bullshop Junior
12-05-2013, 05:50 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/06/avy9ada4.jpg

There is a pic of the route im taking. If anyone wants a list of towns that ahkws up on my map that i pass through let me know.

trooperdan
12-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Dang! That is a scary long way to drive!! And at a scary time of the year too boot!

paul h
12-05-2013, 06:34 PM
Except during or right after a storm there are many sections of road that are much more enjoyable to drive in the winter than in the summer. Basically any section of gravel road is better to travel in the winter when it's frozen up and you don't have nearly as much traffic.

Bullshop Junior
12-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Ill probabmy be doing most of my driving at night. Less traffic, and with the lights on my truck i can see the road conditions ans judge them
Better then durring rhe day.

cpileri
12-05-2013, 06:50 PM
Extreme cold (for texas anyway) expected tonight; freezing rain in Am etc near Centeral texas (Austin area); depends onhow far you get exactly. but be careful!
C-

Three-Fifty-Seven
12-05-2013, 07:37 PM
of way!

Artful
12-05-2013, 07:40 PM
Except during or right after a storm there are many sections of road that are much more enjoyable to drive in the winter than in the summer. Basically any section of gravel road is better to travel in the winter when it's frozen up and you don't have nearly as much traffic.

It ain't the gravel roads I worry about it's paved with frozen rain/black ice that I hate about winter driving.

paul h
12-05-2013, 09:13 PM
Freezup and Breakup are typically the worst times to drive and when you'll have those conditions, well I say that facing freezing rain on the drive home tonight.

Typically the dead of winter makes for good driving conditions in the North, unless you find yourself in a blizzard or unplowed roads. Then you just pull over and wait for things to clear up.

Bullshop Junior
12-06-2013, 01:25 AM
Just to let everyone know, a fine member of this forum has supplied me with tires and they should be on the way up here on a truck soon, so that is taken care if

starmac
12-06-2013, 01:39 AM
Daniel, give me a call tomorrow.

Bullshop Junior
12-06-2013, 01:51 AM
Ok. Will do. Or I can call tonight lol

starmac
12-06-2013, 02:09 AM
You can call tonight, but it won't do any good, as I won't know anything until tomorrow evening. lol

You are talking about driving at night, plan on watson lake and the next 150 miles depending on where the herds of buffalo are in the daylight. when they are laying in the road, even hid's won't necessarily help until you are amongst them, even with fresh snow if it snowed after they laid down.

Bullshop Junior
12-06-2013, 02:12 AM
Lol. Ill give you a call tomorrow.

doctorggg
12-06-2013, 07:30 AM
Daniel, through the members of this forum God has truly blessed you. Keep HIM in mind as you pray. HE has provided your necessities. Lots of prayers have been sent to God for you. He has responded. I wish you the best on your journey. You and I are Blessed to be a member of this forum.

trooperdan
12-06-2013, 10:30 AM
UPDATE:

Guys, as of this morning I've received $1075 via PP. This is outstanding but we need more help if you can spare it.

TD

pmer
12-06-2013, 09:56 PM
I'd like to get in on helping Bullshop Junior. I have a home made full grain leather sling that I'd like to offer by auction. It's about 42" long and comes with brass colored hardware. One piece construction with no seams or stitching and no carving either. It has been used only a few times on my pre 64 bolt action and is in like new condition. It's a thick, heavy duty sling.

Hopefully trooperdan, can lend himself for payment from the buyer and I will cover shipping.

trooperdan
12-06-2013, 10:39 PM
Pmer, that is a fine looking sling and very generous offer. I'll be glad to help in any way.

TD

Slam'n Salmon
12-06-2013, 11:03 PM
Freezup and Breakup are typically the worst times to drive and when you'll have those conditions, well I say that facing freezing rain on the drive home tonight.

Typically the dead of winter makes for good driving conditions in the North, unless you find yourself in a blizzard or unplowed roads. Then you just pull over and wait for things to clear up.

Best roads I've had on that trip was in March. Summer is not good nor Freeze up and worst of all breakup.
Just be prepared to camp out if need be, not that hard.

Bullshop Junior
12-07-2013, 02:27 AM
Trooper Dan..leave all the names on the list. I want to repay everyone that helps. I have a hard time just accepting things, so if I have to pay it back later, its better for me. I dont just want to be using all my friends here by getting money to get to texas. I am going to pay everyone back, even if it takes awhile. And if you wont accect the cash back, i still want to at least send everyone a box of cookies, although I would feel better if I were allowed to pay back in full.

pmer
12-07-2013, 10:40 AM
It's just nice to be able to help some one in need. I see it as warming to both sides. I know some day Daniel will be in a position to help some one. I can only imagine how warm he'll feel inside.

Lets help this guy out of this storm!

Artful
12-07-2013, 07:05 PM
FYI
http://www.dentonrc.com/local-news/local-news-headlines/20131206-truck-plunges-off-bridge-18-wheelers-stuck-for-miles.ece

Bullshop Junior
12-08-2013, 04:59 AM
Where is that at? I cant get the link to open.

trooperdan
12-08-2013, 07:20 AM
Denton TX, lady slid off a bridge on ice, into a lake and brought traffic to a halt.

Bullshop Junior
12-08-2013, 07:22 AM
Oh. Sounda about like here. It rained last night se we have good half inch of ice on the roads. Pulled a few people out of the ditch today. Or actually yesterday

trooperdan
12-09-2013, 10:22 AM
UPDATE:

The amount received so far is $1215. I'd really like to hit $2000 to help Daniel.. he is going to drive over 4,000 miles through some rough and dangerous country! I've had an offer of some goods for auction that I'll be putting up soon, watch for that!
TD

MaryB
12-09-2013, 05:23 PM
Hope you got the PayPal from me Dan, let me know.

NWPilgrim
12-10-2013, 04:45 AM
Trooper Dan..leave all the names on the list. I want to repay everyone that helps. I have a hard time just accepting things, so if I have to pay it back later, its better for me. I dont just want to be using all my friends here by getting money to get to texas. I am going to pay everyone back, even if it takes awhile. And if you wont accect the cash back, i still want to at least send everyone a box of cookies, although I would feel better if I were allowed to pay back in full.

Put me in for some cookies. You can't eat a greenback, but some home made cookies, you bet!

NWPilgrim
12-10-2013, 04:47 AM
UPDATE:

The amount received so far is $1215. I'd really like to hit $2000 to help Daniel.. he is going to drive over 4,000 miles through some rough and dangerous country! I've had an offer of some goods for auction that I'll be putting up soon, watch for that!
TD

I hope you keep this going into January before or even after Daniel departs. After Christmas I would like to kick in some more. Expecting to see some photos on this thread about the wild country he traverses.

Bullshop Junior
12-10-2013, 04:52 AM
I plan on starting a new thread for photos

As for my part,
I am paid up in the truck payments till end of january.

Got new tires on the truck today

When putting said tires on noticed tierod was readty to fall out and fixed that. Idk how
Much is left in my account but its ovee $500. I still owe my insurance just over $100 and then i am all caught up on bills.

I figured it will cost me about $1300 to get to texas...4000 miles 15mpg averge climbing all thise hills and probably in 4wd. Gas is over $4 a gallon in canada. I still have a few things ro sell to raise some extra money.

trooperdan
12-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Hope you got the PayPal from me Dan, let me know.

Nothing that I can identify as from you Mary!

saphelps
12-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Sent a paypal contri as well. Wishing best of luck. No payback wanted, just feed me one night if I'm ever in town. Steak :). Not sure if you open carry but if you do, don't do it in Denver or Denver County. Map looks like you're covered by reciprocity all the way, so long as you don't make a wrong turn an end up heading West and run into New Mexico.

Bullshop Junior
12-12-2013, 03:33 AM
The river is finally frozen enough I can start hauling wood again, so i cant make extra moving money that way. I also got offered a few days work running a log skidder, but im not sure when that is gonna happen.

I saw a add yesterday, some older lady wanting wood cut, split And stacked, and that she had cash. So I spend all day working till well after days cutting splitting and stacking wood. After she aaked me how much And I said i usually get $10 per hour. i thought she was gonna have a heart attack. Told her to pay me what she thought I was worth. She gave me $5 and two cookies. Oh well.

I so have a few hours of work tomorrow cutting wood for someone, then heading to fairbanks friday to help starmac out foe the weekend. Still have to get my flatbed trailer sold, and some tools, but looks like I should be able to hit the road on the 2nd as planned.

gkainz
12-12-2013, 01:32 PM
...I saw a add yesterday, some older lady wanting wood cut, split And stacked, and that she had cash. So I spend all day working till well after days cutting splitting and stacking wood. After she aaked me how much And I said i usually get $10 per hour. i thought she was gonna have a heart attack. Told her to pay me what she thought I was worth. She gave me $5 and two cookies. Oh well...
Are you kidding? $5? total? or $5/hr?

Don't mess with old ladies - they're sneaky and devious! Hope her cookies were good!

NWPilgrim
12-12-2013, 02:40 PM
Dang, that is cheap. You would have to go back to the 1930s for $5 to mean something for a day's labor. Hard to believe she hasn't had to buy anything like that since. Or she could be regressing mentally (memories) and she truly thought it was a fair trade. Chock that one up to "Good deed for the day."

Forge ahead, Bullshop. Looks like you are making good progress to your goal. It is a tough transition but having a plan and staying productive helps to stay the worries.

Bullshop Junior
12-12-2013, 03:04 PM
Are you kidding? $5? total? or $5/hr?

Don't mess with old ladies - they're sneaky and devious! Hope her cookies were good!

Five total lol. At least i could buy milk to go with the cookies. They were pretty good.

tommag
12-12-2013, 06:35 PM
Sounds like you're starting the pay it forward thing a bit early,he he he.

tengaugetx
12-12-2013, 06:39 PM
I love to help people who I think deserve it.
Your willingness to do what is necessary is very admirable.
I have a 4lb lee pot an old friend gave me I have been looking for the right person to pass it along to. I am going to sell/auction it here in the classifieds, along with a little lead and a few ounces of pewter. It will make someone a good start up. Whatever it brings is yours.
I'll even pay the shipping.
My only condition for this is to NOT be reimbursed. I don't want your money or your cookies, no offense. You can pay me back by helping someone else when you are able. Please PM me an address so I can have the buyer send a direct payment to you. I'd rather not handle any money.
Merry Christmas....

Here is a link to the auction... http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?223124-Bull-Shop-Jr-Fundraiser-Lee-pot-lead-pewter&p=2520972#post2520972

trooperdan
12-14-2013, 12:48 PM
Guy, just a note to let everyone know that I had to go out of town for a few days, will be back on-line next Wednesday. I'll only be able to check in from an expensive library computer so I won't be on top of things until then.

Thanks guys!

TD

trooperdan
12-18-2013, 11:35 AM
Back at the keyboard! A most generous member has contributed a large box of items to auction that I'll be listing today. All funds will go to Daniel for his epic journey south!

TD

Bullshop Junior
12-18-2013, 05:35 PM
Update from my end. Im still planning on leaving january 2nd. I still have a few things to get sold and a littl work on the truck. I did have to put a new battery and alternator on the truck last week, so that set me back quite a bit but everything is still looking good.

Its funny, now, since im planning on heading to texas ive had a few job offers here. I am going to a interview with the local mine tomrrow just to see how it goes, but dont plan on taking the job unless they offer me a large amount of money. Have too many people waiting for me in Texas.

Firebricker
12-18-2013, 06:52 PM
Daniel, It always seems to work that way feast or famine when it comes to jobs. I think your correct in going to the interview with an open mind. If the mine job has a good wage and retirement I would not hesitate if that is where you want to be people would understand. If it is not a really good job well Tx here you come. Only advise I have is think of retirement or do not let it get far from your thoughts. My trade has been good to me but old age is staring me down and I wish I would have planned more.

Texas is a good choice it is a busy place(Freeport/Houston) or is the few times I have been. There is a lot of people but for the better jobs a guy or gal has regular drug screening and that eliminates many but makes it better for us. Once you get on your feet you might consider some formal training as a welder. Qualified welders are in demand in many areas even now. There is a big range of welding skills from a farm hand fixing a gate to your pipe or tube welders aim for the top and follow the money. Good Luck,FB

trooperdan
12-19-2013, 11:00 AM
All, if you got an email from me, I AM NOT in Greece and in need of money! I did not abscond with Daniel's funds! :) Email was hacked obviously, big pain now to lock everything down, sorry guys!

kayak1
12-19-2013, 12:19 PM
Good luck with the job interview. If you end up with a Job that's local (if you love AK), that might be for the best. Even if people have kicked $'s in to get you to TX the were doing it to help you get on your feet with a job. They will be just as happy for you to have one in AK as TX. Good luck!

tengaugetx
12-19-2013, 12:32 PM
TD you have $63 coming from some things I auctioned here in the classifieds.

Bull Shop, If the interview turns out well and you stay in Ak use the money to help you get caught up.

Bullshop Junior
12-19-2013, 01:34 PM
I will let you guys know how the interview goes. I would honestly prefer to end up in texas, as I believe in the long run I would be bettee off down there, but if I get this job today I may work it just until i get totally caught uo on eveything ans have a few grand saved up for the move so I have enough for any emergancys and be able to afford a place down there sooner rather then sleeping in my truck.

jmort
12-19-2013, 01:41 PM
If you decide to go to Texas I'm still in for $$$ support for travel expense. Regardless, do what is best for you and your wife.

snuffy
12-19-2013, 02:48 PM
Daniel, use the $$ I sent you however you want. Let the Lord guide you in that interview, listen for that still small voice, he guides me sometimes with just a thought.

Bullshop Junior
12-19-2013, 02:56 PM
I appriciate the help guys. I'll let you know how it goes. If i do end up going to texas, I'm still a little short on gas money since I had to replace the alt, and battery on my truck the other day, and that set me back several hundred bucks.

Interview is in a hour, so I'm getting ready to head down that way.

Moonman
12-19-2013, 05:10 PM
Texas is BOOMING, your area IS NOT, Hit the Road while you can.

Lest you be another year older and in the same shape or worse.

Daily/Weekly it seems YOUR TRUCK should have went back and you take the loss.

Never, Ever, GET THAT FAR UNDERWATER on a vehicle loan again.

The 4 wheel drive unit will probably be next.

GOOD LUCK to you, but I think TEXAS is the better answer.

trooperdan
12-19-2013, 05:29 PM
Daniel, I think Texas is the answer.. you've had some friend there really reach out to you. I know it takes a lot of courage to leave the area you've known all your life but I think it is where the opportunity is.

Firebricker
12-19-2013, 05:40 PM
All, if you got an email from me, I AM NOT in Greece and in need of money! I did not abscond with Daniel's funds! :) Email was hacked obviously, big pain now to lock everything down, sorry guys!

Alright then if you have skipped town for Greece I want an order of baklava sent my way ! Could not find the yanking chain so you will have to settle for LOL

Bullshop Junior
12-19-2013, 06:02 PM
I went to the interview just as a opened minded kind of deal. They said it would be 2-3 weeks before they got back to me. Screw that. Ill be in texas by then.

So, plans are remaining the same. Im leaving here January second. I still need a little more gas money but i still have a couple weeks to come up with it.

And as for my truck, has anyone here ever actually let the truck go back to the bank? Its not as simple as just letting them have it back and thats it. That truck isnt worth what I owe on it. It was worth it when I bought it. But ive put over 100,000 miles on it, and using if for work it has dings and dents and scratches. I still owe about 10grand on it. The deal with the bank is that if they take it back, they auction it, and what evwe it brings, they take and the remainder of the amount owed goes ro a debt collector. So if I let them take it back. I would still owe at least 5000 and have nothing. Its a great truck, but its been used hard and would newe fetch enough at auction. Probably would sell for close to 2500. Taking it back because of that is just not a option. If it actually pit me ahead it would be gone.

Char-Gar
12-19-2013, 06:12 PM
Your best bet is to keep the truck, pay the balance down until you can trade if off on something better and learn from the experience. You DO NOT want to have a big credit hickey on your record, as it could be a big problem down the line in your new Texas start.

Firebricker
12-19-2013, 10:57 PM
Char-Gar is spot on you want to keep that credit up it is becoming popular in our "Big Brother 1984" society to do credit checks on job applicants. You got the right idea bite the boolit and pay her down or you will have no truck blotched credit and a 5k debt or seven or eight year wait. FB

bangerjim
12-19-2013, 11:29 PM
I went to the interview just as a opened minded kind of deal. They said it would be 2-3 weeks before they got back to me. Screw that. Ill be in texas by then.

So, plans are remaining the same. Im leaving here January second. I still need a little more gas money but i still have a couple weeks to come up with it.

And as for my truck, has anyone here ever actually let the truck go back to the bank? Its not as simple as just letting them have it back and thats it. That truck isnt worth what I owe on it. It was worth it when I bought it. But ive put over 100,000 miles on it, and using if for work it has dings and dents and scratches. I still owe about 10grand on it. The deal with the bank is that if they take it back, they auction it, and what evwe it brings, they take and the remainder of the amount owed goes ro a debt collector. So if I let them take it back. I would still owe at least 5000 and have nothing. Its a great truck, but its been used hard and would newe fetch enough at auction. Probably would sell for close to 2500. Taking it back because of that is just not a option. If it actually pit me ahead it would be gone.

Anytime a vehicle is "taken back" by a financial institution is NOT good for you. YOU still owe what you owe on it! And it goes on your credit score as a bad report! It will haunt you for years. NEVER let them take it back. Do all you can do to keep it in your name until you can sell it, pay off your loan, and buy another one.

That is why I never buy a new vehicle with a loan! I either buy it outright or lease it. That way I have control over it with no major sword hanging over my head.

Good luck.

banger

snowwolfe
12-20-2013, 12:29 AM
Your getting a the gift of a life time from the forum members here donating cash to help you start a new life. But don't forget you still have responsibilities and one of them is the loan with the bank.
I do not mean to sound condescending but you need to honor your word and pay the bank back.
KARMA.

Bullshop Junior
12-20-2013, 12:31 AM
I never had any intention of not paying. As of now I am all caught up. When i bought the truck i had a good job, but Iearned from it and will never do another loan.

waksupi
12-20-2013, 12:56 AM
Lots of good used vehicles for under five grand. Especially for work trucks. Wait to buy an expensive one until you have a big bank account where you can pay cash.

NWPilgrim
12-20-2013, 06:31 AM
Bullshop, keep us informed of remaining budget gap. I will send some more on Jan 1. What is that route, about 2,500 miles? More?

Bullshop Junior
12-20-2013, 06:33 AM
It is about 3900 miles actually. Im not sure how much I have as it is scattered among a few accounts. I still have my car hauler for sale but its looking like im not gonna get what I wanted for it and am gonns have to drop the price.

trooperdan
12-20-2013, 02:13 PM
I think Google maps has it at a bit over 4,000 miles! Mostly through Canada it appears! When I was young and wild I mighta tried it but the very thought of that trip now just makes me cringe!

Bullshop Junior
12-20-2013, 02:23 PM
It is deffinatly gonna be a long trip. Im starting to get a little nervious. I have the truck fixed up to the point I believe it will make the trip, and Im not too worries about that, but i still have quite a bit of stuff to sell that I cant take with me, and not really anyone to leave it with.

Right now, starmac is gonna loan me a 80gallon fuel tank (if we can get it out of the snow, and if ita not too rusted and doesnt leak) that I am gonna throw in the bed of my truck. Ive been saving my fredmeyers reward points to fill that tank up, ao hopefully I can save some money there.

Love Life
12-20-2013, 02:39 PM
Im not sure how much I have as it is scattered among a few accounts.

The best advice I can give you is to consolidate it all into one (maybe two) accounts. Then sit down and write down a REAL budget. No lying to yourself. Then write a budget once a week for two months. See where your money goes. After that write a budget once a month to stay on track. You need to know how much money you have and where it is going at all times.

trooperdan
12-20-2013, 02:54 PM
Guys, I'm starting some auctions to benefit BS Jr, just listed a Lee 6 C 9 mm mold and some j-words and some brass. Take a look! These were donated by a very generous member!

MaryB
12-21-2013, 12:44 AM
What really helped me budget was to put my checking account on the computer, I enter all my bills and how much they are each month worst case. Some months a bill is less, some a bit more but it averages out. That let me save a lot of money that came in handy when I got hurt at work and lost my job. Burned it on medical bills along with all of my 401k but I did not have to file bankruptcy that can haunt you.

Bullshop Junior
12-21-2013, 06:01 AM
One more dumb question.

Crossing the bourder with guns. Do they have to be in cases? I was gonna put wm under the back seat behind the subwoofer box, but someone said i need them in cases...I cant really afford cases, ao if I have to buy them, ill probably leave the guns here and have them shipped down at a later date...

kayak1
12-21-2013, 07:45 AM
Hand guns in CA will be an issue, long guns have to be declared before entering CA, then locked up with a seal that they will put on the case, before exiting they will want to check the seal. Shipping at a later date might be best.

pmer
12-21-2013, 08:42 AM
Okay, I just PayPal'd $55.00 to Trooperdan for the auction of the sling. I had a busy week and still need to ship it. I have to plow snow and head for the post office.

Best of luck Bullshop JR! I'm looking forward to reading about the adventures of your trip.

waksupi
12-21-2013, 10:13 AM
To speed up passing through Canada, go online and find the Canadian Firearms site. Down load the forms for as many guns as you are traveling with. They are in triplicate. Have them all filled in before arriving at the border crossing, and save a LOT of time.

Many states require a firearm be in a tied or zipped case. Most require a gun be unloaded and stored separate from the ammo while in transit, unless you have a concealed weapons permit. Check the NRA site, there may be a travel guide.

You can make cases from most any old sheet or material.

Certaindeaf
12-21-2013, 11:15 AM
Wow.. what a great thread/thing and what a great bunch of people.
Good luck, Junior.

trooperdan
12-27-2013, 03:29 PM
Guys, the auctions, personal checks and PP I've received came to $585 by today so I'm sending that on to Daniel today. Thanks to everyone that helped! Daniel, I hope we can somehow get progress reports from you along the way.

Bullshop Junior
12-27-2013, 04:06 PM
I already started a thread on progress reports.

Artful
12-28-2013, 01:51 AM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?224179-Bullshop-Junior-report-thread