PDA

View Full Version : PC thickness?

joecz858
11-26-2013, 10:30 PM
Hi everyone,
I am just getting into the whole powder coat game, and I was wondering if there is a perfect thickness of the coating? Some of the methods of applying it (acetone) seem to have the opportunity to extra thick using multiple coats,

Any thoughts, thanks!

bangerjim
11-27-2013, 12:30 AM
ONE electrostatic spray coat and ONE bake.......That 's all that is needed! I coat all my slugs that way with no leading, no smoke and perfect performance.

Slopping on multiple coats with some dry tumbling or liquid method only wastes time. And you get uneven, unreliable, lumpy coats.

Putting multiple coats on makes sizing way too hard. The one step process allows the slugs to slide easily thru the sizing die. I size after casting and then after ONE coat.

Do NOT use any type lube.........either time!!!!!

The stuff applied with an ES gun is truly a "one coat wonder!"

Enjoy the madness!

banger

Freightman
11-28-2013, 12:51 PM
Look
below there is a new forum for coating

sparky45
11-29-2013, 12:30 PM
My PC Gun is supposed to arrive today, kinda excited to see how well she works out.

VHoward
11-29-2013, 01:14 PM
I wish my car had the benefit of a powder coated paint job. :-)
I didn't size my bullets before coating. Only after 1 coat and 1 bake did I size them. Very minimal effort was needed for sizing.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?221293-My-attempt-at-powder-coating
This was coated with the powder coating kit offered from Eastwood.

waco
11-29-2013, 01:29 PM
One coat from an ES gun and your looking at about 2-3 thousands in thickness. Enough to cover nicely, but not too much to size.
Waco

JedYonkers
11-30-2013, 10:55 PM
I size before and after,my lee 452 TC mold drops them at .455 if I size only after PC'ing the coating gets awfully thin.