PDA

View Full Version : Good luck PA deer hunters

**oneshot**
12-01-2013, 10:15 PM
Just a Be Safe/Good Luck/shoot straight to all my fellow PA hunters tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

Jim Flinchbaugh
12-01-2013, 10:37 PM
Growing up in PA,I can appreciate the good luck & be safe sentiment.
We would get up EARLY and drive to the 7 Mountains area, walk for what seemed like for ever
and when it gets light enough to see, you are surrounded by a sea of orange hats.
Then, nut able to hunt Sundays (is is still like that?) and if you worked, you had 2 Saturdays to hunt
with all the other weekend warriors.

Ajax
12-02-2013, 06:34 AM
Yes, there is still no Sunday hunting. I don't hunt rifle here i wait until flintlock season lot less nuts shooting at you.

Andy

Jim Flinchbaugh
12-02-2013, 11:42 AM
we used to rifle hunt, bow hunt, and muzzle loader hunt just to get a few more days in the woods.
Quite the change moving to MT, when bow season opens in Mid August for antelope and some late season run through December.
Now, wolf season is open till March :) thats like 8 months worth of hunting season, with varmints open year round :mrgreen:

shooter93
12-02-2013, 07:15 PM
Should have come to me Jim...I'd have put you in areas of the seven mountains where you'd not see another hunter for weeks.

rick/pa
12-03-2013, 02:25 PM
And good luck to you also. Having been out yesterday from 6 am to 5 pm I'm taking this day to recuperate and let the deer settle down. Not that we were much bother to them. Didn't see a deer all day except for the one that ran in front of the truck on the way home. I think it was taunting us. Oh well, that's why they call it deer hunting instead of deer shooting.

farmallcrew
12-03-2013, 09:57 PM
I go out archery and late archery season, because the yuppies from the Burgs and their brothers fill up the woods and sounds like a war in the mountains. haha. or i just go out the garage door and have 7 wooded acres all to myself, plus the neighbors 5 wooded acres. But when nothings moving, nothings moving. Its becoming to warm this week, you have to hunt your morning, but im at work at 630am so a morning hunt is out of the question.

southpaw
12-04-2013, 08:37 AM
Time to brag :) We had some luck the last couple of days. This a pic of myself (the fuzzy one) and my father in law. Oh yeah, can't forget about my little princess. By the way, that is my hand holding the beer. To explain the apple, they tried putting it in the fil's deer's mouth but he shot it in the morning and it wouldn't open much. It's kinda a joke like you baited it I guess. I wrote him down as a 8 pointer. He has 5 on the right (one broken short) and 3 on the left (one broken off close to the main beam).

Sorry, he was taken with jacketed.

Teddy (punchie)
12-09-2013, 06:58 AM
Well you at least got some deer. We are having a slow season, last year at this time the group had 5 bucks, about 8-10 does. This year 3 does,man they are hiding, the does. Now the bucks, we are shaking our heads. Talk to about 7 other hunters, plus the 12 hunters that were with us the first day and no antlers. No spikes or small racks NONE.

Saturday was slow we hunted some but no huge drives, only 3 guys. Talked to one guy said all he has seen is one small 6 pt. to small to shoot in our WLM which is 1A and do some hunting in 2B.

WRideout
12-09-2013, 07:24 AM
I drew doe tags for area 2B and went to the gameland next to Wexford on Monday; didn't see a living thing other than hunters. Tues I went to the gameland south of PGH, in Washington Co. where I had scored a button buck a couple of years ago. I passed up a shot on a small herd of does due to running deer, shaking hands, etc. Doe fever, I guess.

Wayne

NSB
12-09-2013, 10:22 AM
My property in NY is right on the PA line. If I walk south off my property I walk right into PA. I heard two shots all day opening day in PA. This Sat. I heard one. Keep shooting the does and it won't take long to figure out where your bucks were coming from. I started hunting PA fifty-two years ago and quit about ten years ago. When I was younger I'd see 50-60 deer opening day. The last year I hunted I saw three and shot a four point. It just wasn't worth the effort of paying for a non resident license and wasting my time looking at trees. QDM has ruined PA deer hunting.

Teddy (punchie)
12-09-2013, 11:37 AM
My property in NY is right on the PA line. If I walk south off my property I walk right into PA. I heard two shots all day opening day in PA. This Sat. I heard one. Keep shooting the does and it won't take long to figure out where your bucks were coming from. I started hunting PA fifty-two years ago and quit about ten years ago. When I was younger I'd see 50-60 deer opening day. The last year I hunted I saw three and shot a four point. It just wasn't worth the effort of paying for a non resident license and wasting my time looking at trees. QDM has ruined PA deer hunting.

I understand what you are saying but, I know they are here, Saturday, tracks all over. End up finding them 1 large doe, two young. Around the hill 80 yds or so about 5 deer and beds. One half mile back at farm 5 doe, they went on posted ground. Later the same day 6 doe 1/4 mile from the other 5. So we are seeing deer but no bucks, and not getting any good shooting, just something different this year.

Teddy (punchie)
12-09-2013, 11:40 AM
I drew doe tags for area 2B and went to the gameland next to Wexford on Monday; didn't see a living thing other than hunters. Tues I went to the gameland south of PGH, in Washington Co. where I had scored a button buck a couple of years ago. I passed up a shot on a small herd of does due to running deer, shaking hands, etc. Doe fever, I guess.

Wayne

Hi Wayne

Just so you know 2A started Saturday, not sure where you were on Tuesday. 2B or 2A.

bubba15301
12-09-2013, 10:39 PM

Wayne

if you were hunting on gamelands in washington county you were in 2a not 2b.which gamesland were you hunting

Jjed
12-10-2013, 12:59 AM
Pa hunters, killing off the doe's! wonder why we don't see many deer now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!