PDA

View Full Version : How I spent my black Friday

frkelly74
11-30-2013, 09:34 AM
In case anyone is interested. Friday was the day that was my wifes last day of work at the hospital in Kalamazoo. She is officially retired and very pleased about it. She had gone to work when I got downsized and was unable to find a job that could make enough money for us to afford what we felt we needed to afford. So I got up and took her in to work and spent the day organizing a small reception for when I got her back home. The Thanksgiving leftovers came in very handy for that and My sister in law was kind enough to have it all hot and ready when we got home. We have three kids at home and I had them lined up in the exit of the hospital to present gifts and play a fanfare as she walked out. I think the grand kids are coming today to continue the celebration, several were sick on Thanksgiving so they stayed home but they are not too far away.

6bg6ga
11-30-2013, 09:40 AM
You did an awsome thing for her. Congrats to her on her retirement. I hope that the two of you can spend some quality time together now.

jeepyj
11-30-2013, 09:54 AM
Congratulations to both of you. Sounds like you made a good day even better with long lasting special memorys
Jeepyj

koehn,jim
11-30-2013, 09:45 PM
Retirement is a great thing, congradulate her for me please.

RED333
11-30-2013, 10:11 PM
Way cool!!!